Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page there's always room on the broom
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.16.2007, 08:22 AM   #1
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
baleeted
Old 05.16.2007, 02:10 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
First of all, LIARS are great. Even though they have songs I don't like, I love them simply for being, well, LIARS. Constantly changing their music from release to release. That's how a band should be.

Second of all:

"

The creepiest part on Einstürzende Neubauten's new concept album, Perpetuum Mobile, arrives at three minutes and 33 seconds into track three. Coincidence? Vocalist Blixa Bargeld has just collapsed his own weighty voice into a whisper, miked close enough that you can hear the click of his tongue. As the silence gets heavier, his voice is reverse-looped, as if he's been sucked into a quiet wave--a spine-chilling moment on a record whose expressed theme is "a pandemonium of catastrophes." The devil finds its other half on new Liars EP, There's Always Room on the Broom. By lovingly swiping the cover art of Neubauten's Strategies Against Architecture '80-83 (they painted a little witch's hat and broom on the EN logo), Aaron Hemphill (guitars) and Angus Andrew (vocals) make a few points, two them being: 1. the Liars are tricksters 2. the Liars are tricksters on some industrial shit.
"

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portl...category=22153

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 02:22 PM   #3
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
In an interview for a french magazine (Versus, issue 6), the interviewer asked them why they put Einsturzende Neubauten's logo on it. Answer:

Angus: It was a funny reference to a label collegue of ours
Julian: And it pokes curiosity...
Angus: It made us laugh. Einsturzende Neubaten has the image of a really dark, very cold band, and seeing this artwork people are probably going to think: "this band must be dark and glaucous". While in fact, it's just three stupid kids playing (laughs). Our albums are dark, but we do not take ourselves seriously. I think it's something primordial

(sorry for the rough translation, made in SyrFox ^^)
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth