Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Are sonic youth satanists?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.12.2006, 03:23 PM   #141
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses

truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 03:27 PM   #142
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Good times.
Old 04.12.2006, 03:42 PM   #143
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
satanism is a religion!!!

and when mixed with metal it's awesome!!!!

and when it's mixed with pretty much everything else (especially industrial) it sucks!!!!

sonic death kvlt

death to false yovth fans, if you are not EVOL then you should perish!!!!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2006, 02:34 PM   #144
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone notice how god's music sucks (except Styper of course) and mr satan himself has all the best songs? (except nit having stryper)

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 07:01 PM   #145
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Ok facists

Time to "Bring it Back!" DISCUSS!

Didn't I tell you to "let that shit die"? And here you are strring up shit, determined to keep this thread alive. I will eat your soul!!!
Old 04.19.2006, 07:13 PM   #146
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
It's true....he's a Sith.
Old 04.19.2006, 07:24 PM   #147
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Personally, I think this thread is pretty clever manipulation on AssBlaster's part. Some may call it trolling, but whatever it is, it's funny.

Anyway, about h8kurdt's post: music has its roots in religion. Almost every aspect of western music has its origins in church music. Some of the greatest musical works of the western world were directly influenced by religion . AssBlaster is right about Bach - I listen to the St. Matthew Passion even though I don't believe in Jesus. And I like Messiaen too, and I'm not Catholic. This is really lame of me to go on at such length about some old post that was probably made as a joke anyway, but I also have to address your (h8kurdt's) signature. It was inevitable since I'm a music theorist.

You must like Debussy a lot, so you know that his music is very spiritual and apparently uncalculated (this is disputable). I like the quote because the "music theory" that Debussy was refering to (or his translator...where is that quote from anyway?) was indeed pretty shitty. Theorists had a lot of ridiculous ideas that were pretty unmusical and wacky back then and they often just added programmatic little stories to instrumental pieces and passed it off as "analysis". Music theory today is as similar to music theory back then as modern psychology is to Freud - owes a lot to it while dismissing it. But what a lot of people think of as "theory" today is just rudiments of music. Debussy benefitied A LOT for traditional "theory" studies such as harmony and counterpoint and form. What he didn't like was understandably pretty stupid, but if you think his quote is reaffirming the idea that learning scales and key signatures is pointless, well I think you're missing something. There is a quote from Hindemith that you would love - he's one of the most important theorists and composers of the 20th century, but he despised "theory". I'll try to find the quote - he goes on about how theorists are just musicians that couldn't cut it as performers or composers and there's a lot of truth in what he's saying. I don't know what he'd think about being considered such an important theorist today...I'll shut up now.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 08:15 PM   #148
hematoma6
empty page

hematoma6 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
it seems to me that any successful, self-respecting satanist would have headlined at W's first inaugural ball....
hematoma6 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 08:59 PM   #149
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
iiI
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 05:07 PM   #150
something
bad moon rising

something kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's asses
maybe it's just the opposite man, maybe there actually christian rock and all there songs have hidden messages like "love jesus" and "praise the lord" i think that would be a hell of a lot scarier then if they did have relations with the princess of darkness

http://www.myspace.com/usedtoaster
something is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 07:10 PM   #151
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
"Are Sonic Youth satanists?"

This is the dumbest question I've heard in quite some time. No, they are not satanists! Thurston grew up christian as did Lee (catholic). Don't know about the rest of the band, but Im sure they were brought up with some form of Judeao-Christian religious stuff. Thurston has a roman cross tatooed on his left arm, and I dont think it's out of sarcasm. I'm sure that they don't always agree with the bullshit that religious people pull off through the Church and in the name of God (SY are liberals, after all), but I can't see them ever worshiping anything as stupid as Satan. Satan doesn't exist. And God probably doesn't either.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 03:26 PM   #152
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
P.S. I absolutely LOVE the Baby Jesus butt plug idea. Where can I get one for my preist?
Old 05.28.2006, 03:19 AM   #153
Shannon
empty page

Shannon has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
In all seriousness: I read somewhere that Thurston was brought up Catholic but is now an atheist.
Shannon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 05:36 AM   #154
punknomuerto
little trouble girl

punknomuerto has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
definitive
Old 05.28.2006, 05:40 AM   #155
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
No, but I am.
Old 05.28.2006, 05:58 AM   #156
punknomuerto
little trouble girl

we only come out at night, like the smashing pumpkin song,
i think sonic youth are humans that are tending more towards nature
the nature of electronics, the electric guitarr buzzing simpnonically,
calling god

and they play the scene of death,
Old 06.08.2006, 05:15 PM   #157
something
bad moon rising

something kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
In all seriousness: I read somewhere that Thurston was brought up Catholic but is now an atheist.

most people brought up catholic turn to atheism everyone i know who was brought up irish catholic and such have all turned out to be atheist myself included

http://www.myspace.com/usedtoaster
something is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2006, 10:48 PM   #158
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by something
most people brought up catholic turn to atheism everyone i know who was brought up irish catholic and such have all turned out to be atheist myself included

That's because Catholicism is bullshit!

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
Old 06.17.2006, 05:17 PM   #159
punknomuerto
little trouble girl

and can u bring me the cahuama,

sy eat kidz out there,
light up grown-ups in wheelchairs and push the to the freeways. lightened up
they even influenced death to the pixies,
and that playstation game called banjo kazooe
Old 06.17.2006, 08:03 PM   #160
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Sonic Youth used to sacrifice goats at Nels Clines' house. Freaky stuff!
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth