Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth to open for Pearl Jam
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.27.2006, 05:57 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
damn, the forum? I'm going to have to see fucking Pearl Jam? damn my love for the sonic!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 07:10 PM   #22
StrangeLight
empty page

StrangeLight has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
damn, the forum? I'm going to have to see fucking Pearl Jam? damn my love for the sonic!
you could just leave after sonic youth's set is over if it really bugs you that much. and sure, the tickets are more expensive than if sy played in a club, but they're a lot less expensive than if they were opening for almost any other band in that venue. it's not like you're shelling out $100 a ticket or anything.
StrangeLight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 07:47 PM   #23
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLight
you could just leave after sonic youth's set is over if it really bugs you that much. and sure, the tickets are more expensive than if sy played in a club, but they're a lot less expensive than if they were opening for almost any other band in that venue. it's not like you're shelling out $100 a ticket or anything.

I'm with the others. It's not worth it. You're paying more money to see Pearl Jam, who I really don't want to see, and are stuck with a shortened set of probably an hour or less.

On the other hand, you can wait to see a Sonic Youth show that they're headling(which aren't that rare, I've seen them play 3 times in the past 2 years), pay quite a bit less money, get to see them play for 2+ hours, and don't have to deal with all the crowds that go along with seeing a band in an arena.
Old 03.27.2006, 08:00 PM   #24
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah it wouldn't be worth it for you guys (if you don't like PJ)....the tickets are probably sold out anyway. Not to mention expensive as shit. Thanks for yr interest fratboys!
Old 03.27.2006, 08:57 PM   #25
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
$117 for 1 ticket? Damn! I'm not gonna go to that show...I'll wait for the proper SY Flaming Lips tour.
Old 03.27.2006, 10:38 PM   #26
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
im not a big pearl jam fan but i was and alot of pearl jam fans wont be into sonic youth, maybe all that will change, i know if i just saw sonic youth then pearl jam live at any time in my life id come away loving one of those bands and being disappointed in another,

so possibly more sonic youth fans as a result of gigging with pearl jam,

that cant be a bad thing,

sure we here at the board might have to put up with maybe another tread or two about how sonic youth got ripped off by U2 but on the whole im happy if sonic youth want to try to play to new people.
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 10:39 PM   #27
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
its 4.40 in the morning what the fuck is wrong with me?

goodnight!
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 10:53 PM   #28
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i enjoy pearl jam. i admire the fact that they pick good bands to tour with. i doubt they think that sonic youth is better than them but i'm sure they enjoy their music and respect them
Old 03.27.2006, 10:56 PM   #29
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
This was posted earlier, but I feel it should be repeated. FUCK Pearl Jam!
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 11:02 PM   #30
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
This was posted earlier, but I feel it should be repeated. FUCK Pearl Jam!

now thats the spirt
sellouteater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 11:10 PM   #31
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

SuchFriendsAreDangerous said it perfectly. Now that's the SPIRIT! JAH!
-George Carlin
Old 03.27.2006, 11:12 PM   #32
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
what does jah mean
Old 03.27.2006, 11:19 PM   #33
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

sellouteater:

Jah is rastafarian's name for GOD. We feel the word GOD, is to I guess you'd say, negative sounding. Jah is just rasta's way of making god a more uplifting experience.
-George Carlin
Old 03.27.2006, 11:21 PM   #34
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

I'm still confused could you exsplain that again
Old 03.27.2006, 11:26 PM   #35
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I'll try my best to simplify. JAH is rasta's name for god. We do not use the word god when worshiping, or refering to him.
-George Carlin
Old 03.27.2006, 11:30 PM   #36
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

oh i get it now JAH
Old 03.27.2006, 11:41 PM   #37
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

We feel JAH has a more uplifting, enlightening sound, as oppose to GOD which has a more threatening haulting sound.
-George Carlin
Old 03.27.2006, 11:42 PM   #38
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

jah your right
Old 03.27.2006, 11:43 PM   #39
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Uhm. Before you start calling me a hypocrite, can you please point out in the past where I have said "fuck pearl jam!! they suck!!", because I fail to remember such posts.

I've been a pearl jam fan for about 14 years...nothing hypocritical about that.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy them.

i never said AssBlaster was a hypocrite, did i? stop trying to pick up fights

i'm happy you enjoy them, i don't, i stopped caring about them after yield, it's rad you like bands i don't, that's what makes the board so cool, so many people with different tastes.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 11:45 PM   #40
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

Jah your right everyneurotic
yeah tell like it is

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth