Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page stellar om source
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.21.2010, 09:53 AM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
are going on tour. coming to dublin. i miSSed the fall and vindicatrix recently so im going to go this time.

like stellar, not my favourite olde english spelling bee artist but still worth seeing i reckon. should be some good merch

there is an element of them that reminds of real estate and the whole light end of this spectrum which is not what i like at all. ducktails is about as relaxed as i can stand it. the whole beach, chill direction is not my thing. anything towards the darker direction of the skaters is preferable. i mean glo fi was a fucking disaster of a genre haha. some of this stuff risks becoming like smooth jazz. you can synth chase your energy coconut crystals down digital n64 beaches all you want but make sure there's some bad acid nightmare metallic venom wasps trying to stab you while you do to stop it from becoming so relaxed.

its not that im agains the lightness, its just it becomes inconsequential and forgettable really easy. when its pulled off well, like that ruine lives CS oneohtrix did or infinity window or heavens gate/some of the more recent ferraro then its great.

EDIT: just found out stellar om source is just one person, female no less. i thought it was a full band.

anyways heres the dates

STELLAR OM SOURCE SUMMER TOUR DATES:

~~~~~ UK/IRELAND TOUR~~~~

May 21 - NEWCASTLE: Star & Shadow

May 22 - EDINBURGH: Roxy Art House

May 23 - GLASGOW: 13th Note

May 24 - BRIGHTON: Cowley Club

May 26 - LONDON: The Grosvenor

May 27 - SALFORD: Islington Mill

May 28 - NOTTINGHAM: The Chameleon

May 29 - DUBLIN: Mill Street Studios

May 30 - CORK: Fred Zeppelins