Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.10.2016, 06:48 PM   #501
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

That old-timer in red got it right away, eh.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 07:05 PM   #502
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
this is not my position of course but i'm interested in what people think and why, etc

1- An analogy: If I called the cops on my neighbors for no reason every now and then, after a while the other neighbors might be wondering what's up with these people, might see them as untrustworthy, even though no offense has actually been committed.

2- Some people honestly and fundamentally disagree with her politics.

3- She's the one who first approached Bill for a date. A lot of men and too many women are threatened by this sort of behavior, this deviation from standard practice. The "Bitch don't know how to stay in her place" crowd, or the "In my day" people..
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 07:10 PM   #503
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

That old-timer in red got it right away, eh.
got what exactly?? Democrats are making way too much of this, they come across as self absorbed and petty if you ask me

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 07:42 PM   #504
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

ha ha ha ha!

i just saw this

YES

but it's more of a juniper-pinyon woodland
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 07:47 PM   #505
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
got what exactly??

The very strong suggestion that Clinton and any future judges she appoints should be assassinated. The Secret Service--not known for interjecting themselves into petty political squabbling--took it seriously, too. You're likely in the minority on this one, SFAD. If the Republican establishment had even the smallest bit of integrity, they would completely abandon Trump for thinking assassination threats are a proper part of political discourse. A lot of Republicans are abandoning him but the party AS A WHOLE should say "That's it. No more funding from us. No support on the ground. You are completely on your own." But no--win at any cost. Sorry, but I don't think advocating murder against a political opponent is funny or no big deal.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 07:54 PM   #506
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
The very strong suggestion that Clinton and any future judges she appoints should be assassinated. The Secret Service--not known for interjecting themselves into petty political squabbling--took it seriously, too. You're likely in the minority on this one, SFAD. If the Republican establishment had even the smallest bit of integrity, they would completely abandon Trump for thinking assassination threats are a proper part of political discourse. A lot of Republicans are abandoning him but the party AS A WHOLE should say "That's it. No more funding from us. No support on the ground. You are completely on your own." But no--win at any cost. Sorry, but I don't think advocating murder against a political opponent is funny or no big deal.

is english a second language to you or are you just swallowing the Democrats false narrative. Trump didn't make any such threats. anyone who listened to what he said knew immediately he meant 2 Amendment voters. duh.

that Democrats are making such a big deal out of this i find hilarious. i am just waiting for Gabby Gifford to make press statement

Old 08.10.2016, 07:57 PM   #507
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

that Democrats are making such a big deal out of this i find hilarious. i am just waiting for Gabby Gifford to make press statement
oh wait she did. haha sooooooooooo lame and tone deaf. this all just makes Democrats look foolish and self absorbed

Old 08.10.2016, 08:34 PM   #508
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
this guy. this guy can spin a yarn. sad/funny/sad/funny. good stuff:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...c39_story.html
Old 08.10.2016, 09:56 PM   #509
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
is english a second language to you or are you just swallowing the Democrats false narrative. Trump didn't make any such threats. anyone who listened to what he said knew immediately he meant 2 Amendment voters. duh.

Is (by the way, the first word in a sentence is capitalized) English (that word is capitalized) a third language to you or are you so literal minded you have to have everything spelled out? You seem to think that just because he didn't come right out and say "shoot Clinton and any judges she appoints", then it doesn't count. He was obviously not referring to Second Amendment kooks coming out to vote. He was very strongly implying that they take up arms. But you seem to have bought the Republican spin that he was only referring to voters--duh. That spin is rather pathetic. If you had been paying attention, you would know that Trump has been doing shit like this the entire campaign: making extreme statements, pushing the envelope as far as he can, and then attempting to backtrack. I noticed you didn't even respond to all of what I said but that's par for the course. You increasingly resort to stupid personal attacks rather than address what other posters actually say. You would make a good Trump supporter.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 10:44 PM   #510
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Is (by the way, the first word in a sentence is capitalized) English (that word is capitalized) a third language to you or are you so literal minded you have to have everything spelled out? You seem to think that just because he didn't come right out and say "shoot Clinton and any judges she appoints", then it doesn't count. He was obviously not referring to Second Amendment kooks coming out to vote. He was very strongly implying that they take up arms. But you seem to have bought the Republican spin that he was only referring to voters--duh. That spin is rather pathetic. If you had been paying attention, you would know that Trump has been doing shit like this the entire campaign: making extreme statements, pushing the envelope as far as he can, and then attempting to backtrack. I noticed you didn't even respond to all of what I said but that's par for the course. You increasingly resort to stupid personal attacks rather than address what other posters actually say. You would make a good Trump supporter.

i didn't intend for my snarky comment to come across as a personal attack. i was being sarcastic. My legit apologies on that one..

i just honestly can't understand how ANYONE even remotely read Trump's words as a veiled threat of violence. sure we have heard A LOT of outright frightening and inflammatory rhetoric from Republicans, but this particular example is just not one of them.

do you honestly believe i "haven't been paying attention" simply because i am being rightfully critical of the Democrats overreaction and exaggerating responses? what, should i just kowtow to the party line now and get it over with?

look, no one has been or will be more critical of Trump than myself, but i REFUSE to put on political blinders and wave the Democrats flag in every instance.

indeed it seems Trump's recent comments seem to be some kind of partisan political Rorschach Test, people will see what they want to

Old 08.10.2016, 11:01 PM   #511
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

all the media and social media are saying it was a threat so damn it we all better just ignore our brains and agree! Lord have His mercy, I see the left is as brainwashed and braindead as the right. Its amazing they are feuding when in actuality they were made for each other. American politics is an amazing subterfuge of petty personality conflicts, exaggerated misinformation, and vendettas, meanwhile those in power from all parties only continue to add zeros to their off-shore bank accounts while the American people waste their energy and political capital bickering with each other over perceived slights. Hilarious really. Sad but hilarious. This is why I have never participated in politics, its a form of intellectual and spiritual suicide

Old 08.10.2016, 11:05 PM   #512
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Allowing them there might actually solve a lot of problems, particularly if Trump is denied the nomination on the first ballot. Trump and Cruz could shoot it out at ten paces. I hope they're both great shots.

OH FUCKING SNAP DRJOHNROCK DID YOU FORGET YOU SAID THIS OR NAH????

Old 08.11.2016, 06:14 AM   #513
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
fuck yeah. i will text u in the morning.

the morning has passed and WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR TEXT?
anyways, I'm free on Friday and Saturday. Let's go get wasted.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2016, 07:15 AM   #514
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
the morning has passed and WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR TEXT?
anyways, I'm free on Friday and Saturday. Let's go get wasted.

sent

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2016, 08:34 AM   #515
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
got what exactly??

You might be the 1st person I've encountered for whom Donald Trump is perhaps a bit too subtle in his rhetoric. I was under the impression that everyone, from his opponents to his supporters, even the secret service, knew exactly what he was saying in that statement.

Perhaps the rise of groups like Black Lives Matter, with their chants of 'Dead Cops Now' have blunted your skills of interpretation.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2016, 09:16 AM   #516
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Good article by Thomas Friedman on the correlation between these types of statements and the actual assassination of Yitzhak Rabin, same parallels with the incitements to hurt US Muslims and assaults on Sikhs and Muslims, also same with publishing of the vilification of abortion providers and their subsequent murders thru bombings and guns.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/10...l?_r=1&referer
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2016, 09:30 AM   #517
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You might be the 1st person I've encountered for whom Donald Trump is perhaps a bit too subtle in his rhetoric. I was under the impression that everyone, from his opponents to his supporters, even the secret service, knew exactly what he was saying in that statement.

Perhaps the rise of groups like Black Lives Matter, with their chants of 'Dead Cops Now' have blunted your skills of interpretation.
whoa, man, i'm sorry to report you've been misled about BLM:

http://www.snopes.com/black-lives-ma...n-baton-rouge/
Old 08.11.2016, 09:49 AM   #518
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Newly christened Republican nominee Donald Trump, however, is comically underperforming even McCain’s awful showing. The most recent McClatchy-Marist poll shows Trump running fourth among 18-29 year olds – behind both Green Party nominee Jill Stein and libertarian candidate Gary Johnson – with a miserable 9 percent. Fox News’ latest poll puts Trump’s support among voters under 35 at 23 percent, just ahead of Johnson. He’s at 15 percent with voters under 30 in the latest Economist/YouGov poll. That’s obviously bad news for Trump’s chances in November, but the longer term implications of having a presidential nominee who so effectively repels younger voters could be a big problem for the GOP.

http://www.alternet.org/election-201...ublicans-years
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2016, 10:04 AM   #519
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
1- An analogy: If I called the cops on my neighbors for no reason every now and then, after a while the other neighbors might be wondering what's up with these people, might see them as untrustworthy, even though no offense has actually been committed.

2- Some people honestly and fundamentally disagree with her politics.

3- She's the one who first approached Bill for a date. A lot of men and too many women are threatened by this sort of behavior, this deviation from standard practice. The "Bitch don't know how to stay in her place" crowd, or the "In my day" people..
you're not talking first-person here though, are you?
Old 08.11.2016, 12:57 PM   #520
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You might be the 1st person I've encountered for whom Donald Trump is perhaps a bit too subtle in his rhetoric.
i was not talking about Trump's rhetoric in general, i was talking about this recent and very specific incident. he has said many INSANE and INFLAMMATORY and DANGEROUS things since 2015 and even 2012 when he became the chief spokesman for the Birthers. however all the dust up over the 2nd amendment comments in my opinion reflects massive overreaction.

Quote:

I was under the impression that everyone, from his opponents to his supporters, even the secret service, knew exactly what he was saying in that statement.
yeah that seems to be the narrative.

Quote:

wow. so are you gonna join Tesla and start posting racist stuff now because frankly i am shocked at what the fuck you just said.

232425 26 2728293676126 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth