mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

mooger_fooger ain't too shabbymooger_fooger ain't too shabby
That's a cryin' shame
mooger_fooger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 10:37 AM   #42
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 11:00 AM   #43
the_turnover
empty page

the_turnover chews with a vagina dentata
first time poster ... greetings, sy forums.

this will be my first sy show (not including seeing them at lollapalooza this past saturday) and i'm anticipating a jolly good time had by all. i, like so many others, have no friends who listen to the sonics, so i am forced to drag my poor girlfriend along to the show. i won't be leaving the office until around 5:00 so i'll likely get to the kool haus when the doors open. i haven't done much research on this tour, but i'm guessing there's just one opening act shortly after doors open.

have the sets been very long, could someone tell me? i noticed that their lollapalooza setlist was roughly 75% rather ripped tracks; but that is, of course, just a 1-hour festival gig. either way i know it will be great.
the_turnover is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 12:10 PM   #44
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
Holy fucking shit. I just read that they soundchecked SKIP TRACER a few nights ago!!! One of my favourite SY songs, such a shame it hasn't been played live yet this tour! I was planning on shouting for it tomorrow, but now I'll be shouting extra loud knowing there's a chance it'll be played

they played skip tracer on the nurse tour at the kool haus, maybe, and i hope that they will play it again.

holy-reverb!! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 12:12 PM   #45
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
ill be wearing my hotwire sonic shirt that i got on the last tour. 6 hours till the doors open.

Old 08.09.2006, 02:53 AM   #46
KC Accidental
empty page

KC Accidental has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
it was gooood fun, there was a lot of asshoels (teenage girls) that would not shut the fuck up, after being asked politely over and over, and then asked "shut the hell up!!!!" to no avail) during Islands' set. Holy Fuck totally slayed. Islands was a barrel o' fun! and Metric was just awesome.

Hey I was at that show. Gotta say I was dissapointed with Metric's performance. Worst setlist I've ever seen them do. It was good overall though, Islands and Holy Fuck were amazing, and Metric was still great just not up to the regular snuff. I agree about the teenage girls, I don't really like some Metric fans.

As for the Sonic Youth show last night, I really enjoyed it. I was not expecting them to play Teenage Riot, so I was excited when they opened with it. They played mostly off the new album as expected, and a few old favourites. I was hoping to hear Schizophrenia and Mote but Rather Ripped songs are amazing live so it didn't really matter.The light show and back drop were awesome, and overall it was just a great show.

Songs they played (Somewhat in order)
Teenage Riot
Reena
Incinerate
What A Waste
Eric's Trip
Jam's Run Free
(I Got A) Catholic Block
Turquoise Boy
Rats
Jams Run Free
Do You Believe In Rapture?
Pink Steam
Or

First Encore
The Neutral
Brother James(?)

Second Encore
Sleeping Around
Shaking Hell

Not sure If they did play Brother James, I'm not really familiar with their very early stuff.

By the way I was the 16 year old in the Sleater-Kinney shirt.
KC Accidental is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 07:14 AM   #47
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Second song of the first encore was The World Looks Red.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 08:10 AM   #48
The Ever Changing Face
empty page

The Ever Changing Face has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Good show not one of their most energenic, but I'd still give it a 4 out of 5. My only beef with the show was during the quieter songs some yokells were talking in the back. Oh and I would have loved to have heard Brother James and 100%, who knows maybe in two years time I will. I was the guy holding an SY tshirt.
The Ever Changing Face is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 09:49 AM   #49
the_turnover
empty page

the_turnover chews with a vagina dentata
great show. as someone above said i'm not sure why people pay money to go to a concert and then talk through the entire thing, but they were easy to ignore for the most part.

setlist above is very close, here is the proper order:

teen age riot
reena
incinerate
what a waste
eric's trip
do you believe in rapture?
jams run free
catholic block
rats
turquoise boy
pink steam
or

first encore
---
the neutral
the world looks red

second encore
---
sleepin' around
shaking hell
the_turnover is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 10:12 AM   #50
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

great show. I was in the second row, centre at first but got bumped back a little. didnt care. I didnt get a shirt, they sold out, but meeting lee in the end made it better. thank god they played the world looks red and catholic block. rats sounded awsome. i wish they played ship tracer but im not complaining. thanks for posting the setlist.

Old 08.09.2006, 10:29 AM   #51
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
SY are top 3 bands for me though (along with Matthew Good (Band) and Radiohead)

Wow. for a while I thought I was the only Matthew Good fan in the forum

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 10:30 AM   #52
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Holy shit... I just woke up.

Anyway, yeah that show was awesome. I met Lee, Thurston and Kim... I missed Steve just as he was going into the building. Got my 'Daydream Nation' signed by 3 of em' though. I was right up first row right in front of Lee, who by the way looked like he was having an amazing time. He said after the show that that was one of his favorite shows they did all summer. Plus THE WORLD LOOKS RED!? Amazing. According to Lee, they haven't played that in nearly 15 years. My only complaints would be that since I was right in front of Lee, I couldn't hear Thurston's guitar or vocals so well, I was kinda getting blasted by Lee's guitar the whole show. There really wasn't much guitar noise or craziness to speak of either, last time I saw them they did some pretty extended freak-outs, of course that's probably due to all the songs on the new album.There were also an exhaustive amount of Rather Ripped songs, but I was totally expecting that. I guess Catholic Block and World Looks Red kinda made up for that. All in all, it was fun. Also, I hung out with mushmanski57, nice kid!
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 11:03 AM   #53
3x1minus1
little trouble girl

3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses
yeah! the show rocked. though i was disappointed that i totally missed out on the merch table. by the time i got to it (through the swarm of !people!), everything was GONE.

world looks red was amazing. i didn't even recognize it for a full minute at first. haha.

i put up a short clip (incinerate) on youtube..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRq8SBDjzQw

whee!

3x1minus1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 11:12 AM   #54
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

i guess everyone loved the world looks red. I listened to that all morning.
I only had rather ripped in the car so i got that signed by Lee. I wish i brought a record and not a CD. but its all good.

lee and me

Old 08.09.2006, 11:19 AM   #55
3x1minus1
little trouble girl

3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by holy-reverb!!
lee and me

ohh, reverb dude. you were in front of us in line. haha. glad you got to meet the lee.

Old 08.09.2006, 11:21 AM   #56
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

oh yea, thanks.

Old 08.09.2006, 11:27 AM   #57
3x1minus1
little trouble girl

i also got a few seconds of teen age riot.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G24hgK5fXb4

not much, but. you know. you get the idea. (amazing)

Old 08.09.2006, 11:35 AM   #58
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

i had over 30 mins of film time on my camera, i didint use any. I got about 15 or so pics but no films. i wish i got the world looks red, but i was having too much fun during the song to think about capturing it.

Old 08.09.2006, 12:09 PM   #59
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

mooger_fooger ain't too shabbymooger_fooger ain't too shabby
Holy-Reverb!! Holy-Shit! I was the dude sitting next to you and your girlfriend in the lineup (you know, the guy with the Schnitzel and fried rice LOL)
Good to hear you got to mee Lee, I met him at the last show, a really hep fellow, a true class act
mooger_fooger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 01:24 PM   #60
The Ever Changing Face
empty page

The Ever Changing Face has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I took some pics but they all turned out pooey. I've met Lee a few times, back @ Lola 95, and then in October of 05 @ The Warehouse he is a first class person. Kim's nearly tripped over me twice...once at the Stereolab/Soncis show, and once at the Sonics/Nihilst Spasm band show. She didn't even yell at me the second time.
The Ever Changing Face is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth