Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page the most underrated album of the 2010?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.31.2010, 12:10 PM   #61
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
yfoc is nowhere near as good as real new/country on the click. nor unutterable. it is better than reformation which is shit, and slightly better than iws. its better than fall heads roll but yfoc is ruined by HIS LAZINESS. he couldnt be bothered to record the vocals properly. its just lazy and theres no excuse for it. there are early live versions of all the songs that have complete lyrics that arent just "GLRUBULSLURBLAH HUP!".

if yfoc had its vox redone then it still wouldnt be as good as real new/country on the click for the simple fact that it has no contraflow.

noone gets that country on the click/real new is the best 00's fall album. it has contraflow. this alone makes it better than anything else. contraflow, mountrain energi, susan vs. youthclub and sparta. cant fuck with that. the rest of the album has its moments. none of the songs are bad or irritating unlike every other fall 00's album. the other songs may not be classics but they aren't annoying pieces of crap like most of fall heads roll/every song on reformation except over over and fall sound.

contraflow is unfuckwithable. unutterable is also impossible to fuck with. it has way round/2 librans/ketamine sun. however some of the other songs on unutterable are a bit crap and sound half done.

rur missing winner is just a lazy speed/booze/lols piece of crap done for cash. it is still loveable tho. until you've heard the unreleased secret version of ibris afro man with 20 minutes of extra monkey noises you aren't true fall fan.

if mes makes it to 2020 and can still pull off albums as good as yfoc he will be king of all.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2010, 12:59 PM   #62
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
this is the song of the year from the most underrated album of the year

fukyaers
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2010, 10:58 PM   #63
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
here's an old giggle the ozone video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0y3IHSIRaQ

i think their myspace has some of the new songs, just an incredible band.

I wonder if assacre released a new album in 2010.. absolutely amazing band too.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2011, 01:00 AM   #64
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

tcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
here's an old giggle the ozone video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0y3IHSIRaQ

i think their myspace has some of the new songs, just an incredible band.

Charge could end up being my favorite album from last year, it's fckin amazing. So glad I bought it, I thought Expo Nexus was the latest when I got it. As soon as I found out about Charge shortly after playing EN non-stop I desperately wanted then bought it.

Seriously check out Giggle the Ozone if you have not. An unofficial page has the full album up, as well as EN in full I think, found that out today when I assumed Dylan's page would be mspace SLASH giggletheozone - the official is GTOzone...http://www.myspace.com/giggletheozone/music. You should buy these albums if you enjoy it. CDBaby
tcpotbntmy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2011, 02:08 AM   #65
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

tcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's asses
cleric - regressions,
extra life - made flesh,
nocando - jimmy the lock
Old 02.17.2011, 03:53 AM   #66
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Esham - Suspended Animation: My favorite album of the year, and absolutely no one outside of this area seemed to care at all. The production was so neat on this, and with the near 40 song tracklist... there's a whole lot of to love about this album if you're a hip-hop fan. It certainly wasn't Closed Casket, or KKKill the Fetus - but damn, did it get the job done.

Bardo Pond - Bardo Pond: This album is beautiful, on-par with Lapsed for sure. It may not be as distorted and fuzzed out, but it has an intricate droned out haze all it's own. I don't think anyone was raving about this one too much, which is a shame. Probably my true 2nd favorite release of the year, it's really grown on me since we all made our lists.

UUUUUU - Astral Travels: This is my 3rd favorite release of the year. Kinda funny how this post includes all 3 of my favorite 2010 releases... that wasn't a concious decision, they're all just pretty underrated.

Of course we all know how great this one is... but it certainly hasn't hit the audience it deserves yet. This album is so calming to me, I use it to meditate, or to deal with my anxiety - works like a charm every time. More than just your average ambience album, Derek really created something special here.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2011, 04:01 AM   #67
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah... and Penny Sparkle sucked ass! EVEN LAMER THAN 23! I think they were brilliant from their S/T all the way to Misery is a Butterfly. But the last two were torturous to sit through even once. So bad, that I will no longer be following their careers whatsoever. Just my hipster garbage opinion though.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2011, 02:31 AM   #68
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Finally, gotta give special mention to post-pop (aka Tokyo Virginity Pop) band アーバンギャルド (URBANGARDE) and their new album 少女の証明 .. no idea how to pronounce it but it rules.

Shōjo no shōmei - :]
Old 03.23.2011, 03:21 AM   #69
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

I don't know just how popular Urbangarde are in Japan but this is easily one of my favorite albums from last year.
Old 03.24.2011, 06:03 PM   #70
super_charger
bad moon rising

super_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's asses
Great albums I heard almost nothing about were:

Surf City - Kudos
The Ex - Catch My Shoe
The Megaphonic Thrift - Decay Decoy
super_charger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth