Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page 2009 Set Lists -- POST HERE!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.28.2009, 02:14 PM   #261
ThurstonGore!
empty page

ThurstonGore! has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'm 99.9 percent sure that's what I heard in Seattle.
ThurstonGore! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 02:43 AM   #262
matt reeder
little trouble girl

matt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's asses
Portland setlist:

No Way
Sacred Trickster
Calming The Snake
Stereo Sanctity
Walkin Blue
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
Malibu Gas Station
Skip Tracer
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Massage The History
Silver Rocket

encore 1:
What We Know
PCH

encore 2:
Shadow Of A Doubt
Death Valley '69

Awesome show. It felt like it was 900 degrees inside even with the fans on.
matt reeder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 03:49 AM   #263
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt reeder
Portland setlist:

No Way
Sacred Trickster
Calming The Snake
Stereo Sanctity
Walkin Blue
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
Malibu Gas Station
Skip Tracer
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Massage The History
Silver Rocket

encore 1:
What We Know
PCH

encore 2:
Shadow Of A Doubt
Death Valley '69

Thank God for the fan in front of Lee. What an awesome set. "Silver Rocket" totally smoked. I'll post pictures soon,
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 11:51 AM   #264
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
Ooh, Skip Tracer..
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 12:24 PM   #265
tonylbarbur
empty page

tonylbarbur has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The Air Conditioner blew up before the show. Our apologies. Ive been waiting to see SY my entire life. It was incredible. Kimmie wailed through Pacifac Coast Highway like crushin bones! Great show thank you all for getting it to sell out. Thurston has sweat dripping off his guitar. and had probs with his peddel. And still sang his way through. They fixed the problem. By far this show was one my top 5 lifetime moments!
tonylbarbur is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 01:33 PM   #266
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
portland was an unforgettable night. enough said (by me, at least).
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 03:04 PM   #267
decatense
empty page

decatense has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I've never had an answer to the question "What's the best show you've ever seen?" .. I usually end up listing a few REALLY GOOD ones. But, I think this was probably my best show.
It was so hot but Skip Tracer + amazing crowd energy during Silver Rocket and DV69 = excellent.
decatense is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 06:41 PM   #268
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
You know how people on here are always like, "Steve Shelley is a really
cool, friendly, down-to-earth guy?"

WRONG.

He is the coolest, friendliest, most down-to-earth guy. Let it be
definitively known.

Sold the four copies of "No Setlist" I had on hand to Lee Ranaldo
backstage for the whole band--and Chris L.'s copy, haha. (Send me your
address, dude, Patrick has a new one ready to send out your way.) His
enthusiasm for the book (and Thurston's as well--he damn near made me
blush to beet-color) took me aback. I couldn't have dreamed of a better reception for "No Setlist". I hope they love it like I do.
Old 07.29.2009, 06:43 PM   #269
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
nice one Jenn, you deserve it.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 07:10 PM   #270
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn

WRONG.

definitively known.

blush to beet-color) took me aback. I couldn't have dreamed of a better reception for "No Setlist". I hope they love it like I do.

holy shit balls jenn! i can not wait to hear this story. i am so happy for you.

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 07:54 PM   #271
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylbarbur
The Air Conditioner blew up before the show. Our apologies. Ive been waiting to see SY my entire life. It was incredible. Kimmie wailed through Pacifac Coast Highway like crushin bones! Great show thank you all for getting it to sell out. Thurston has sweat dripping off his guitar. and had probs with his peddel. And still sang his way through. They fixed the problem. By far this show was one my top 5 lifetime moments!

Yeah, Steve was hanging out during Awesome Color's set and was totally approachable by anybody that wanted to tell him how much his music means to us. I told him my 17 month old is a big fan too.

I was right next to the stage in front of Lee and could not stop pogoing. I hope I wasn't annoying and blocking anyone's view. God damn that was a fun set!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 02:34 PM   #272
mattmacneil
little trouble girl

mattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's asses
on setlist.fm, their show on July 20th states that they played 'Dripping Dream'...This must be an error.
can anyone confirm this?

mattmacneil is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 02:41 PM   #273
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
they barely played it on the nurse tour, only like texas and australia if i recall, before the album was even released

and to just sure there is no confusion, no they did not play Tunic, if they had Chris and Jenn would have gone nuts on the board, not to say some other old old songs could reappear......after Stereo Santity came back, all bets are off
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 06:46 PM   #274
ThurstonGore!
empty page

ThurstonGore! has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
they barely played it on the nurse tour, only like texas and australia if i recall, before the album was even released

and to just sure there is no confusion, no they did not play Tunic, if they had Chris and Jenn would have gone nuts on the board, not to say some other old old songs could reappear......after Stereo Santity came back, all bets are off

Were you able to attend the show? I'd rather someone who was there confirm or disconfirm this. No offense, but I'm assuming with your location being Maryland that you weren't there. Not trying to start anything or pass any judgement on you, just want to be sure. I can't think of any other songs of theirs that deliver that two-beat power coming out of feedback and into vocals...
Chris and Jenn...I'm assuming you guys were there since Pantophobia refered to you. Do you know? I've listened to every song (album wise) on the posted seattle set list and know there was definitely another song in between... It may not have been Tunic; I just can't think of what else it would have been since it's such a recognizable ditty...Darn...guess I'll ahve to re-listen to their cataloge
Thanks for helping me figure this out though everyone!!!
ThurstonGore! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 07:43 PM   #275
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn

WRONG.

definitively known.

That's awesome, Jenn! I'm very happy for you. I'm about halfway through the book, and it's a great, great, read.
Old 07.30.2009, 09:59 PM   #276
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonGore!
Were you able to attend the show? I'd rather someone who was there confirm or disconfirm this. No offense, but I'm assuming with your location being Maryland that you weren't there. Not trying to start anything or pass any judgement on you, just want to be sure. I can't think of any other songs of theirs that deliver that two-beat power coming out of feedback and into vocals...
Chris and Jenn...I'm assuming you guys were there since Pantophobia refered to you. Do you know? I've listened to every song (album wise) on the posted seattle set list and know there was definitely another song in between... It may not have been Tunic; I just can't think of what else it would have been since it's such a recognizable ditty...Darn...guess I'll ahve to re-listen to their cataloge

The setlist is posted for Portland. Refer to that.
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 12:54 AM   #277
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonGore!

dude, the seattle show has already been posted on dimeadozen, the recording is there for you to listen to if you want (and i recommend it!). i have no idea what song you think may have been tunic, but i assure you it was not played.

full seattle set:

No Way
Sacred Trickster
Calming The Snake
Stereo Sanctity
Poison Arrow
Walkin Blue
Anti-Orgasm
Hey Joni
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Massage The History
Cross the Breeze
--
What We Know
Death Valley '69
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 03:42 AM   #278
Joey Walker
empty page

Joey Walker has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I don't want to take the time to look back to see if they have played it or not, but does anybody know if they have played Skip Tracer on this tour at all? The reason I asked this is, they played this at the soundcheck for the St. Louis show, and at the time I didn't realize it. My friend who was with me at the STL show filmed the soundcheck on his digital camera and we were watching it, and I remembered that they had played that song, and I couldn't put my finger on what it was still, so I looked the lyrics up and sure enough, it was Skip Tracer. My buddy is working on getting the soundcheck up on YouTube currently. Anyhow, maybe they are going to start playing it soon or something, because when I saw them in Nashville, they soundcheck to Stereo Sanctity, and sure enough, it's become a set staple heh.
Joey Walker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 09:02 AM   #279
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Walker
I don't want to take the time to look back to see if they have played it or not, but does anybody know if they have played Skip Tracer on this tour at all? The reason I asked this is, they played this at the soundcheck for the St. Louis show, and at the time I didn't realize it. My friend who was with me at the STL show filmed the soundcheck on his digital camera and we were watching it, and I remembered that they had played that song, and I couldn't put my finger on what it was still, so I looked the lyrics up and sure enough, it was Skip Tracer. My buddy is working on getting the soundcheck up on YouTube currently. Anyhow, maybe they are going to start playing it soon or something, because when I saw them in Nashville, they soundcheck to Stereo Sanctity, and sure enough, it's become a set staple heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt reeder
Portland setlist:

No Way
Sacred Trickster
Calming The Snake
Stereo Sanctity
Walkin Blue
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
Malibu Gas Station
Skip Tracer
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Massage The History
Silver Rocket

encore 1:
What We Know
PCH

encore 2:
Shadow Of A Doubt
Death Valley '69

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 12:17 PM   #280
Joey Walker
empty page

Joey Walker has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Okay thank you, I guess I didn't have to look that far back heh. St. Louis was before Portland though, so I suppose they were just prepping for it then.
Joey Walker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
111213 14 151617 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth