Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What's your most hated band?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2020, 09:54 PM   #321
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I remember you, it's strange seeing old names pop up. You could jump on the bandwagon and post 'hey I remembered my password' then proceed to fuck off for another eternity, like other old posters weirdly have done. Or not.
I remember you as well...I dunno, ever since the band broke up this place has seemed like a zombie forum. The (out)dated layout certainly doesn't help. It was always like, "come for the Sonic Youth, stay for the chaos", but without the Sonic Youth part, it just isn't the same. Sure, I know the individual former band members have released their own material, but I've never paid much attention to side projects (though those are now their main projects)...

I think the forum suffered a massive shock from the band's demise that it never recovered from. I don't know if I/we somehow expected SY to carry on forever despite being mortal or in that case, carry on until one of them died or became too old to play like they used to (they've got to be in their 60s by now)...
Quote:
You'll be pleased to that know Kings of Lesbo have a new song and accompanying video out.
Not really. I just sort of don't hate them, or respected them more than most everyone else on here. But then again, it just seemed like on here, anything that's gotten any kind of airplay (does this even matter anymore?) post-1993 is rotten garbage that should be disposed of. Or I could have been projecting my own thoughts on everyone else. The postings from 2009 me are definitely made from the perspective of having come around from that attitude. Had this thread been made earlier in my original tenure on here, I probably would have had a lot more vitriol...
Old 04.11.2020, 01:22 PM   #322
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Most people tend to prefer current things and trends to older, and SY fall in to the latter. It's a shame the chaotic times have gone but then again, most of those people may have proven to be shallow individuals by leaving once the band broke up. Then there's the flip side of the coin with some posters seemingly living here in some neg virtual home regardless of the wasteland it has become.

Places like Facebook, Reddit, and Instagram gaining popularity have probably played a part too with posters flocking to drop likes on photos of their cousins' barbecue.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
141516 17
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth