Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Kool Thing, Guitar Hero III wtf?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.20.2007, 04:33 PM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
guitar hero is just as much fun, or more so, as playing air guitar in front of the speakers on yr steroe (does anyone have steroes anymore? I do). I played it at best buy. it looked like fun. just a game. and if it makes people appreciate rock n roll and forget pop and R&B bullshit all the more better
Old 12.20.2007, 04:35 PM   #42
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
GH III sucks really hard by the way. Rock Band kicks its ass in so many ways.
Old 12.20.2007, 04:59 PM   #43
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Nice job overlooking the point I was making and just going into a defensive "you're a dick, and I'm too lazy to search" mode.

Let me reiterate in a "summarizing" fashion: Almost every message board around tells you not to keep putting up the same topic. Why? We don't need the board flooded with 500 messages about the same thing. Why? Because it's annoying and it's counterproductive to the point of a message board: we need new topics, new ideas, etc. It would have taken you THREE GODDAMNED SECONDS to see if there was already a thread like this. I'm on a 56k modem and it took me SIX seconds. You say you didn't care enough about this to search for it -- if you didn't care enough, why did you even bother posting at all?

Go ahead and tell me I'm a dick if you want, I'm not trying to be, I'm trying to illustrate a point: I don't like to see the same fucking bullshit on this board every goddamned day. You have the right to post whatever you want, but you're also making this board worse and worse. I have nothing against you, if I did the thing you did I'd want to be scolded for it as well. In fact, I'd say "hey thanks for pointing that out" instead of being defensive about it; we should all work together to make this board a better place, not one flooded with the same bullshit every day.

That's all.

I said you were trying to be a dick, not that you are a dick in general. and yes, you were trying to be a dick, there are less dickhead ways to make a point, regardless of its goodness or lack there of.

my question remains, why are you taking all of this so personally? there are literally hundreds of threads that you and me and all kinds of other people do not read, do not respond to, do not give a shit about. why are you so intrigued by this one?

and further,I am not the one flooding this board with crap everyday. My average is 1.49 posts per day. explain to me how that is flooding the board? how are my 1.49 posts a day making this board worse and worse?

Quote:
I think music is free for the masses, I don't ever want to be stingy: "you're not good enough to listen to MY music!" So what if it was hard for you to track down all the SY CD's? Fuck, I can name a THOUSAND bands and movies it took me forever to find or to discover, but as soon as I discover them I make sure and share the wealth. It's the 21st century, if someone went up to me and said, "Hey, man, I'm really interested in OOIOO, could you burn me some?" I'd go, "Yeah sure." If someone's interested in good music, why not support that?

Guitar Hero are boring, terrible games. But I will say that their music selection is a bit curious, in that it sometimes leans torwards good music. Seeing "who was in my room last night?" by the Buttholes in GHII made my day: King Coffey IS probably the best guitar player no one ever talks about, afterall. So, in a way, GH does highlight some work that probably no one would ever think about in this day and age. For example, I look up Buttholes on youtube BEFORE GHII comes out and there's like 4 videos up. I look 'em up now and see like 20 videos. If it brings exposure to good bands, I'm all for it. Why do people act like they got some kind of treasure or something? Share the fucking musical wealth! I, for one, hate the fact that I like so many bands that no one on here ever talks about. I bring up a band like Distorted Pony and people go "huh?" That's annoying. I want to DISCUSS music with people, not have some superunderground masterpiece that only I know about.

my disgust with sonic youth on guitar hero is not that people are good enough or bad enough to listen to sonicyouth. there is not scale of worth and value. the point is that as you said, Guitar Hero is a boring game. it is flat out stupid. its ridiculous for any good music to be on it. it trivializes good music and makes a novelty of it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2007, 05:03 PM   #44
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
paul leary played guitar in the butthole surfers. King Koffee played drums.
Old 12.20.2007, 05:03 PM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

and paul leary learned to "play" his guitar about 10 years after the butthole surfes had started.
Old 12.20.2007, 05:45 PM   #46
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
What's that one called? I have a few of his albums but never really gave them a listen.

niandra lades and usually just a tshirt
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2007, 05:58 PM   #47
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
When did I say you were flooding the board every day? I said that this post is furthering the flooding of the board.

I wasn't being a dick to YOU in general is my point. I like you. I just.. actually, honestly, I could have went about it in a better way. I was really fucking pissed last night because of some unrelated issues. Sorry.

And there are threads I don't care about, I just care when threads keep getting reposted so everyone has to repeat themselves.

Oh..

And thanks for the correction about Paul Leary. He's now in a band called CARNY, so for some reason I related that to "COFFEE", haha.. and my mind is kind of in disarray right now so I fucked up.

Sorry suchfriendsaredangerous, I really like you and didn't mean to be a dick. Lots of shit's going on.. sigh... fuck it.

One of the only apologies anyone has ever gotten out of me on here btw.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2007, 07:46 PM   #48
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Sorry suchfriendsaredangerous, I really like you and didn't mean to be a dick. Lots of shit's going on.. sigh... fuck it.

One of the only apologies anyone has ever gotten out of me on here btw.

emesegena!

sere yellem afoy ale? (thank you, doesn't that feel better?)

isn't love better then angst?

I hope there is less going on for you in the future, so that you can keep your things together rather then apart. selamannawadada (peace and love)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth