Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sadness is selling your SY records...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.05.2006, 12:46 PM   #1
fastheadache
empty page

fastheadache has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
But in my case it must be done. Grad school ended up taking too great a toll on my bank account. Anyway, here's the list of what I've got in no particular order:

12"ers:
Evol - SEALED SST copy
Sister - SEALED SST copy
Bad Moon Rising

Death Valley '69
Master Dik
Dirty (2 LP version)
Disappearer - sealed / cut-out
Dirty Boots - sealed
Kool Thing - UK version
Kool Thing - US version
Touch Me I'm Sick (with Mudhoney)
TV Shit (with Yamatsuka Eye)
The Whitey Album
Free Kitten - Call Now
Gioventu Sonica (Italin bands doing strange SY covers)
Mosquito - Time Was
Lee Ranaldo - From Here to Eternity (grey vinyl)
Lee Ranaldo - From Here to Eternity (black vinyl)

10"ers
100% - Concentric Groove

7"ers
Personality Crisis - red vinyl
Providence
table of the elements - (Thurston's and Lee's)
Mosquito - mosquito (has nice lock groove track)
Richard Hell, with members of SY.
Dim stars quad 7", rare item iirc. Nice sick Pettibon cover...
Lee Ranaldo - broken circle spiral hill
Ciccone Youth - the 7", maybe on colored vinyl, can't remember.

Oh, and I have a copy of the old newsletter. #2? #3 Maybe?

This is only about half. I also have original Zensor issues of the first three releases, Walls Have Ears, and other neat stuff but will probably hang on to all of those for now...
I'd prefer to sell the entire collection at once or atleast groups of records, but feel free to send me offers. I've got many other early-mid 90s records in the same genre - including a giant pile of Nirvana stuff...

If yr interested email me:
butchejr
at
email.uc.edu

Thanks,
Jason
fastheadache is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 12:50 PM   #2
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

thethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to all
I'm very interested, but I have no clue how much to offer. Starting bid?
thethuthinnang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 12:55 PM   #3
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
You'll get more on ebay

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 02:35 PM   #4
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Are you selling all of yr records or just the SY? You of course are a madman, but since you have the same name as me I'll let it slide
Old 07.05.2006, 02:59 PM   #5
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Will you really make that much off these to make much difference? Man, take my advice and hang onto them. You won't find them again, I guarantee that. And you'll kick yourself for selling them. I speak from experience. I went through a "grunge regret" period in the early 90s and gave away some great Nirvana and Melvins vinyl that I have looked for high and low ever since to no avail.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 03:35 PM   #6
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Will you really make that much off these to make much difference? Man, take my advice and hang onto them. You won't find them again, I guarantee that. And you'll kick yourself for selling them. I speak from experience. I went through a "grunge regret" period in the early 90s and gave away some great Nirvana and Melvins vinyl that I have looked for high and low ever since to no avail.
Which Melvins and Nirvana vinyl do you need?

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 06:25 PM   #7
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't sell them, but if you must let us know what prices you're willing to sell them at.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 07:20 PM   #8
IntoTheGroovey
bad moon rising

IntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to all
I'd sell my blood and internal organs before I sold all of those records.
Old 07.06.2006, 05:15 AM   #9
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
Time takes its crazy toll..........
sell your car or whatever but keep the records
making the drama scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2006, 05:49 AM   #10
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Agreed, you're better off not selling these.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2006, 09:31 AM   #11
fastheadache
empty page

fastheadache has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I appreciate the advice, but I've thought this over quite a bit, and as I said in my original post I'm not selling ALL my SY records, this is less than half of what I have.

Also, for those asking me how much I want for the records. I'm looking for offers. You may deduce that I haven't been buying vinyl since the mid-90s. I don't know their worth in the current "market" value nor do I have the time or energy to go about researching it. If there is an item you want email me how much you'd like to pay for it, something fair and reasonable and we'll take it from there.

I also have some SY CDs: all the SST discs, Whore's Moaning, singles, old comps, etc.

Thanks,
Jason
fastheadache is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2006, 09:38 AM   #12
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
its a tough one Jason, i know what its like when something you really need to do drains all your cash and you're left with an option like this to make up the dough. dont worry though man, your a top SY fan and no amount of money can take that away from you.
Old 07.06.2006, 09:44 AM   #13
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookid
Which Melvins and Nirvana vinyl do you need?

I used to own a Sliver/Spank Thru single/EP on a 12" vinyl. It was so cool. The one with the see-thru body on the front cover.

As for Melvins, I traded to my local record store vinyl copies of Bullhead, Eggnog, and Gluey Porch (the orignal issue, not the repackaged one), and I gave them my CD copy of Houdini.

Some sane part of my mind told me to keep my Ozma LP, which I cherish to this day.

I'd love to have any of that stuff back. Especially Bullhead and Eggnog.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth