Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the other news
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.26.2019, 06:47 PM   #161
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The one thing I do have trouble with as a Leave voter who sees my opposition to the EU in 'Leftist' terms is that my vote has undoubtedly benefitted the Right more than it has the Left, although I think this is largely down to prominent Euro-sceptic figures on the Left (like Corbyn) shying away from the debate in the build-up to the referendum, essentially handing the Brexit campaign to figures like Farage and Boris Johnson.

But I still stand by my decision and only wish arguments like the one made below had been more widely published

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...a-real-brexit/
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that is a huge eye opener for me. i have never heard these arguments before. now i get why may is getting shafted in brussels. no means no means no means no and that is that.

now i dont agree with the guyks proposal really—he’s calling for one type of central planning to replace another. state-directed economic development etc., “industry” as if it could be conjured out of thin air, etc.

but national central planning is at least more local than continent-wide planning.

and i see what he means by the tyrannical power of the bureaucracy...

and he’s right you should have prepared for no deal from the start...

but what about the european parliament and the rotating presidence? makes no difference or what? can they not alter the bureaucracy’s programs??
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2019, 06:58 PM   #162
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The one thing I do have trouble with as a Leave voter who sees my opposition to the EU in 'Leftist' terms is that my vote has undoubtedly benefitted the Right more than it has the Left, although I think this is largely down to prominent Euro-sceptic figures on the Left (like Corbyn) shying away from the debate in the build-up to the referendum, essentially handing the Brexit campaign to figures like Farage and Boris Johnson.

But I still stand by my decision and only wish arguments like the one made below had been more widely published

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...a-real-brexit/
I think the "mixed race" vote for Brexit was motivated by people who'd feel more included in this country. I personally feel that's not going to be the outcome in the end. if anything it will make euro Nazis even more racist as well as the English who are already racist. Too late.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2019, 08:59 PM   #163
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I think the "mixed race" vote for Brexit was motivated by people who'd feel more included in this country.

I can't say I've ever felt excluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

now i dont agree with the guyks proposal really—he’s calling for one type of central planning to replace another. state-directed economic development etc., “industry” as if it could be conjured out of thin air, etc.

That's fine but at least you're disagreeing with a Left wing concept rather than the Right wing ones that people usually associate the Leave position with.

Quote:
but what about the european parliament and the rotating presidence? makes no difference or what? can they not alter the bureaucracy’s programs??

The President is selected from the European Council, members of which are (to quote wikipedia) "bound by their oath of office to represent the general interest of the EU as a whole rather than their home state." Members of the European Parliament (which is an elected body) then vote from this list of candidates but there's really no chance the Council will include anyone who might rock the boat. The current president, Juncker, was on the board of governors at the World Bank before he joined the EU. The previous president went on to become chairman at Goldman Sachs. These aren't people you'd turn to if you wanted to shake things up.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2019, 09:08 PM   #164
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ooooooooh.... thats why syrizo is talking about financial focus

FINANCE EGGHEADS!

lmao i see.

they should consider that “the european interest” might b to keep members from quitting

time to short the euro then haaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaa

in recent weeks ive started to realize this alliance is more fragile than i ever knew. precarious, even.

maybe just charlemagnia will be left ha ha ha

damn...

itks like im neo and i took the red pill

and yes, i never heard the left wing arguments indeed

so who are the more loyal members left? there seems to be some france-germany friction actually. germany is the real power yes? who else bands with them?

— typing on the ipad is bit shit
Old 02.27.2019, 04:25 AM   #165
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

they should consider that “the european interest” might b to keep members from quitting

The argument is that they do this through bullying rather than any suggestion of compromise. Juncker was always going to make Britain's exit as painful as he possibly could if only to dissuade other countries from following suit. Lapavitsas is right. This isn't the EU acting from a position of strength, but one of fragility. That's why I agree with him that a no deal should have been our default position from the beginning.

Another pro-Brexit view from the Left (more heavy on the economics)

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/04/b...st-left-corbyn
Old 02.27.2019, 07:27 AM   #166
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
The argument is that they do this through bullying rather than any suggestion of compromise. Juncker was always going to make Britain's exit as painful as he possibly could if only to dissuade other countries from following suit. Lapavitsas is right. This isn't the EU acting from a position of strength, but one of fragility. That's why I agree with him that a no deal should have been our default position from the beginning.

Another pro-Brexit view from the Left (more heavy on the economics)

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/04/b...st-left-corbyn
oh, that.... no. that’s lies hahaha.
the data is real but their conclusions are highly arbitrary.

im glad you explained the array of brexiter positions previously. because any of those could explain the data.

ps- cuba finally got 3g networks last december xD
Old 02.27.2019, 08:00 AM   #167
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, I've said already that I'm not entirely sold on the economic arguments. It's just there as another example of the Left talking about this stuff from a position that doesn't get much exposure. My thing is the issue of democratic accountability and its attitude towards reform.
Old 02.28.2019, 06:09 PM   #168
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, I've said already that I'm not entirely sold on the economic arguments. It's just there as another example of the Left talking about this stuff from a position that doesn't get much exposure. My thing is the issue of democratic accountability and its attitude towards reform.
yeah, the economic arguments are utter shit lol

i’ve been mulling over the financial aspect of the thing for days now (days?) and i think their fiscal fascism is necessary... not sufficient, but necessary. because without a common fiscal floor, so to speak, the euro is worthless as a unified currency.

at the same time not every country is as productive as, say, germany (though germany going theu a bit of a slump at the moment)

but take italy—youth employment is like 30%? only older people have steady jobs basically and the older set is not hip with technology....

i remember some years ago (not sure how many) the north wanted to split off from the south. if they seceded they’d be in fantastic shape economically.

unification, in other words, is always a problem...
Old 03.02.2019, 09:11 AM   #169
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses

ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2019, 03:42 PM   #170
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

a few months ago when gm decided to close sedan plants it was obvious that peak sedan buy had already happened

with yesterday's auto sales figures release it looks like peak has also hit the SUV market, so -- nowhere else to go from here

meanwhile, ride sharing in china is exploding (didi in china dwarves uber globally) as buying cars in places like beijing is limited by lottery.

THINGS MUTATE

also, lower car exports are bad for germany, and tariffs on top of this could make them teeter
Old 03.04.2019, 07:58 PM   #171
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

holy fuck wat stem cells WAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT
Old 03.04.2019, 09:11 PM   #172
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/h...ide-be-n979186
Old 03.07.2019, 12:50 PM   #173
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

48 financial firms apply to move to Germany in Brexit planning

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German regulators have received 48 applications in recent months from financial firms seeking to relocate to Germany in the wake of Britain’s decision to leave the European Union, an official said on Thursday.

Elisabeth Roegele, an executive director with Germany’s Bafin financial markets watchdog, said that more applications could still come.

“There are still companies that are only now dealing with the issue,” she added.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1QO12B

now my obv question is what companies are these and how big are they
Old 03.08.2019, 08:43 AM   #174
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

job creation in february took a massive shit to only 20K rather than the normal 160-180K

otoh wages rose .4% and unemployment down to 3.8%

looks like we've hit a wall there with employment
Old 03.12.2019, 10:12 AM   #175
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the brexit mess is a zoo again, and great hysteria about the boeing plane

will may call for an election?

apple stock kicking ass
Old 03.12.2019, 02:25 PM   #176
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

OOOOOORDER... ORDEEEEEER....

242 391 the nos have it

wtf is up with her throat man. gotta quit the smokes

EUR/USD has been shooting upwards all day and continues

GBP/USD just started rising

eta now crashing back a little. very volatile!
Old 03.12.2019, 02:58 PM   #177
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
What a total omnishambles it is for May. Bless her.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2019, 02:59 PM   #178
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
That sore throat is from deepthroating Juncker all day today

Old 03.12.2019, 03:28 PM   #179
demonrail666
invito al cielo

She's been in an impossible position from the beginning: trying to reconcile two sides that will never be reconciled and dealing with countless different agendas. I've no idea what the next step will be. I can see a vote in favour of extending article 50 but will the EU accept that? And even if they do, we'd then have the farce of participating in the next EU election. Whatever side of the argument you're on, this is a shambles.
Old 03.12.2019, 03:40 PM   #180
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
She's been in an impossible position from the beginning: trying to reconcile two sides that will never be reconciled and dealing with countless different agendas. I've no idea what the next step will be. I can see a vote in favour of extending article 50 but will the EU accept that? And even if they do, we'd then have the farce of participating in the next EU election. Whatever side of the argument you're on, this is a shambles.

Agreed there, my man. I can't even begin to explain the dread I have at the idea of a no deal brexit.

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth