Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Breaking Bad
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.19.2013, 01:38 AM   #61
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
perhaps him grabbing the baby was about being close to absolute purity; if only for few seconds, the moment he has her in his arms before he gets in the car.

in the phone-call he made to his wife, he tried to clear her from all story and say goodbye to her. flynn was clueless (lol) so he wont be in any trouble.

(dunno why i bother).
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2013, 10:37 AM   #62
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.testspiel.de/das-sonic-yo...-shirt/266659/
http://society6.com/carolinwalch/BRE...irt#11=49&4=16

I like the first one better.
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2013, 11:17 AM   #63
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
that is fucking cool.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2013, 08:48 PM   #64
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
didn't see that coming...
Old 09.22.2013, 09:16 PM   #65
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

walt retreating to a lonely home with lots of money taking injections near death and drinking ensure - this is channelling layne staley.

bleak and desolate picture of capitalism. "if i said yes would you believe me?" walt is reduced to asking for help, but there are no bonds in this world stronger than money. this show has no illusions about the world. its just the people in it that have them. really brilliantly done.

in the end if walt can't get the money to his family and will soon be dead, it was all for nothing.

his son rejects him, his former business partners denigrate him. now he's got nothing to lose and is going to go on some sort of rampage.

classic american tv.
Old 09.23.2013, 12:53 AM   #66
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i'm going to have a hard time accepting it has ended after it actually does. meanwhile, i'm in denial. hank dead, saul gone, jesse caged, walt in cancer death row, and i'm still dreaming a lot is going to happen, enough for many seasons.

good character, the vacuum guy. and potato face nazi, great show today-- the creepy spooky way that he's so nice and a cold blooded killer at the same time. jesse remains, as always, an unmitigated, unredeemable fuckup.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2013, 01:04 AM   #67
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Andrea right? i felt sick. something this show never fails to do.

does anyone else think Todd looks like a goofy Matt Damon?

he looks like a potato

he was in friday night lights and played a really nice guy

todd! i never remember his character name. i'm terrible with names.

potato face.

and yes, a mutant matt damon. his radioactive child.
Old 09.23.2013, 01:10 AM   #68
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

more russet than yukon gold
Old 09.23.2013, 01:12 AM   #69
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps

http://cheezburger.com/3401843968
Old 09.23.2013, 01:18 AM   #70
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Andrea right?

her photo was in the lab we see it when potato sez let's cook
Old 09.23.2013, 04:45 PM   #71
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

todds face definitely crossed the uncanny valley and i for one am in favour of that. pity about the nazi shit tho.
Old 09.23.2013, 04:52 PM   #72
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

am glad that jesse didnt escape, only because it would be too tv cliche for him to have busted his way out of capture from his enemies.

the hero is dead, the antihero loses everything, the fool is enslaved then watches the one he loves murdered, and the nazis get all the cash. its dark, and rightfully so. its taken decades for tv to allow itself to make genuinely dark stuff that doesn't have to embarrass itself with redemption ever single time.

i mean, breaking bad isn't actually all that out there when it comes to its basic plots and premises. a lot of its narratives are tried and true. what it doesnt do is condescend by trying to create tension for the sole purpose of redeeming it. it doesnt play for cheap melodrama either. it has a basic realism and strong writing. they can get away with wheelchair IEDs and magnetic hard drive wiping from a van all because of this basic realism.
Old 09.23.2013, 05:01 PM   #73
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen,
Though I am weary I can't stop to rest.
I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle.
I feel the bullet go deep in my chest.

From out of nowhere Felina has found me,
Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for,
One little kiss and Felina, good-bye.
Old 09.23.2013, 07:20 PM   #74
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

mr magoriums wonder emporium - 2 copies.
Old 09.24.2013, 10:40 AM   #75
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
the hero is dead, the antihero loses everything, the fool is enslaved then watches the one he loves murdered, and the nazis get all the cash.

that there is a microcosm of real life & economics no?

----

anyway

the scene that really got me was when he's sitting at the bar waiting for teh cops to arrive when he sees his former partners on charlie rose (charlie rose! ha ha ha) and then they deny him and said he was nobody, say he made no contributions, and walt says nothing of course being alone but you can see him grimacing and his hand twitching and the rage and the humiliation and you get the sense of that huge betrayal. that moment there. i only wish i knew why or how they ever bought his patents from under him and that whole backstory which is of course the reason why he feels so vindicated in "the empire business". and is now apparently charging with a machine gun at the other people who stole from him-- the nazis? or maybe he'll go on a rampage on the gray matter campus and make those douches eat some lead for being the ones who put him in that position in the first place. ha!

http://www.savewalterwhite.com
Old 09.24.2013, 11:56 AM   #76
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

at first i didn't get the brilliance of that scene.

just before, two things happen. his son rejects him on the phone and rejects his money, therefore heisenberg is a failure and is powerless. walt phones the cops and gives himself away by saying 'this is walter white'.

so here the heisenberg personality is defeated. walter white returns in a pathetic state, with his tail between his legs. hes going to go crying and give himself up. but in doing so, he at least has some control over his identity. he can be walter white the apologetic figure who confesses the madness of heisenberg to the cops.

but that tv show flips it. his partners denigrate him and literally call walter white 'nothing'. therefore his entire plan is thwarted. he can no longer reclaim his old identity. he is no longer in a position of power. he wanted to go be walter white and have the cops ask him for the story of heisenberg. that at least makes him the active narrator in his own story, since he holds the details of what heisenberg did and reclaims SOME sort of control.

that tv clip killed walter white and heisenberg took over, and now there is no going back. he's heisenberg until he dies.
Old 09.24.2013, 03:46 PM   #77
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i have seen the term "heisenberg personality" elsewhere on the internet so i'm assuming it's part of a common lexicon, and i can see it but i can also see that it's too geometric a construct to reduce the character to. a kind of jekyll/hyde thing.

but if you ever read the nabokov analysis of j/h, which is brilliant, he does a little venn diagram or something where hyde is part of jekyll but it's just a distilled "evil essence" (hyde is smaller). jekyll is (like all of us) a "mixed" thing.

anyway, so, while i can see the 2 "personalities" as a polarity (you could also call those poles meekness and pride if you wanted and it would still work), ultimately it's all just one person, with all the complexities that this entails (and here you could go back to the jungian chessboard/magic theatre in "steppenwolf", which, while highly unscientific, provides a more accurate poetic image, and maybe even it's more scientifically accurate anyway, given all the brain "organs" at work).

vince gilligan talked in some interview about the transformation of mr. chips into scarface (or something like that) and yes, "seyy hellow tu mai littul frenn" is evidently coming, but the problem i have with the on/off 2 person switch is that it turns art into geometry-- and it's too manichaean good vs. evil. makes sense?

anyway i feel terribly lame so looking forward to a tv show, but what's good is good no matter where you find it, and this season has been just fucking brilliant.
Old 09.24.2013, 04:58 PM   #78
Beardedcat
empty page

Beardedcat has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
vince gilligan talked in some interview about the transformation of mr. chips into scarface (or something like that) and yes, "seyy hellow tu mai littul frenn" is evidently coming

Walter takes out Jack and his men with a machine gun, only to get shot from behind by Jesse?
Beardedcat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2013, 05:47 PM   #79
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
One bit of confusion was the guys in black who confronted Skyler in the baby's bedroom at the White's house. When the "hider" returns to visit Walt a month later, he references Skyler and the kids living in an apartment. Are we to believe Skyler and the kids left the house due to the guys in black or just because the residence was RICO-ed?

Any thoughts why the guys in black let Skyler and the baby live, but didn't hesitate to kill Jessie's ex-girlfriend?
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2013, 05:49 PM   #80
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

walt does a science and the nazis die, but potato face escapes. jesse is about to scream 'yeah bitch' but gets mauled by a female dog and dies. walt junior becomes a criminal mastermind behind a billion dollar breakfast empire. potato face hits on lydia quayle who kill him then becomes a rich meth hoe and is bought into sexual slavery by walt junior. skylar and marie realize they were adopted and aren't sisters then become lovers. hank returns from the dead on a pale horse and rides into mexico to bring the law of the land to the savages. saul converts to judaism. skinny pete and the fat one join the dea. mikes granddaughter finds the barrels of money in the dead nazis hideout and spends it all on meth. walt jr puts on the heisenberg hat then starts to dance like michael jackson in the empty pool in the backyard, fade to black and the credits roll.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth