Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.28.2014, 04:22 PM   #5701
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I know! Ever so slightly gutted I didn't go. It wasn't even sold out so I could've just gone up to Wembley and got a ticket there.

Although it was probably a bad choice of teams in terms of the NFL now, the Dolphins and the Raiders have quite a big cult support here among those who got into it in the 80s when it was first shown on uk tv. Although the Raiders then were obviously in LA rather than Oakland. I used to watch it with a friend from school. He was into the Raiders and I liked the Dolphins. We got really passionate about it even though neither of us had much of a clue about either team. Good times.
Yeah those were two of the best teams of the 80s.. only the fortywhinerz were better! I didnt realize those were also popular in UK at that time, so that explains why somehow either the raiders or dolphins always seem to be.sent to that London game..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2014, 05:16 PM   #5702
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Commercially it makes a lot of sense. The big teams here were the Dolphins, the Raiders, the Redskins, as you say, and The Bears. Although Bears fans were usually dismissed as newbies, even though those of us dismissing them had only been watching it for a few months ourselves. The Dolphins were the glamour team, the Raiders were the tough team, don't remember why the Redskins were big, and the Bears were winning things and had the refidgerator. That was the perception here, anyway. If the organisers at Wembley could've hired Cameo to do the half time stuff it would've been a pure nostalgia-fest for all the 40 somethings in ill fitting Marino era shirts.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2014, 05:46 PM   #5703
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes. he sort of motioned towards it but didn't really go and them bam! you can see better from other camera angles. a perfect shot. piazon is a chelsea loaner by the way.

it was sad for hamburg because they had dominated the second half after scoring their first goal *of the season* to even the score (frankfurt scored in the first half). piazon's last-minute goal came then as a total shocker. and so with this loss hamburg now sits firmly at the bottom of the table.

The Prem so far looks like it'll be a straight race between Man C and Chelsea. The relegation battle looks wide open again. Newcastle are the big flop team so far but they've been in trouble for ages. Man U have an awful defence but a forward line that could score against anyone.

West Ham are reassuringly average (ie probably just about good enough to avoid relegation)

Player-wise, Balotelli hasn't done much at Liverpool so far and Falcao hasn't really established himself at Man U yet, but Di Maria looks really good and Costa's been sensational at Chelsea.
Old 09.28.2014, 06:33 PM   #5704
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The Prem so far looks like it'll be a straight race between Man C and Chelsea. The relegation battle looks wide open again. Newcastle are the big flop team so far but they've been in trouble for ages. Man U have an awful defence but a forward line that could score against anyone.

West Ham are reassuringly average (ie probably just about good enough to avoid relegation)

Player-wise, Balotelli hasn't done much at Liverpool so far and Falcao hasn't really established himself at Man U yet, but Di Maria looks really good and Costa's been sensational at Chelsea.

next week it's everton vs man u so i'm going to try to catch that & see what's what. i hope it's not a pre-dawn game (in my time zone).

and maybe too soon for wild predictions but how about man c doesn't make it out of the group vs. bayern + roma?

also, we have some epic CL matchups coming up:

psg/barcelona (domestically barcelona is doing great, psg not so much)

man city/ roma (roma has won all games in serie a, is 2nd only by goal difference)

atletico madrid / juventus (juve is first on serie a's table, no goals scored against them in 5 games)

--

on top of this, juve/roma play next weekend--- it will be a massive week for both teams!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2014, 02:10 AM   #5705
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I do love Gerrard but he's broken my heart more times than I want to remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD80XYD1FvU

Ha! Yeah I'll give him that one.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2014, 02:12 AM   #5706
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
next week it's everton vs man u so i'm going to try to catch that & see what's what. i hope it's not a pre-dawn game (in my time zone).

and maybe too soon for wild predictions but how about man c doesn't make it out of the group vs. bayern + roma?

also, we have some epic CL matchups coming up:

psg/barcelona (domestically barcelona is doing great, psg not so much)

man city/ roma (roma has won all games in serie a, is 2nd only by goal difference)

atletico madrid / juventus (juve is first on serie a's table, no goals scored against them in 5 games)

--

on top of this, juve/roma play next weekend--- it will be a massive week for both teams!

Yeah I suspect the Everton/Utd game will be, as it's a 12pm kick off here.

God do I love the champions league.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2014, 03:38 AM   #5707
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they don't; it's a massively hard group they're in, and there's lingering doubts about their mental strength. Of all the English clubs, Chelsea look like they have the best chance. Although it'll depend a lot on whether Costa stays fit.

Early prediction is that Barca wins it this year. I was going for Real but they look weakened after selling some key players, plus the reports of unrest amongst some still there - namely Ronaldo. Rumours of him maybe returning to Man U seem unrealistic though, even if they could afford the 160m Real would apparently want for him.

No doubt Bayern will be up there as contenders but they're a bit of an unknown quantity for me. And obviously the CL is a bit of a lottery even for the best teams.
Old 09.29.2014, 07:15 PM   #5708
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Everyone please check today's goal by Lucas Piazon for Frankfurt vs Hamburg--amazing! Not sure clips are up yet but they should be soon!

--

ps

https://vine.co/v/OZUz0DrXDIz

Speaking of free kicks, you're gonna love the second goal here. (starts 22 secs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH1-F3RHqDY
Old 09.30.2014, 12:14 AM   #5709
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
did you see this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCwb-QhBLTU

and that one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBdbZeT8dHA

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2014, 01:33 PM   #5710
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha that dog!

haven't seen those videos yet

busy this morning (deadlines) caught the last few bits of bayern/cska moscow. they played in an empty stadium (closed due to racist russians last year, plus the rumble vs. roma this year). weird!!! ghost-like. you could hear the coaches screaming in various languages. bayern won by a measly 1-0 (by a penalty i didn't see).

---

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_

pretty!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_

haa haaaa the poor bastard. thanks!

[must spread more butter before i spread again]
Old 09.30.2014, 01:43 PM   #5711
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Found that dog pic while looking for something else. But this is him watching Football

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2014, 02:00 PM   #5712
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ill check it out after the barca/psg -- 1-1 so far. LIVELY

came to say -- check it out (everyone) if you can!

===

later: seriously, barcelona / psg was EPIC!!! psg won 3-2. never a dull moment in that game. and this even without zlatan (who's out injured). having watched it today i felt like i won a little lottery prize or something.
Old 09.30.2014, 10:00 PM   #5713
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I agree to paris.st.germain vs.barcelona.being an epic match. Barcelona had mesmerizing ball handling but in the final 20 minutes psg.played.championship defense. Great game.and nice.to.see the.villain lose

Old 09.30.2014, 10:12 PM   #5714
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I agree to paris.st.germain vs.barcelona.being an epic match. Barcelona had mesmerizing ball handling but psg.played.championship defense. Great game.and nice.to.see the.villain lose
i don't know how they were villains except for their blinding lemon-lime uniforms. if anything, psg is the one-percenter nouveau-riche team, awash in qatari petrodollars. barça is member-owned and very much a team of the people. but regardless, super fun game!
Old 10.01.2014, 08:51 AM   #5715
demonrail666
invito al cielo

The worse anyone can say about Barcelona is they're not as 'nice' as their reputation suggests. Only the most ardent Real fan would describe them as villains, though. Perhaps that's it - suchfriends is a closet Madridista. Poor sod probably sleeps under this

staring up at this

Old 10.01.2014, 10:01 AM   #5716
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
The worse anyone can say about Barcelona is they're not as 'nice' as their reputation suggests. Only the most ardent Real fan would describe them as villains, though. Perhaps that's it - suchfriends is a closet Madridista. Poor sod probably sleeps under this

staring up at this

that bed…!

--

anyway, watchu guys watching today?

i'll definitely sit in front of juve / atlético madrid live, and will catch the dortmund & leverkusen games on repeat. maybe curious about arsenal later.
Old 10.01.2014, 10:22 AM   #5717
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Missed all yesterday's games but it has to be Atletico-Juve for me too tonight. Hope both teams qualify for the knockouts.
Old 10.01.2014, 01:04 PM   #5718
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I dont follow league futbol but in LA we collectively think of barcelona as a villain, maybe just because their roster is loaded to be sure beyonce and jay z were there supporting Barcelona, enough said!

Old 10.01.2014, 01:29 PM   #5719
demonrail666
invito al cielo

haha what????
Old 10.01.2014, 01:45 PM   #5720
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

they were sitting in the psg box right next to beckam

--

mandzukic has a broken face! (wearing a mask)

oh man this game gonna be bananas. buffon did kissyface with some madrid guy (who?).
236276283284285 286 287288289296336386 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth