Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2014, 12:30 PM   #5681
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Agree about the streams. They're pretty much unwatchable. Maybe there's a free highlights show on a regular station. Either that or a sports bar - although I imagine the appeal of those depends a lot on if you like buffalo wings.

AOB: Anyone watching the Ryder Cup?

I'm at psychedelic fest tomorrow and Saturday, but I should hopefully get the last day's 'action' in.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2014, 01:03 PM   #5682
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I dont waste my money at bars, drinking with friends watching the game at home or somebody's house is so much cheaper. For half the price we're cooking better food, drinking more great beer, and have a bigger crowd cuz not everybody can make it too the bar. Now somebody's wife usually gets pissed off but they get even MORE pissed off when we go to bars so fuck em if they dont like us.taking over the house

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2014, 06:36 PM   #5683
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's not so much about buffalo wings (i love good ones, loathe bad ones), it's about the economics of bar food. after spending $50 in shit food i end up thinking i could have bought some nice steaks and wine to go with it for the same money-- and then, adding week after week, satellite tv would end up cheaper/faster/easier.

i'll try to catch that meyser…serserser derby this weekend though. sounds like a lot of fun.

i had to google that. golf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLW1Kh6Tf_Y

I was never big on golf but started watching a few opens last year. Wouldn't say I'm hooked or anything but it's good stuff. And lovely scenery.

Almost as far off topic but the Dolphins come to London this weekend. I was in Regent Street today and they've lined it with banners. Dolphins v Raiders. Kind of wish I'd got tickets.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2014, 07:19 PM   #5684
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Its too bad every year we send shit teams to London, y'all deserve an epic Ravens-Steelers game or even better a Niners-Seahawks brawl.. At the least send Tom Brady's bitch ass over there or something! A great Falcons-Saints rivalry?? I know, send Manning Broncos and Brady's Patriots and y'all can have the fanboy hyped game of London history!

More on rivalries... last night the Dodgers clinched their division by beating the hated Giants IN Los Angeles. Not only have we been beefing with them since 1883 (!!!) and that BOTH teams ONLY MOVED to California so they could remain in the same division to continue the rivalry.. but this game was a chance for the Giants to clinch a Wild Card playoff berth.. So not only did we steal the division from those bastards, we hurt their own chances of making the playoffs..

Now THAT is a rivalry with SUBSTANCE, with something actually on the table to lose..

Speaking of which, tonight the New York Giants play the Washington R*****S on Thursday Night Football.. The winner goes 2-2 and has a solid chance at competing for the division with the Phillie Eagles, the loser goes 1-3 in that division and has less than 9% chance of even making the playoffs even with TWELVE more games left to play.. so literally only a quarter into the season and either the Giants or the R******s have a critical chance to thwart a nemesis rival while solidly advancing their own chances

Old 09.27.2014, 09:27 AM   #5685
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
tuned it at almost halftime to see schalke 2- dortmund 1.

fun fun fun

--
ps - score remained the same but what a fun game!

noticed that liverpool/everton played while i was sleeping….
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2014, 01:17 PM   #5686
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Saw a few minutes of the everton-liverpool derby this morning before heading out to Churdch.. meh! The game was good but like I said with nothing really on the table to lose but pride and bragging rights whats the big deal? If my Ravens lose a big game to the Steelers, YEAH IM FUCKING PISSED, and yeah, ill hear some shit about it on monday BUT my own consolation as a ravens fan, indeed my loud retort to any motherfucker talking shit is, "so what? We can still make to playoffs yo!"

Old 09.27.2014, 01:17 PM   #5687
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Saw a few minutes of the everton-liverpool derby this morning before heading out to Churdch.. meh! The game was good but like I said with nothing really on the table to lose but pride and bragging rights whats the big deal? If my Ravens lose a big game to the Steelers, YEAH IM FUCKING PISSED, and yeah, ill hear some shit about it on monday BUT my own consolation as a ravens fan, indeed my loud retort to any motherfucker talking shit is, "so what? We can still make to playoffs yo!"

Old 09.27.2014, 01:45 PM   #5688
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It wasn't a great game but you make it sound like neither team was playing for anything besides bragging rights. Neither of them have started the season well and desperately need to get back on track. Today's result won't make or break either of their seasons but both needed a win not just for the points but for the confidence boost.

And Jagielka's goal was brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoDXwcFYiUk
Old 09.27.2014, 01:58 PM   #5689
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Today's result won't make or break either of their seasons
but that is my whole point, on thursday the washington r*******s lost A SINGLE game to the Giants that very likely and literally cost them their entire season even with 3/4 to go! Conversely that single win may have saved their nemesis rival the New York Giants' season! Isnt THAT an intense rivalry? Where just one game against your rival can break not just your spirits but you odds too?

Old 09.27.2014, 02:20 PM   #5690
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
If my Ravens lose a big game to the Steelers

you still on with that?? sheeesh! i haven't missed much

Quote:

beautiful!

trying to find you the schalke/dortmund highlights but that would be a huge reduction because they both played 100% all 94 minutes (well i only caught it from the end of the 1st half ha ha ha. but seriously.)

http://hoofoot.com/?match=Schalke_04...und_2014_09_27
Old 09.27.2014, 06:16 PM   #5691
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Yes but it was in the context of that everton liverpool match you slept through

Old 09.27.2014, 07:44 PM   #5692
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yes but it was in the context of that everton liverpool match you slept through
645am on a Saturday? I'll watch a replay later!

Anyway let's talk futbol man. Dish doesn't get goltv but the bundesliga rules!

Today's Ruhr derby (yes that's a real thing) kicked ass!

Also a warning to CL opponents that Schalke is shaping the fuck up under new management!
Old 09.27.2014, 09:11 PM   #5693
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
645am on a Saturday?

Lucky you, I was watching the beginning of the second half.. around 545AM before heading out to Mass

Old 09.28.2014, 07:14 AM   #5694
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It wasn't a great game but you make it sound like neither team was playing for anything besides bragging rights. Neither of them have started the season well and desperately need to get back on track. Today's result won't make or break either of their seasons but both needed a win not just for the points but for the confidence boost.

I watched that game in Liverpool in a pub full of reds. Yeah I'm a masochist. At around the 89th minute I was contemplating leaving and drinking the day away. So glad I didn't.

It had to be fucking Gerrard with his stupid full head of hair to score too.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2014, 12:26 PM   #5695
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Everyone please check today's goal by Lucas Piazon for Frankfurt vs Hamburg--amazing! Not sure clips are up yet but they should be soon!

--

ps

https://vine.co/v/OZUz0DrXDIz
Old 09.28.2014, 01:43 PM   #5696
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Bloody hell!! Looked like it was heading for row z until it dipped. Bet the goalie thought so too.
Old 09.28.2014, 01:47 PM   #5697
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
It had to be fucking Gerrard with his stupid full head of hair to score too.

I do love Gerrard but he's broken my heart more times than I want to remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD80XYD1FvU
Old 09.28.2014, 02:14 PM   #5698
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Bloody hell!! Looked like it was heading for row z until it dipped. Bet the goalie thought so too.

yes. he sort of motioned towards it but didn't really go and them bam! you can see better from other camera angles. a perfect shot. piazon is a chelsea loaner by the way.

it was sad for hamburg because they had dominated the second half after scoring their first goal *of the season* to even the score (frankfurt scored in the first half). piazon's last-minute goal came then as a total shocker. and so with this loss hamburg now sits firmly at the bottom of the table.
Old 09.28.2014, 03:11 PM   #5699
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Demonrail.. to bad you didnt get those tickets, dolphins destroyed the poor raiders

Old 09.28.2014, 03:57 PM   #5700
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I know! Ever so slightly gutted I didn't go. It wasn't even sold out so I could've just gone up to Wembley and got a ticket there.

Although it was probably a bad choice of teams in terms of the NFL now, the Dolphins and the Raiders have quite a big cult support here among those who got into it in the 80s when it was first shown on uk tv. Although the Raiders then were obviously in LA rather than Oakland. I used to watch it with a friend from school. He was into the Raiders and I liked the Dolphins. We got really passionate about it even though neither of us had much of a clue about either team. Good times.
235275282283284 285 286287288295335385 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth