Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.09.2010, 10:39 PM   #3081
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
Subtract New mario bros. It's tired bullshit. Almost every level can be beat by holding down right and occasianally jumping. Terrible design and fucking flat out boring.

Keepers: Galaxys, sin and punishment, okami, madworld, no more heroes.

Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll give it a shot anyway. You definitely seem to be in the minority with that opinion, ha. I just wish they would've given it more of a proper title... y'know, like Super Mario Bros 4. I mean, what are they gonna call the next one if they ever decide to make it?

But yea, I definitely plan on getting Super Mario Galaxy, and No More Heroes first, aptly followed by Madworld, and Okami. I'll be sure to place Sin & Punishment next in line. That is - unless the new Donkey Kong Country turns out to be absolutely mindblowing.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 09:39 AM   #3082
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Haha...Oh, I know I'm in the minority on this one, so by all means give it a go. You might love it. I'm just saying don't expect anything on the level of the two super mario worlds or even mario 3. It's a third tier mario game I'd say. Casual and dull.
Old 11.10.2010, 11:46 AM   #3083
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Add: Lost in Shadows.
Old 11.10.2010, 07:53 PM   #3084
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
You DO NOT want Twilight Princess on Wii. You want it for GCN. The Wii controls are terrible. Don't do it!

Someone told me that too. I think their absolutely fine on the Wii.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 08:02 PM   #3085
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Finally got a new ac adapter for the SNES. One of mine broke, and the other is lost in oblivion. I had to pay $10 for it... yeah, I know I kinda got jipped, but it was the only store where I could find one!
Old 11.10.2010, 08:12 PM   #3086
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i remember being jealous of my friend back when i was a kid because HIS copy of all-stars included super mario world.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 09:14 PM   #3087
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
About 9 hours into FF13... its all I have at the moment.
Old 11.10.2010, 09:31 PM   #3088
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
Add: Lost in Shadows.

Whoa! Definitely will do! This looks radder than hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuXx6vXeZ8
Old 11.11.2010, 12:34 AM   #3089
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses

Streets of Rage 2 anyone?
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 01:31 AM   #3090
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Absolutely, I've beaten Streets of Rage 2 more than any game ever, I bet I've beaten it 150 time since I got it back in 1993. So, about 8 times a year since then.

My favorite thing to do is to activate the super hard mode (give myself 9 lives, though, because it gets HARD) with the cheat mode and go to level 7 and play that INSANE elevator level. It gets so ridiculous; the regular thugs have stars because they have so much life. Also, enemies/bosses show up (with weird colors; like, "why is that guy's skin green now?!") that never would have showd up if not in that mode.

All in all, I prefer Streets of Rage 3 in every way -- the music is way more awesome (despite being "abrasive".. it really exploited the Genesis sound chip for all it was worth, the songs were actually really really long and complex -- brilliant!); you gert to play as Shiva, Roo, and Ash in the Japanese version.. all the special moves, when you get the star and use a 6-button controller.. plus the weapons have special moves! Like you can do a special move with a sword when playing as Axel. So badass! Also, I love the elevator level on this one, too (elevator levels are always my favorite) cuz you can just throw EVERYONE off, haha.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 01:34 AM   #3091
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
anyway, i'm halfway thrugh chaos legion

really fun, though repetetive. Can't wait for it to be over.

HEY VIEWTIFUL ALAN, thanks for that nice rating on the RYM page.

Old 11.11.2010, 07:03 AM   #3092
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Absolutely, I've beaten Streets of Rage 2 more than any game ever, I bet I've beaten it 150 time since I got it back in 1993. So, about 8 times a year since then.

My favorite thing to do is to activate the super hard mode (give myself 9 lives, though, because it gets HARD) with the cheat mode and go to level 7 and play that INSANE elevator level. It gets so ridiculous; the regular thugs have stars because they have so much life. Also, enemies/bosses show up (with weird colors; like, "why is that guy's skin green now?!") that never would have showd up if not in that mode.

All in all, I prefer Streets of Rage 3 in every way -- the music is way more awesome (despite being "abrasive".. it really exploited the Genesis sound chip for all it was worth, the songs were actually really really long and complex -- brilliant!); you gert to play as Shiva, Roo, and Ash in the Japanese version.. all the special moves, when you get the star and use a 6-button controller.. plus the weapons have special moves! Like you can do a special move with a sword when playing as Axel. So badass! Also, I love the elevator level on this one, too (elevator levels are always my favorite) cuz you can just throw EVERYONE off, haha.

I'd have to say I've beaten this game more than any other too. it was one of the few games on Genesis. and man. I never actaully did do the super hard mode.

as for SoR3 I never beat it. and yer able to unlock ROo in US version too I think.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 08:34 AM   #3093
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I just added a big GB-related Mario Bros breakdown to my blog.
Old 11.11.2010, 08:59 AM   #3094
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I think you should add a link in yer sig to yer blog for when I'm not on my computer...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 09:02 AM   #3095
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I think you should add a link in yer sig to yer blog for when I'm not on my computer...

yeah good idea.
Old 11.12.2010, 07:11 AM   #3096
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Been playing some DC games all week..

pretty cool lil game.. a bit overrated, eh?

fighting vipers 2 is great!

evil twin for the dreamcast.. weird as hell platforming game no one ever talks about.

darkstalker for dreamcast

HOLY FUCK! THE ULTIMATE VERSION OF THIS GAME! It's a mashup of every DarkStalkers game ever, on one disc! This goes with PROJECT JUSTICE, SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II TURBO XX, and all the GREAT Street Fighter games (SFIII: 3rd Impact, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Marvel vs SNK 2, etc) as yet ANOTHER badass Capcom game for the DC.

Old 11.12.2010, 07:15 AM   #3097
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Finally been playing NAPPLE TALE

Another great Dreamcast platformer game, kinda reminds me of Rayman/tomba/Pandemonium! and some other great platform games.

I have had the Dreamcast a month and have about 130 games for it now, and it's probably my favorite system ever.. having every game boy, nes, snes, genesis, neogeo, and atari game for it helps as well.

Old 11.12.2010, 08:13 AM   #3098
noisereductions
invito al cielo

back to Adventure Island.
Old 11.12.2010, 09:34 AM   #3099
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

more wii i forgot about:
zack and wiki
world of goo
little kings story
Old 11.13.2010, 06:52 PM   #3100
noisereductions
invito al cielo

well Dr. Eugene, I haven't received the money yet you fucking deadbeat. But for some strange reason Lindsay Lohan mailed me five bucks.
105145152153154 155 156157158165205255 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth