Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Official Perth DDN thread 23/02/08 - plus media
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.23.2008, 11:30 AM   #1
su x*
bad moon rising

su x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's asses
well, if anyone wants a description of the event,
beck's music box - with a concert area the size of an average small car, and a crowd so lame it made the crowds from wiggles concerts look violent

the preface was not one of the best

but then they came on stage
forget the pissy crowd, it let you be 2m from kim and thurston
and was it awesome

ended with thurston's pick and lee shook my hand

some really crap media to follow
su x* is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 08:26 PM   #2
dressedindreams
bad moon rising

dressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant future
what was the encore?
dressedindreams is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2008, 01:12 AM   #3
su x*
bad moon rising

su x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's asses
as promised

AND THE (aweful) VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH3O0LcBbEI
Old 02.24.2008, 06:14 AM   #4
su x*
bad moon rising

Encores:

reena
incenerate
what a waste
pink steam
jams run free

(should be correct now)
Old 02.24.2008, 08:17 AM   #5
Retro Spectre
empty page

Retro Spectre has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedindreams
what was the encore?

Encore 1:
Incinerate
Reena
Jams Run Free

Encore 2:
Pink Steam

I got one of the setlists.

-Retro Spectre
Retro Spectre is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2008, 06:39 PM   #6
greymatter_24
empty page

greymatter_24 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Wasn't the encore Incinerate, Reena, Jams Run Free, and Pink Steam?
greymatter_24 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2008, 06:56 PM   #7
pecking order
empty page

pecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by su x*
well, if anyone wants a description of the event,
beck's music box - with a concert area the size of an average small car, and a crowd so lame it made the crowds from wiggles concerts look violent

the preface was not one of the best

but then they came on stage
forget the pissy crowd, it let you be 2m from kim and thurston
and was it awesome

ended with thurston's pick and lee shook my hand

some really crap media to follow

Yeah agree with you there su x, not an ideal crowd to motivate SY.
I heard a few negatives throughout the night, which I thought those folks should have stayed home and played twiddly winks. Some punters even found time to send txt's back and forth, who has time or want to do that at a SY gig....

Stuff the knockers, my mate and myself enjoyed ourselves immensely, a great night. I met Steve afterwards, had a brief chat and a photo .
pecking order is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2008, 09:03 PM   #8
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i take it noone seen me and my gf on the big sea container to the left of the stage
Old 02.26.2008, 01:07 AM   #9
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I did
Old 02.26.2008, 06:09 AM   #10
su x*
bad moon rising

nah, i didnt see you there alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecking order
Yeah agree with you there su x, not an ideal crowd to motivate SY.
I heard a few negatives throughout the night, which I thought those folks should have stayed home and played twiddly winks. Some punters even found time to send txt's back and forth, who has time or want to do that at a SY gig....

Stuff the knockers, my mate and myself enjoyed ourselves immensely, a great night. I met Steve afterwards, had a brief chat and a photo .
ahah that couldve been me sending details of the stamp
where were you standing?

you met steve? how?
more details please xP

and yeah, i thought that night was so awesome, i wanna see them again
Old 02.26.2008, 10:17 AM   #11
Retro Spectre
empty page

Thurston 1:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs28/f/20...pstarpilot.jpg

Thurston 2:
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs29/f/20...pstarpilot.jpg

My photos of Lee and Kim weren't that great and where I was I could'nt really see Steve.

And according to the setlist I caught at the end of the night the encore was:

Incinerate
Reena
Jams (the list says Jams but I assume it's "Jams Run Free",but I haven't heard much of the stuff of Rather Ripped)
Pink Steam

-Retro Spectre
Old 02.26.2008, 10:19 AM   #12
Retro Spectre
empty page

Loved every minute of it.

Can't comment on the state of the crowd since I was literally at the front.

-Retro Spectre
Old 02.26.2008, 10:23 AM   #13
Retro Spectre
empty page

I keep trying to post photos and the setlist and the board keeps on eating my posts.

-Retro Spectre
Old 02.26.2008, 06:28 PM   #14
pecking order
empty page

pecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's assespecking order kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

ahah that couldve been me sending details of the stamp
where were you standing?

you met steve? how?
more details please xP

and yeah, i thought that night was so awesome, i wanna see them again

Nah two young ladies standing next to me, txting all night...

I was standing back a bit in the crowd. How things have changed over time.

After the show had finished and the crowd had disappeared, my mate and I decide to grab another Becks and drink it up the front when the DJ started. We a had a BIG night out without the Wifes and Kids. While I was waiting for my beer, I noticed Steve was packing his kit away on the stage. A girl next to me called him for his autograph. So while Steve was next to me, I said g'day and we had a brief chat, I also mentioned we share the same birth date. As he was about to leave to continue with his packing, I asked for a photo with him, he was more than happy to do it.

A bit later on as we were leaving, I saw him again and said catch you soon, shook his hand and I left. I was pretty pleased with myself, as meeting Steve topped of a great night. I felt like a teenager again.
pecking order is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 02:26 AM   #15
su x*
bad moon rising

nice

apart from a kid (?) i was prob the youngest there
so i felt old
Old 02.27.2008, 02:55 AM   #16
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
did anyone jump on stage or was the crowd to indie and artsy to have fun?
Old 02.27.2008, 03:01 AM   #17
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
They were artsy fartsy Anal.
Old 02.27.2008, 05:59 AM   #18
su x*
bad moon rising

if everyone of my posts abusing the crowd didnt work, let me explain with this

i typed bookshop crowd into google

pretty much everyone standing there (for all i could see, i was second row)
nodding their heads along...

i considered jumping on stage, but
1. my mum was there xD
2. what was i supposed to do? the arty fartsy didnt seem like good catchers at all. also, i would seem like a tryhard in the eyes of the artsy
Old 02.27.2008, 09:28 AM   #19
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

gah how frustrating
i was the only one dancing and i wasnt even inside the gig :P
it frustrates me how we have such a cool band like sonic yet the peope there are boring and the security is so tight that i cant even lean uncomfortably on a fence 100 meters away surrounded by bins to get a glimpse of the band
Old 02.27.2008, 11:43 AM   #20
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
if everyone of my posts abusing the crowd didnt work, let me explain with this

i typed bookshop crowd into google

pretty much everyone standing there (for all i could see, i was second row)
nodding their heads along...

i considered jumping on stage, but
1. my mum was there xD
2. what was i supposed to do? the arty fartsy didnt seem like good catchers at all. also, i would seem like a tryhard in the eyes of the artsy

See I knew it.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth