Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Anyone know Hanadensha 'Narcotic Guitar' ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.19.2006, 02:25 PM   #1
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Crazy bad ass psychedelic japanese music! Side project of Hira's (bassist from the Boredoms).

Some of you folk might recall me posting about this band before on the old board.....I made a fanpage on myspace ( www.myspace.com/hanadensha ) and I sonehow got through to the Boredoms via their Boredoms myspace page and got the ok to put up Narcotic Guitar for download!

Check out the music on the myspace page and for the entire Narcotic Guitar album (which is the only one for DL since it's out of print) go here-
www.sonicsoundwave.com/hanadensha

Maybe if we can get enough loud crazy fans they might actually repint this album or tour which is one of the reasons why I made a fanpage (it'll never happen though, the other reason being to share this awesome unknown band with the rest of the world).....some of the most beautiful artwork ever too!

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
skiesfalling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 02:28 PM   #2
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome. I really like it. Doobie Shining Love got a groove to it.
Cover art is beautiful, as well.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 02:31 PM   #3
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
I remember i liked acoustic mothership the best from those, which were able to download back then. thanks for posting it!
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulasch Noir
I remember i liked acoustic mothership the best from those, which were able to download back then. thanks for posting it!

Glad to post it and share!! Get your free DL of the album if you don't already have it!

Yeah that song Acid River is some heavy thick distorted drones....love it. the Doobie Shining Love EP is the weakest of the 3 but well worth it for the title track alone...yes that groove is awesome!! and the 2nd song from that cd is just another song from Narcotic Guitar. The 3rd, the western track is silly but catchy and the end is awesome! Astral Pigmy Wave is the most ambient and is quite lovely. Narcotic Guitar in its entirety is just a beqautiful craetion of interesting music and more listenable on a day to day basis.

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 02:44 PM   #5
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
That's what I call community service!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 03:10 PM   #6
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
thhhhhank you!
Old 07.19.2006, 03:38 PM   #7
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat and beard
thhhhhank you!

You're very welcome!! Austin TX huh......do I know you ?

Glad to be part of your community service Savage Clone...do you already have this one?

Old 07.19.2006, 03:41 PM   #8
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks to you sending it to me some months back, yes!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 03:43 PM   #9
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Thanks to you sending it to me some months back, yes!

Oh that's right! We traded some cds yes? We actually mailed things like the old days....f'n pony express style!

Old 07.19.2006, 03:44 PM   #10
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesfalling
You're very welcome!! Austin TX huh......do I know you ?

could be. its a small world.
Old 07.19.2006, 03:47 PM   #11
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Quote:
could be. its a small world.

Yeah small world indeed......my name is Blake....been living here for like 10 years.....y tu?

Old 07.19.2006, 03:54 PM   #12
hat and beard
stalker

i've been here a little over a year. transferred to ut my senior year in college.
don't think i know any blakes. my name is joshua.
Old 07.19.2006, 04:06 PM   #13
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Quote:
i've been here a little over a year. transferred to ut my senior year in college.
don't think i know any blakes. my name is joshua.

nice to meet you joshua.....where d'you transfer from? Maybe I'll see you out at one of our shows (skiesfalling and unfortuntaely we don't have any shows lined up right now....)

Old 07.19.2006, 04:12 PM   #14
hat and beard
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Dose
nice to meet you joshua.....where d'you transfer from? Maybe I'll see you out at one of our shows (skiesfalling and unfortuntaely we don't have any shows lined up right now....)

pleased to meet you, sir. i transferred from unt, up in denton.

send me a pm whenever your band's playing. i'll be sure to make it out.
Old 07.19.2006, 04:35 PM   #15
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Quote:
pleased to meet you, sir. i transferred from unt, up in denton.

send me a pm whenever your band's playing. i'll be sure to make it out.

Denton!! Cool I have a lot of friends from up there! I'm actually from Ft Worth which is why.....

Old 07.19.2006, 04:53 PM   #16
hat and beard
stalker

cool. are you in touch with the music scene up there? i know alot of those folks.
Old 07.19.2006, 04:56 PM   #17
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Quote:
cool. are you in touch with the music scene up there? i know alot of those folks.

so where do all the boredoms fanatics hang out in austin?

Yes very much in touch although not quite as in touch since relocating but I'm pretty familiar.....seems to be the most interesting scene in TX and maybe one of the most interesting anywhere regarding ratio of bands to cool interesting bands. Which bands or folks?

Boredoms fanatics...you know I know there are plenty but since they never play here it's hard to have them all together at once.....but when discovered we should make sure to stick close! The music scene here isn't all that experiemntal either but there are a few really quality interesting creative bands......a few only!

Old 07.19.2006, 04:57 PM   #18
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
oh that is fabulous. lov ethe art as well.
Old 07.19.2006, 05:03 PM   #19
hat and beard
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Dose
Yes very much in touch although not quite as in touch since relocating but I'm pretty familiar.....seems to be the most interesting scene in TX and maybe one of the most interesting anywhere regarding ratio of bands to cool interesting bands. Which bands or folks?

Boredoms fanatics...you know I know there are plenty but since they never play here it's hard to have them all together at once.....but when discovered we should make sure to stick close! The music scene here isn't all that experiemntal either but there are a few really quality interesting creative bands......a few only!

baptist generals, marked men, mugzu, jetscreamer? i used to play in a nameless two piece band with a fellow named stephen blakey who used to play bass in the austin band confuzatron. know any of those folks?
Old 07.19.2006, 05:19 PM   #20
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

Quote:
baptist generals, marked men, mugzu, jetscreamer? i used to play in a nameless two piece band with a fellow named stephen blakey who used to play bass in the austin band confuzatron. know any of those folks?

Hey Joshua Blake here (heroic dose and skiesfalling one in the same).

I know Brian Schmidt who used to play in the Baptist Generals I think or still does alhtough he lives in Austin now. I know Sam and Will from Jetscreamer and Billy MYatt who used to play with hem for a little while.

Confuzatron I just met John Lennon down here rrecently as a matter of fact (guitarist).....

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth