Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page v for vendetta
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.08.2006, 09:29 AM   #1
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
who else has seen it? what'd you think? here are my thoughts. first of all, it was a wildly entertaining movie. deffinetly had me engrossed from start to finish and i really enjoyed it. it moved along at a nice pace and never let you get comfortable or bored. however, in terms of the political/philosophical stuff it was a little lack luster. there just simply wasn't much depth in there, watch it once and it's pretty much all lain out there for you. this was very blunt and obvious and the it still wasn't exactly the most intelligent social commentary. i liken this to the average political punk band. it gets your blood going and is very entertaining but when you really look at it, there's really not that much there. all in all though, a very good movie that i would deffinetly suggest seeing.
Old 04.08.2006, 11:00 AM   #2
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I actually thought it was really boring. I expected better from the wachowski brothers. But yeah, I was pretty bored after the first hour, and after that I didn't care what happened. There was a mildred pierce (the book or movie) thing in V's 'house' (or so says my dad, who saw it, not me). And why did V just happen to have his own little prison to keep natalie portman in?
Old 04.08.2006, 01:58 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I still haven't seen it. I thought it looked cool when I first heard about it, but I kind of lost interest.
Old 04.08.2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Isoflurane
bad moon rising

Isoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to behold
Lame movie.
It tries to get really fucking profound too quickly at the end.
Want to feel smart? Read a book.
Want to have a good time? Get a six-pack.
Old 04.09.2006, 06:26 PM   #5
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
it was so so i thought, they just dressed up orwells 1984, stuck a mask on smith and changed the ending
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
I just saw it today. Excellent flick.
Old 04.09.2006, 07:13 PM   #7
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i still think people should see it because it is a really entertaining action movie
Old 04.09.2006, 07:15 PM   #8
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
I enjoyed it. Good entertainment. But i did feel they tried to tie it to the current political climate too much. Most people would get the nod to 1984 early on, and instead they kept trying to hit all the various issues of the day, like gays being treated as pariahs etc, where they would segue to another little mini story within etc...it ended up trying to do too much, and lost some focus. But again, pretty enjoyable, if flawed, flick.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth