Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.18.2017, 08:31 PM   #6741
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
@Severian

Good song! I like that one but I love Mr. Brightside.

@noisereductions

That's a shame, and they're broken up now!

Killers have a few songs that really aren't terrible. A few of their more wistful, spacey tunes remind me of Bowie or something. And not just because of the Bowie quotes.

Like Coldplay, they had their moments.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2017, 08:46 PM   #6742
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Like Coldplay, they had their moments.

ENEMIES OF ROCK & ROLL have no place in our board.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2017, 08:17 AM   #6743
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
ENEMIES OF ROCK & ROLL have no place in our board.

Dude. Rock & roll eats shit nowadays. Just completely eats shit from an ass buffet. Ridiculous.
Old 08.21.2017, 04:28 PM   #6744
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Dude. Rock & roll eats shit nowadays. Just completely eats shit from an ass buffet. Ridiculous.

It can certainly seem that way, but that's only if you make the huge mistake of discounting The Drones (including the new Liddiard/Kitschin side band, Tropical Fuck Storm), Wussy, No Age, Sleater-Kinney for Chrissakes... and Dry Wood Garage! Don't do it; otherwise you're voluntarily eating shit yourself, TINY.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 08.22.2017, 10:04 AM   #6745
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
It can certainly seem that way, but that's only if you make the huge mistake of discounting The Drones (including the new Liddiard/Kitschin side band, Tropical Fuck Storm), Wussy, No Age, Sleater-Kinney for Chrissakes... and Dry Wood Garage! Don't do it; otherwise you're voluntarily eating shit yourself, TINY.

Hey, you know I like the Drones. We've been over this for fuck's sake.

And sure there are outliers.. I mean, Low is still alive and kicking, Wilco's out there as they will hopefully always be (the world just plain needs Wilco about once every three years) and there are other bands that do not suck. But of all the promising up and comers I've had an eye on over the last few years that have actuallly shown some sign of having staying power, many have just fizzled or disappeared. Then there's Car Seat Headrest, who any day now might go flaccid from the over-exposure.

I put tons of energy into spreading the word about Black Bug when they released their instant Fucking classic Reflecting the Light album in 2013, and then they broke up, and nobody knows anything about them. They're so unknown that when I tweet about them their label notices and likes it, and I don't even really use Twitter.

Dub Thompson had a hell of a debut album in 2014, bit they've fallen off the face of the earth.

Perfect Pussy showed some promise too, but what happened to them? After all the hype even... just *poof*

Talking about bands like Sleater-Kinney in this context doesn't really fit, because they've already had two freaking decades of great music. They've had their time. Yeah, they're back, and they released one of 2015's best albums, but I don't think they represent the face of modern rock & roll at all.

Instead there's... y'know... twentyonepilots. Fuck that shit.
Old 08.25.2017, 09:58 PM   #6746
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I know you guys were losing sleep over this, so thought I'd update you. My Machina II bootleg arrived from France today and I'm pleased as punch. As I've mentioned it's been a holy grail for me for a while. And I got it at a considerably good price considering how rarely it pops up for sale, and the prices it tends to go for.

So here's the thing... it was still sealed. The one I got (there's a few variations) is a 2CD that includes the album proper, the 3 EP's, and then some various demos. It came in a beautiful digipak and I'm really impressed. This thing is in immaculate condition. Good things come to those who wait I guess.
Old 08.26.2017, 09:54 AM   #6747
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I know you guys were losing sleep over this, so thought I'd update you. My Machina II bootleg arrived from France today and I'm pleased as punch. As I've mentioned it's been a holy grail for me for a while. And I got it at a considerably good price considering how rarely it pops up for sale, and the prices it tends to go for.

So here's the thing... it was still sealed. The one I got (there's a few variations) is a 2CD that includes the album proper, the 3 EP's, and then some various demos. It came in a beautiful digipak and I'm really impressed. This thing is in immaculate condition. Good things come to those who wait I guess.

Buy 4:44.
Old 08.28.2017, 09:44 PM   #6749
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I LOVE this quote. I keep re-reading it.
Old 08.29.2017, 08:24 AM   #6750
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
I LOVE this quote. I keep re-reading it.

Hah. Thanks. Sometimes it's the dumbest things that are the most effective.

Old 08.29.2017, 08:28 AM   #6751
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Hey, random question here Bytor, but is that a microfiber blanket, or is it, like, a fabric wrap that you put on a surface just for photo backgrounds?

If it's a microfiber blanket, I have one exactly like it, and ahmahgaaad so nice and cozy. I hear the things are awful for marine wildlife, because the synthetic lint pulls off in the laundry and eventually flows into the oceans where it clogs the blowholes of whales and dolphins So I'll never buy another one, but... yeah. Comfy.
Old 08.30.2017, 10:13 AM   #6752
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Buy 4:44.

Buy 4'33".

Old 08.30.2017, 11:42 AM   #6753
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Buy 4'33".

But I already have it.
Old 09.22.2017, 03:23 PM   #6754
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
So does everyone with a stopwatch.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2017, 08:46 PM   #6755
SonicSleuth
little trouble girl

SonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's asses
Protomartyr Relatives in Descent
Lee Ranaldo Electric Trim
Chad Vangaalen Light Information
Chad Vangaalen Infiniheart
Husker Du Savage Young Du (pre-order)
SonicSleuth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2017, 09:32 PM   #6756
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Tyvek--Origin Of What

With all due respect to Protomartyr, there are other bands from Detroit. I bought my copy of Origin Of What from main Tyvek guy Kevin Boyer after their set at Louisville's fine Cropped Out music festival last weekend. It's great that a band that's been around awhile can still sound so fresh. Good album.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2017, 10:42 PM   #6757
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
Tyvek--Origin Of What

With all due respect to Protomartyr, there are other bands from Detroit. I bought my copy of Origin Of What from main Tyvek guy Kevin Boyer after their set at Louisville's fine Cropped Out music festival last weekend. It's great that a band that's been around awhile can still sound so fresh. Good album.

I’m digging the new Protomartyr actually.

But the last album I bought was Ben Frost - “The Centre Cannot Hold.”
Old 09.30.2017, 05:50 PM   #6758
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I’m digging the new Protomartyr actually.

You probably already know this but Kevin Boyer was a member of Protomartyr for a time.

Protomartyr played my town recently. But as so often happens, it was a weeknight and I couldn't go due to work the next day.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2017, 05:00 PM   #6759
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

What is a protomartyr anyway?

Old 10.03.2017, 07:32 PM   #6760
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
What is a protomartyr anyway?

Like... the martyr upon which all future martyrs are based? The “archetypal” martyr?
288328335336337 338 339340341348 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth