Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sun City Girls-First LP
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.25.2008, 07:15 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
The one that came out in 1984. Pretty sure it's way out of print, but after months of blog scavengering I finally found a great sounding upload on the Shards of Beauty Blog (which I might add is awesome for rare psych and folk and early drone stuff from all over the world). Rick Bishop himself said this record is still one of the best things they ever did, and you know what? Hes absolutley right! This record is total life affmrming dude radical mega inspiring totally whacked pure Sun City Girls-exceellence. I like it as much as "Torch of the Mystics", "Dulce", "Kaliflower", "Dawn of the Devil", "Carnival FOlk Lore Resurrection", all my faves. If you get a chance to hear this, do so.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2008, 07:17 PM   #2
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, and it's also one of the only SCG albums where Alan talks about smoking weed without metaphor, "Yeah, he sits around smokes a little pot, aint nothing wrong but he likes to sit around smoke a little pot drink a bit a beeeh", something like that.
Old 11.26.2008, 03:19 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah it's quite good. Holds up quite well. My favorite SCG albums are box of chameleons, crossdressers, uncle jim's true confessions of homeland security, folk songs of the rich and evil (actually all those cloaven casettes are amazing), pretty much any of their singles... and horse cock phepner of course.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2008, 08:29 AM   #4
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
i am really surprised that this has never been reissued...maybe Placebo has the masters?

it's a great LP, but very hard to find...i got my copy years ago and have never seen another one outside of the occasional ebay sale.

'do you guys have an aquarium? is it STOCKED?'

narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2008, 05:39 PM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
It's you. It's the burning nerve ending magic trick.
It's you. It's the burning nerve ending magic trick!
It's you. It's the burning nerve ending magic trick! (Laughter)
(It's you. It's the burning nerve ending magic trick.)
It's you! It's the burning nerve ending magic trick. I really think it's you! (Laughter)
It's a perfect cube. It's you. (It's you)
It's the burning nerve ending magic trick (burning nerve ending magic trick).
It's you. It's the burning nerve ending magic trick.
It's you. It's you! It's time for you! (Maniacal laughter)
IT'S THE BURNING NERVE ENDING MAGIC TRICK!
It's you. It's the burning nerve ending magic trick. It's the demons crawling underneath the skin. (It's all for you....) That could be the sound of someone slowly peeling the band-aids off the blisters that formed from masturbating too long underneath an ultraviolet sun lamp.
It's you. It's fucking you. It's the burning nerve (burning nerve ending magic) ending magic trick. (Laughter)
Ha ha! It's you. It's the burning nerve ending magic trick.
The infernal frolic of life doesn't reside in my sperm anymore. It tastes like two meat aspirins. It's the sound of one car crashing. It's the drum with the blood on it. [??] with our ovaries. [??] THE MORTALLY WOUNDED! It's the sense of drama that occurs during those rare moments when one becomes conscious of the absurdity their lives represent.
The burning nerve ending magic trick! The burning nerve ending magic trick! (much laughter)
It's you. It's burned and blessed. It's the burning nerve ending magic trick. (Youuuuuuu)
It's you!

Old 11.27.2008, 03:51 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

all of alvarius b's solo records, particularly the second, rank aming my faves too.
Old 11.27.2008, 04:39 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

BLOOD OPERATIVES OF THE BARIUM SUNSET or whatever it's called is amazing. I like his solo stuff more than Richard's...

Old 11.27.2008, 11:11 PM   #8
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
the 1st Al B record is the best. love that thing. bought it twice.

SRB's discography is not to be shunted off to the side...plus, he tours a lot more than Alan, so it's actually not an act of god to hear the stuff in a live setting as well.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2008, 09:39 AM   #9
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
BLOOD OPERATIVES OF THE BARIUM SUNSET or whatever it's called is amazing. I like his solo stuff more than Richard's...

He has an unfair advantage, vocals.
Old 11.28.2008, 09:52 AM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Trust me, I never shunted anything off to the side, I've listened to Richard's shit a lot, I have everything, all the vaults, improvika, electronic dominica, staged, and all the main albums and whatever. Of course I love his work.

I'm just saying, I wish Alan would release more solo albums.

Old 11.28.2008, 02:51 PM   #11
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
why didnt this just go in the SCG are wacked and wonderful thread?
anyhoo, yeah, its great. its the first album of theirs that i heard. because of uncle jim, jokers on a waltz and especially helwa shek, i love them the way i do

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth