Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Question for Bearded Members with music webpages
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2008, 04:47 PM   #21
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
The beard brings eternal youth??? That's pretty sick.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2008, 04:54 PM   #22
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have only cut and sdhaved my beard once since 1991.

it was around 3 years ago. horror horror! I looked exactly like the 15 year old I used to be! my face had not aged at all.

everyone hated it, cuz they are used to the beard.
I hated it cuz i looked like a doof

I know that. when you grow your beard for a while and then cut it off...everytime you look into the mirror you are thinking youve cutted your chin off too
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2008, 04:57 PM   #23
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
The beard brings eternal youth??? That's pretty sick.

Depending on how early you start wearing one, they take youth away and put you in a state of perpetual 40-something-dom.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2008, 04:58 PM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am a pale person as is. most people never get that I am puerto rican.

when I shaved off my beard my cheeks and jaw and chin were SOO white, they looked grey. My mom said I had "cara de pedo"
which means fart-face, or skin the color of a fart.

I wear my beard fairly short, but damn, what a difference some color makes!

here's me and my lady so you can see

Old 08.13.2008, 04:59 PM   #25
al shabbray

you both look really sympathic
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2008, 04:59 PM   #26
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses

11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2008, 05:05 PM   #27
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Pai Mei! Both those movies were on TV a few weeks ago. Awesome kick-back movies.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2008, 07:44 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Depending on how early you start wearing one, they take youth away and put you in a state of perpetual 40-something-dom.

its more like they come from an inner-state of perpetual forty-somethingdom. beards are eternal, I dont understand why men have to shave in western culture? women have become far to affraid of hair.

these dudes know exactly what I am talking about..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2008, 08:12 PM   #29
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Those guys all have sculpted facial hair requiring extensive, deliberate razor use.
Old 08.13.2008, 08:19 PM   #30
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Those guys all have sculpted facial hair requiring extensive, deliberate razor use.

yes but that is besides the point, what they do have is what would be considered today excessive facial hair. I think that in the days when crazy fucking mustaches were in, a regular beard would be the norm, and if you look at most civil war era photos, that is exactly the case. the beard is natural, it should be let to grow.

Lev 19:27 "You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard."

Old 08.13.2008, 08:29 PM   #31
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Well, then the past few years of hipsterdom should suit your tastes fine, what with the whole place being overrun by noisenik gnomes with beards down to their belts.

Personally, I'm not into it. Looks cool on really old wizard guys though. Beards still beat moustaches any day of the week, but they all say Itchy to me.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:57 AM   #32
al shabbray

they are only itchy for a few days after that, its not itching anymore. that was the first reason Ive become lazy cutting it, because I hate that itching
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 01:26 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well, then the past few years of hipsterdom should suit your tastes fine, what with the whole place being overrun by noisenik gnomes with beards down to their belts.

Personally, I'm not into it. Looks cool on really old wizard guys though. Beards still beat moustaches any day of the week, but they all say Itchy to me.

What is Pogonophobia?

Defined as "a persistent, abnormal, and unwarranted fear of beards", each year this surprisingly common phobia causes countless people needless distress.

they dont itch very much, but when they get past your neck in length, you tend to wake up with a mouth and nose full of beard, that is until they start to dread up. I regret cutting my dreaded beard everyday, but the world just couldn't handle the combination of white dude plus dreads plus dreaded beard, something had to give... alas alas

this is my brethren Wadi Gad's dread beard:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth