Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Top 10 albums of 2016
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.25.2016, 01:54 AM   #21
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
my bad, i didnt mean to say everyone on the board werent inclined toward adventurism in music tastes. i meant the dude that said all music was the same. i am inebriated.

i have heard probably 5 kanye songs. each was as boring and vacuous as any other contemporary hip hop, and the lyrics were sophomoric. but hearing him was preceded by knowing he's borderline. (asshole, god complex, cyclically psychotic) so maybe it made for some bias.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2016, 01:59 AM   #22
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
I think Kanye is probably autistic. But he's pure. Seriously a harmless, good natured, very childlike naive genuine dude. Wouldn't hurt a fly.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2016, 08:02 AM   #23
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
SONIC YOUTH - Spinhead Sessions (Goofin') /does this count as reissue?/
BIOSPHERE - Departed Glories (Smalltown Supersound)
DEMDIKE STARE – Wonderland (Modern Love)
MASSIVE ATTACK-Ritual Spirit/The Spoils/Dear Friend (Virgin)
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST-We got it from here…thank you for your support THE CARETAKER “Everywhere at the End of Time” (History Always Favors The Winners)
NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS “Skeleton Tree” (Bad Seed Ltd.)
ALAN VEGA/MARTIN REV “SUICIDE” (Superior Viaduct)
SAM KIDEL - Disruptive Muzak (The Death Of Rave)
PJ HARVEY - The Hope Six Demolition Project (Island)
RAINFOREST SPIRITUAL ENSLAVMENT - Green Graves (Hospital Productions)
KLARA LEWIS - Too (Editions Mego)
KOREA UNDOK GROUP (Penultimate Press)
MICK HARVEY - Delirium Tremens (Mute)
MARK LECKEY - Dream English Kid 1964-1999AD (The Death Of Rave)
RAKTA - III (Iron Lung)
PORTER RICKS - Shadow Boat (Tresor)
CARLA DAR FORNO - You Know What It's Like (Blackest Ever Black)
EOMAC - Bedouin Trax (Bedouin)
BLACK MERLIN - Hypnotik Tradisi (Island Of The Gods)
OLIVIA WIATT + BITCHIN BAJAS - Sailing A Sinking Sea LP/DVD (Drag City)
REGIS - The Boys Are Here (Blackest Ever Black)

reissues:
HARRY BERTOIA - Sonambient (Important)
TONY CONRAD WITH FAUST - Outside the Dream Syndicate (Superior Viaduct)
GAS - Box Set (Kompakt)
THE CLEAN - Getaway (Merge)
SUN RA AND HIS SOLAR OKESTRA - I Roam The Cosmos (Art Yard)
VARIOUS "Music of Morocco: From the Library of Congress, Recorded by Paul Bowles 1959" (Dust-to-Digital)
DELIA DERBYSHIRE AND ELSA STANSFIELD "Circle Of Light" (Trunk)

I was happy to see some old names back in the action like Underworld, Roisin Murphy, MIA, Autechre, Locust, Brian Eno, Pantha Du Prince, Dinosaur Jr., even though I was not bother to listen to any of them albums yet.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2016, 09:50 AM   #24
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
thing is, where's yr top of 2016 dead_battery? you could help out. everyone here is hip hop like expected then, there is d.sound with all the fluukey dookie obscure stuff. and that will be just about it. end of thread.

it all goes along with you not really talking about music on here. what do you like?

Kanye and political gossip is all anyone gets from this place anymore. talking about drawing lines.

across the years in my different user names i used to post A LOT about music, a shitload. all the time.

i made a few lists on threads like these.

now i have severe tinnitus and also dont care as much about music anymore. what i am into now is classical, 20th century stuff. i went to see a performance of messiaens pour le regarde sur l'efant jesus recently. a couple in the row in front where horrified, the lady walked out and the man stayed but shook his head in confused disgust every few minutes. i am sure they were expecting some sort of classic fm xmas lite music. i got off on seeing them get freaked out.

i can handle classical better but everything else just hurts the brain.

i don't really care about music like i used to, since what i am focused on now is reading. to get through the work day i will blast some opeth, pavement, tool, general old alt stuff from my younger days. for a while i was heavily into vaporwave and i tried talking about it on here but noone was that interested. i was also very heavily into black metal for years but don't care about it so much anymore.

what burnt me out of music was not just hearing everything and getting bored grinding against the dull limits of it, but never having any other human beings into the same shit as me. i mean, i know that probably noone else in my entire small country heard hairdryer peace before me. i ordered that lp before its release. i got very tired of my friends despising anything i was into, not understanding it and never being aware of it. also there was zero music scene were i lived and so i was a person into shit too weird for even the weird people in places like ny or sf nevermind a small irish town.

i basically gave myself tinnitus trying to live inside my headfones and desperately reaching into the music which could never satisfy me.

i am so bored and burnt out on alt/weird/indie/electronica stuff, like you are. that doesn't mean i think it's all bad. there are other people on here who you should look to for recommendations in those categories but i don't have the interest like i used to. kinda sad but it is what it is. tinnitus is perpetual hell and unless it goes away i don't want to make it worse with treble and noise. my brain is already scrambled enough. i can barely handle continuing to live at the moment so music is not a priority. what i want above all else, other than death, is SLEEP and SILENCE which i cant fucking get due to my ill health.

i went from a weirder than weird alt noise guy into a sensible jumper wearing snobby quiet bourgeois weirdo. i like weird and discordant modernist classical music now and that's probably all i'll ever care about.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2016, 10:35 AM   #25
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
my bad, i didnt mean to say everyone on the board werent inclined toward adventurism in music tastes. i meant the dude that said all music was the same. i am inebriated.

i have heard probably 5 kanye songs. each was as boring and vacuous as any other contemporary hip hop, and the lyrics were sophomoric. but hearing him was preceded by knowing he's borderline. (asshole, god complex, cyclically psychotic) so maybe it made for some bias.

5 songs isn't enough to judge an artist who's released 9 albums and something like 150 tracks.

Admittedly, he has had a bunch of no. 1 albums and singles, and is probably one of the most well known artists of the past 20 years, so there's definitely some mainstreamness to what he does. But honestly I think he's more sonically varied and interesting than most "underground" artists. A lot of what he does isn't even rap. You should listen to more before you judge.

But honestly I don't care how you feel about Kanye. I was just mad that you seemed to be calling me musically unadventurous. I spend more time and money on music than just about anything else. Previous years I've had to narrow down lists to top 100. Just my top ten (such as it is) contains several different genres, and exactly zero "mainstream hip-hop albums," as far as I'm concerned.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2016, 10:47 AM   #26
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
what kanye would you recommend i try?

bound 2 made me want to stab my eyeballs
Old 12.25.2016, 11:07 AM   #27
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
across the years in my different user names i used to post A LOT about music, a shitload. all the time.

i made a few lists on threads like these.

now i have severe tinnitus and also dont care as much about music anymore. what i am into now is classical, 20th century stuff. i went to see a performance of messiaens pour le regarde sur l'efant jesus recently. a couple in the row in front where horrified, the lady walked out and the man stayed but shook his head in confused disgust every few minutes. i am sure they were expecting some sort of classic fm xmas lite music. i got off on seeing them get freaked out.

i can handle classical better but everything else just hurts the brain.

i don't really care about music like i used to, since what i am focused on now is reading. to get through the work day i will blast some opeth, pavement, tool, general old alt stuff from my younger days. for a while i was heavily into vaporwave and i tried talking about it on here but noone was that interested. i was also very heavily into black metal for years but don't care about it so much anymore.

what burnt me out of music was not just hearing everything and getting bored grinding against the dull limits of it, but never having any other human beings into the same shit as me. i mean, i know that probably noone else in my entire small country heard hairdryer peace before me. i ordered that lp before its release. i got very tired of my friends despising anything i was into, not understanding it and never being aware of it. also there was zero music scene were i lived and so i was a person into shit too weird for even the weird people in places like ny or sf nevermind a small irish town.

i basically gave myself tinnitus trying to live inside my headfones and desperately reaching into the music which could never satisfy me.

i am so bored and burnt out on alt/weird/indie/electronica stuff, like you are. that doesn't mean i think it's all bad. there are other people on here who you should look to for recommendations in those categories but i don't have the interest like i used to. kinda sad but it is what it is. tinnitus is perpetual hell and unless it goes away i don't want to make it worse with treble and noise. my brain is already scrambled enough. i can barely handle continuing to live at the moment so music is not a priority. what i want above all else, other than death, is SLEEP and SILENCE which i cant fucking get due to my ill health.

i went from a weirder than weird alt noise guy into a sensible jumper wearing snobby quiet bourgeois weirdo. i like weird and discordant modernist classical music now and that's probably all i'll ever care about.

I'm not sure who you're actually talking to, but I'm developing tinitus as well. I think it's been developing for about 10 years actually. Since around the age of 15, I made a point of going to as many concerts as possible. Local punk shows, regional bands from any place I visited, festivals, raves, blah blah. I went through a hardcore phase where I saw Botch something like 30 times, and tons of other basement-hopping louder as fuck bands. I think I used to gain part of my sense of self worth from my breadth of musical knowledge and the diversity of my tastes, which is sad as hell now. But for a while, many years actually, it was extremely hard for me to say "no" to a show.

Kicked into overdrive when I was an undergrad. I don't think I went a week without going to a show, even if it was just a house performance by a nothing band. I also played in four or five bands in those years, and I was of course way too "punk" (read: short-sighted and full of shit) to wear any kind of ear protection.

Now, and the for past few years, I have noticeable hearing loss and strange cut-outs in my hearing. But regarding tinnitus specifically, I hear a ghastly sound like a burst pipe slowly spewing gass a couple times a day. It gets louder and louder until it gets disorienting, then it usually subsides, but sometimes reduces into a dull hissing for the rest of the day.

I also hear ringing in my ears at random intervals throughout the day. It's scary as hell, mostly because music has always been my one true escape. If my hearing is permanently damaged to the point where I can no longer use headphones or go to shows, it will be like losing a limb. I swear. I guess there's always reading, which is the only passion I have that is equal at times to music, but my eyes are already super fucked up (in addition to needing glasses for basic vision corrections, I also have a musculature problem (esophoria and strabismus,) that requires me to need harsh prism lenses in rise to see correctly and safely) and will have to have surgery at some point to avoid legal blindness because of the rate at which the issue is worsening. SO as a substitute, reading isn't a sure thing.

How did you learn about your tinitus and how to manage it? I had my ears checked recently and I have a lot of scar tissue from inner ear infections which is making anything better, but the doctor didn't really say any thing about how to address the ringing/hissing, other than to "avoid loud music and concerts." Which -- well... fuck... I'm not ready for that shit.

Hey look, now you know a bunch of random shit about me and the degenerative toll that age and stupidity have taken on my body! Merry Christmas!!
Old 12.25.2016, 11:28 AM   #28
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i was responding to pepper on the last page.

there is no cure for tinnitus yet, but there is a lot of money and research being pumped into it, those in the know say we can expect one in the next few years (possibly involving stem cells).

but the important thing for you, is for the love of god to stop loudness NOW.

i could link to an article about a uk man who murdered his family then ran into traffic because he had been driven mad by tinnitus. people will kill themselves.

it IS potentially that bad. people can have it for decades until they die.

i was the same as you, only caring about music and having an identity wrapped up in it. i blasted headfones loud for many years, gradually the loudness started to feel 'wrong' and the cymbals and vocals were drowning out the guitars, so i kept hitting it louder to try and recapture this lost sensation i had from the music. eventually this developed into aftershocks from the sound which got worse and worse. now i have permanent tinnitus. i am kidding myself by saying i can enjoy any music now apart from very very quiet stuff at very low volumes and even then, only when i can briefly forget the ringing that is ruining it.

you obviously have the onset of it. there are many different types of sounds people hear and yours is one i read a lot of others have on tinnitus boards. you WILL eventually get some sort of permanent tinnitus unless you stop. i didn't. if you were me, you'd stop all the loudness immeadiately. find a volume level that is about as low as you can go without losing too much of the texture of the music then go 2 steps lower and just stay there. try and cut out headfones completey and just use speakers kept at a reasonable distance from yourself at a low volume. i just wouldn't go to any shows at all if i were you. i know you don't want to hear this but believe me, it's going to get worse unless you can put a stop to it.

for a lot of people, tinnitus will eventually cure itself, seemingly at random. you might have 5 years of hell then it will just dissappear. for most others, it will go on until either you die or science cures it. there are endlessly alleys of alternative cures and treatments you can throw money at. you can pay 1000's to clinics who will give you white noise therapy and other such scams. a lot of people try to deduce the frequency of their tinnitus then listen to white noise or pulse noise on youtube to try and fix it. you don't want to have to go down this exhaustive road. do not expect a cure because one just doesn't exist yet, but there is an unlimited supply of people who want your money.

some people seem to be cured by ginkgo biloba but ONLY a specific type of it from a german pharmacy because apparently 99% of the stuff out there sold as it is literally just pills made of nothing.

the thing is, you've obviously got it already but it's going to get worse. if you can imagine what you have now only PERMANENTLY, as in from before you wake until after you fall asleep, that is what is in store for you. and you will notice it get slowly worse and worse until one day it becomes permanent. then you will hate yourself and never enjoy music again.
Old 12.25.2016, 11:45 AM   #29
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
what kanye would you recommend i try?

bound 2 made me want to stab my eyeballs

Hah. Well, that's weird because I love that song and so does pretty much everyone else (critics, supposed authorities on the matter, Kanye fans).

Aaaanyway, it depends on what you're into. Are you into hip-hop at all? If you're into hip-hop, what Kanye I recommend will be based on what kind of hip-hop you're into. If you like lyrical backpack shit like Talib Kweli, Mos Def (or Mos Def and Talib Kweli as Blackstar for that matter), I'd recommend his output from 2004-2007.
If you're into bangers, and hip-hop with a dancehall edge, industrial elements and raga-influenced vocal sample, there's some specific tracks that I'd recommend.
If you're into sprawling productions, or dark, epic hip-hop, there's an album for that.
If you're into weirder-the-better, then that's another conversation entirely and there's so much to recommend that we should probably do this over pm.

But really the takeaway here, and the big headline about Kanye's music that I'm always trying to get across to people, is that it spans such a wide and diverse world of sounds that it's unfair and inaccurate to even describe it simply as "hip-hop." He has music that sounds like traditional soulful good kid conscious hip-hop, sure, but he also has minimal synth pop, industrial, music that has more in common with electronic genres than anything else. He has crooning ballads and droning dirges, he's blended m hip-hop and no wave, resulting in something that Sonic Youth fans should by all rights enjoy or at least appreciate.

So... tell me what you're into. If you don't like "Bound 2" that's ok, because "Bound 2" is the only song that sounds like "Bound 2."

Not promosing you'll love any of it, but if you give it a shot you'll understand that it's not accurate to call it "mainstream," or to act like it sounds like anything else. Some of it is definitely mainstream, most of it's hip-hop, but fuck man... it's genuinely interesting and very adventurous. And this is coming from a guy who built his world around Sonic Youth, Aphex Twin, Unwound, Tom Waits, Beefheart and Lou Reed. I value interesting music. I value the weird. Boring music is terrible.
Old 12.25.2016, 11:53 AM   #30
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.albumoftheyear.org/lists.php

Wire's list
http://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/6...eases-of-2016/

Old 12.25.2016, 12:59 PM   #31
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
i was responding to pepper on the last page.

there is no cure for tinnitus yet, but there is a lot of money and research being pumped into it, those in the know say we can expect one in the next few years (possibly involving stem cells).

but the important thing for you, is for the love of god to stop loudness NOW.

i could link to an article about a uk man who murdered his family then ran into traffic because he had been driven mad by tinnitus. people will kill themselves.

it IS potentially that bad. people can have it for decades until they die.

i was the same as you, only caring about music and having an identity wrapped up in it. i blasted headfones loud for many years, gradually the loudness started to feel 'wrong' and the cymbals and vocals were drowning out the guitars, so i kept hitting it louder to try and recapture this lost sensation i had from the music. eventually this developed into aftershocks from the sound which got worse and worse. now i have permanent tinnitus. i am kidding myself by saying i can enjoy any music now apart from very very quiet stuff at very low volumes and even then, only when i can briefly forget the ringing that is ruining it.

you obviously have the onset of it. there are many different types of sounds people hear and yours is one i read a lot of others have on tinnitus boards. you WILL eventually get some sort of permanent tinnitus unless you stop. i didn't. if you were me, you'd stop all the loudness immeadiately. find a volume level that is about as low as you can go without losing too much of the texture of the music then go 2 steps lower and just stay there. try and cut out headfones completey and just use speakers kept at a reasonable distance from yourself at a low volume. i just wouldn't go to any shows at all if i were you. i know you don't want to hear this but believe me, it's going to get worse unless you can put a stop to it.

for a lot of people, tinnitus will eventually cure itself, seemingly at random. you might have 5 years of hell then it will just dissappear. for most others, it will go on until either you die or science cures it. there are endlessly alleys of alternative cures and treatments you can throw money at. you can pay 1000's to clinics who will give you white noise therapy and other such scams. a lot of people try to deduce the frequency of their tinnitus then listen to white noise or pulse noise on youtube to try and fix it. you don't want to have to go down this exhaustive road. do not expect a cure because one just doesn't exist yet, but there is an unlimited supply of people who want your money.

some people seem to be cured by ginkgo biloba but ONLY a specific type of it from a german pharmacy because apparently 99% of the stuff out there sold as it is literally just pills made of nothing.

the thing is, you've obviously got it already but it's going to get worse. if you can imagine what you have now only PERMANENTLY, as in from before you wake until after you fall asleep, that is what is in store for you. and you will notice it get slowly worse and worse until one day it becomes permanent. then you will hate yourself and never enjoy music again.

Jesus fucking Christ man! Merry goddamn Christmas to you too! Sheesh.

Seriously though, that's absolutely terrifying, but I appreciate your candor (if indeed you're not just fucking with me). The otolaryngologist I saw didn't put it this way. Made it seem like more of a "something to keep in the back of your mind" kind of thing. Didn't mention going mad or being in a state of constant misery of anything like that.

Jesus though. I already struggle with anxiety and over-reacting to responding to things that happen in my body. When I get that "hissing" sensation, it sometimes gives me a straight-up panic attack because it feels like I'm losing my grip on reality. It's a very disconcerting feeling. At first I would flip out and ask my girlfriend, "what is that? What's that sound?" and she'd just stare at me. Now I know it's my ears and it will pass, but it still makes my heart race.

I wonder if I shouldn't consider getting some prescription sedatives or something ... like, real ones.
Old 12.25.2016, 01:17 PM   #32
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

i am being totally straight with you severian. and i encourage you to do your own research on it.

i wish you well bro. at least try and keep the volume down to a sensible level.
Old 12.25.2016, 02:01 PM   #33
Severian
invito al cielo

Wow. AOTY.com is like crack for a list addict like me. Wire has a damn good list. I forgot about Oren Ambarchi's amazing album when I was doing mine (and a few others, goddamnit).
Old 12.25.2016, 02:16 PM   #34
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
i am being totally straight with you severian. and i encourage you to do your own research on it.

i wish you well bro. at least try and keep the volume down to a sensible level.

Shit. Jesus. You know, I've thought about it before and decided that I'd rather lose a hand or foot than my ability to hear (or see), because that's just how important music (and reading) are to me.

I will do some research and I've already toned down my concert going significantly. In the late '90s/early '00s I averaged about 40 shows a year; sometimes way more, rarely less. Last few years it's been 10-15. This year I had a really hard time at a few of the shows (like Kanye... fuck, that was louder than hell) and apart from seeing the Flaming Lips for the umpeenth time in 2017, I have nothing on the docket.

God I was stupid when I was younger. I broke a piece of my tooth on a microphone at a show once and didn't get it taken care of because punk rock blah blah. Now I'm going to have to get it capped because it's dangerous to have the inside of a tooth exposed like that. It will probably cost a couple thousand. Oh, and I fucked up my hand at a concert when things got rowdy. Little guy went through about 4 inches of glass. Permanent damage, that. A chunk of bone came right off my knuckle (still looks weird to this day), broke my wrist and two fingers, severed two tendons, had to have reconstructive surgery and a year of physical therapy. Tons of fun. Physical therapist said "No guitar for (x) months!" and I was LITERALLY playing the next day. Fucked my entire physical therapy schedule, and now I have chronic pain, limited function, bursitis all the way up my arm to my shoulder and I'm stiff as hell.

Now the ears.

If I could meet young me, I'd kick the the living shit out of him.
Old 12.25.2016, 02:48 PM   #35
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wow. AOTY.com is like crack for a list addict like me. Wire has a damn good list. I forgot about Oren Ambarchi's amazing album when I was doing mine (and a few others, goddamnit).

check the Worst Album list
http://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/worst/2016/

Old 12.25.2016, 02:51 PM   #36
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

hey severian i'm just glad that you can recognize the risk, take care man. you really want to preserve your hearing at this point, because you don't want to face a future where you get old without it.

i wish you the best, i think taking precaution is very sensible.
Old 12.25.2016, 03:07 PM   #37
greenlight
invito al cielo

I was working in hearing aid audiology field for a few months. I am glad I do not have tinnitus (after all them loud gigs I have attended), it is real pain in the arse for people experiencing it. seen a lot of them coming into the shop going nuts. there's plenty causes for tinnitus though. sudden hearing loss was another sympton I have seen and was like wtf is that...

Old 12.25.2016, 04:02 PM   #38
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
I was happy to see some old names back in the action like Underworld, Roisin Murphy, MIA, Autechre, Locust, Brian Eno, Pantha Du Prince, Dinosaur Jr., even though I was not bother to listen to any of them albums yet.

Well I haven't listened to the new MIA yet either. But FUCK you have to listen to the new Pantha Du Prince.

I didn't even know there was a new Locust.
Old 12.25.2016, 04:07 PM   #39
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight

Aaahahaha!! Nice. But it's weird that Gwen Stefani is on this "worst" list and also turned up on a lot of the best ones. Not that I think the album is probably anything other than shit. Still.

Haha Wiz Khalifa and Blink 182.

Drake belongs on that list.
Old 12.25.2016, 05:53 PM   #40
d.sound
the destroyed room

re: kanye

weirder the better.

hip hoppy i like:
dose one / themselves / subtle / clouddead
missy elliot
dr octogon
deltron 3030
dr dre's the chronic
public enemy
some beastie
stankonia