Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Shooting at Virginia Tech campus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.16.2007, 01:51 PM   #61
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuetzpalin
like the americans don't have their own persuasion? that they want to please everyone they know? i found this stupid. but things are different here, more free, they teach us to have our own point of view etc.. so it's hard to imagine how hard can it be in america..

Well by pleasing everyone that is a pressure put upon a person.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 01:52 PM   #62
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
another reason why guns should be illegal.

[devil's advocate]If guns were easier to acquire those students could have defended themselves[/devil's advocate]
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 01:54 PM   #63
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
[devil's advocate]If guns were easier to acquire those students could have defended themselves[/devil's advocate]

And some of them may have probably been killed before reaching university age.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 01:54 PM   #64
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Well by pleasing everyone that is a pressure put upon a person.

yes! that's why pleasing everyone is BAD! you have to please yourself at first. why always try to belong somewhere or to be popular? you only have to do things in harmony with your persuasion

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 01:58 PM   #65
sarramkrop

The inherent hipocrisy of Europeans lies in the fact that Europe itself is the inventor of mass murders. Look at history and you'll see that many a different gun has been used to accompolish such tasks. The boring drone of ''Oh, look! Look at what the Americans did!'' is such bollocks to hear every time something like this happens. And it will happen again and again.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:03 PM   #66
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
The inherent hipocrisy of Europeans lies in the fact that Europe itself is the inventor of mass murders themselves . Look at history and you'll see that many a different gun has been used to accompolish such tasks. The boring drone of ''Oh, look! Look at what the americans did!'' is such bollocks to hear every time something like this happens. And it will happen again and again.

i didn't want to say this. i dont't agree with it. i in spite of most europeans don't think all these "oh stupid americans!" thing. because i really hate when somebody judges the nation this superficially. i just wanted to make syntheticaly understand, that the social pressure is everywhere

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:03 PM   #67
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The inherent hipocrisy of Europeans lies in the fact that Europe itself is the inventor of mass murders themselves . Look at history and you'll see that many a different gun has been used to accompolish such tasks. The boring drone of ''Oh, look! Look at what the americans did!'' is such bollocks to hear every time something like this happens. And it will happen again and again.

The reason people in Europe react to this is that America is a cultural, economic and military superpower. there is a serious arguement that tragedies like this raise, the issue of firearms is more and more relevant in the UK as you mentioned in the other thread.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:04 PM   #68
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
It's confirmed 31 people dead.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:07 PM   #69
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_School_Massacres

check the facts.

there's something really wrong about america and their gun policies.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:07 PM   #70
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
so it must have been that 21 people were dead at the scene and another 10 people have since died in hospital.
Old 04.16.2007, 02:09 PM   #71
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuetzpalin
i didn't want to say this. i dont't agree with it. i in spite of most europeans don't think all these "oh stupid americans!" thing. because i really hate when somebody judges the nation this superficially. i just wanted to make syntheticaly understand, that the social pressure is everywhere
Sorry, i wasn't talking about anyone in this thread in particular. More the general reaction of the European press when something like this happens and the consequent thinking that it generates in people.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:11 PM   #72
Officer Randy
little trouble girl

Officer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's assesOfficer Randy kicks all y'all's asses
This is a terrible tragedy- one that makes my heart sink in sadness beneath my tough police officer's exterior.

However, I believe we should not jump to any hasty conclusions regarding guns. Guns are not the cause of the crime, the people are. Evil is a human trait. Guns are necessary for freedom in America. Without them policing would be inefficient. Guns should, however, be restricted to only the most respectable and intelligent citizens. I think the screening process leaves much to be improved upon.
Officer Randy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:12 PM   #73
screamingskull
invito al cielo

yeah i can see that, in england some news presenters get this "stupid american's" tone in their voices and in the way the present their findings on the story, which is stupid!
Old 04.16.2007, 02:13 PM   #74
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
while i feel sad about the victims, i'm going to quit talking about this, for the following reasons:

1. wallowing in these events only spreads the negativity & fearmongering further
  2. whatever i can discuss here is not going to help either me nor the victims
  3. giving too much attention to this only whets the appetite of attention whores who may wish to commit similar acts in the future.
  4. sure i cannot beat the mass media at their game but i'm content with scoring a personal victory & maybe somebody else will do the same.
call me crazy. i'm not indifferent to this, but i don't see how i can do anything else by hammering on it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:20 PM   #75
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
while i feel sad about the victims, i'm going to quit talking about this, for the following reasons:

1. wallowing in these events only spreads the negativity & fearmongering further
  2. whatever i can discuss here is not going to help either me nor the victims
  3. giving too much attention to this only whets the appetite of attention whores who may wish to commit similar acts in the future.
  4. sure i cannot beat the mass media at their game but i'm content with scoring a personal victory & maybe somebody else will do the same.
call me crazy. i'm not indifferent to this, but i don't see how i can do anything else by hammering on it.
I'm sorry but plain sentimentalism has never helped anyone. It's plain as white bread that you're not going to find solutions to tragedies from scallywags sitting in front of their computer, that obvious. For that there are the princess Dianas and Madonnas of this world.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:20 PM   #76
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
how come after an extensive list of massacres and etc. they still have the same gun policy... that's what is stupid.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:22 PM   #77
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The boring drone of ''Oh, look! Look at what the Americans did!'' is such bollocks to hear every time something like this happens. And it will happen again and again.

I was about to say the same thing.

this exact same dialog occurs across the internet everytime this happens. these threads always devolve into flame wars about Amerika and it's "love" of guns.

despite our Amerikan "lifestyle" being a contributing factor in many of these type of "events", the discussion rarely rises above cultural finger pointing.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:24 PM   #78
screamingskull
invito al cielo

So this is what my generation is going to be famous for huh? Generation Y, the remembered famous for all the school shootings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-AJYi-wzpA
Old 04.16.2007, 02:30 PM   #79
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I was about to say the same thing.

this exact same dialog occurs across the internet everytime this happens. these threads always devolve into flame wars about Amerika and it's "love" of guns.

despite our Amerikan "lifestyle" being a contributing factor in many of these type of "events", the discussion rarely rises above cultural finger pointing.
And that's exactly my point. The simplistic way in which these things are discussed, the trite sentimentality and the general consensus tha 'all' Americans are gun-loving Marylin Manson fans etc, will take nobody nowhere. The generation x thing is a tad too utopian for such things and it normally gets an interesting discussion into a cul de sac.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:32 PM   #80
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm sorry but plain sentimentalism has never helped anyone. It's plain as white bread that you're not going to find solutions to tragedies from scallywags sitting in front of their computer, that obvious. For that there are the princess Dianas and Madonnas of this world.

you're sorry about what, foo?? you're agreeing with me, right there. and i'm not being sentimental but very practical-- getting back to work as we speak.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth