Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Madeleine McCann
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.10.2007, 02:48 PM   #21
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmychild
I hope the parents are guilty just because of the publicity campaign they've launched. I hope all the over the top sympathy turns into hate, and they become notorious sickos.

This hate of the McCanns I'm sure is justified. Media attention is fixed on the story because they think the public wants to hear about it, that's what sells papers, improves ratings etc. However, I doubt it would have reached this peak of saturation into the media and public interest if it wasn't for the relentless pushing of the McCanns themselves, who were appointed public representitives and media liasons by our government to help them bombard us.

Then there's the thoughtlessness of the public who participate in and perpetuate the campaign. Not only do the public/media seem to be forgetting people who aren't white or middle class, they've forgotton that Madeleine McCann is not important, no more important than the tramp on the street.

I understand that people who knew Maddy are concerned, but to the millions of people who have never met her, and know nothing about her except that she was kidnapped....well don't they have lives to be living? More pressing matters than the disappearance of a stranger?

Things like this show how retarded the nation is.
absolutely.
Old 09.10.2007, 03:47 PM   #22
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
nononoNO!

OK so the media have pushed this thing a hell of a lot but fucking hell you're one cold cunt. Look, we are fucking humans our nature is to worry and get sad about other humans known or not known (the latter to a lesser extent). How the fuck can you turn around and say "oh well I don't know her so I don't give a shit about her"?.
Forgive me I seem to exagerrating this point I'm gonna make but deal with it-Every war going on around the world, every murder you see in the paper do you honestly sit there and read about the problems going on in Darfur for example and just shrug your shoulders and say "well it's not my problem"?

Humans feel compassion even for things that seem trivial because that is what we do. Yes I am not one of those people who are taking this to the extrremes but I still have curiosty purely because it is something I do worry about and do wish her to be safe. If she turns out to be dead then that's another kick in the teeth. For you to say this nation are retards because of the fact that they're saddened by it is just pathetic.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2007, 05:08 PM   #23
eatmychild
children of satan

eatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asses
People die, I don't care because I don't know them, bingo, no reason to care.

Wars, humanitarian crises, mass disasters; these things concern me. 1 girl missing....oh wait it's happening everywhere.

I described the nation as retarded not because they're saddened, but because they are lol.
Old 09.10.2007, 05:12 PM   #24
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i reckon if ever you wanted to smuggle a shit load of drugs home from Portugal, then that was the flight to do it on.
Old 09.10.2007, 05:56 PM   #25
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
Just a lot of people who dont have children of their own, for sure.
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2007, 06:09 PM   #26
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
i don't have children but i do know how that kid will be feeling right now. if she is still alive.
Well, yes, hello young man!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2007, 06:24 PM   #27
sarramkrop

I've just realized that the post post above might give an impression that I might have kids who disappearead. I don't have kids, don't want any either, but this sort of mess wouldn't happen if people who had any would be responsable or would at least make the effort of looking after them like kids need to be looked after. Insert blah blah blah after this.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2007, 08:06 PM   #28
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
None of us know the evidence so why do people have an opinion if they did it? No-one bar the Police do. I respect the intelligence of the majority of people to accept that. But if it turns out the parents were involved i hope that the tabloid buying public have a serious and considered evaluation of the extent to which this was covered comapred to the dozens of kids who are neither white, kids of doctors, picturesque, or citizens of Great Britain who go missing every year in every country in the world, and how they feel about it
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2007, 04:08 AM   #29
The Usher
stalker

The Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's asses
Todays mood: I still think the parents did it.

The Usher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2007, 04:24 AM   #30
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
The thing is... how do we know Madeleine even existed?

Everyone has access to powerful photo-visual tools nowadays. Perhaps her parents invented her, to get money from the 'find Madeleine' fund (its something like 10 million now), and launch media careers - I've already placed a bet on Gerry McCann to be this year's Christmas number 1.

Or The Daily Express invented her, because even they were getting bored of Diana and they wanted another long term, heartbreaking story. And 'the McCanns' are just some mad, confused people they found sleeping in a bush, to front the project.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2007, 04:36 AM   #31
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, this is strange to hear of in my position. I've been quite news-less since I don't own a tv and I don't get the newspaper. It's weird to see the backlash of a media scandal when I haven't even heard of it before. But hey, American news does this all the time; Laci Peterson, Elizabeth Smart, and JonBenét Ramsey just to name a few. Ramsey parents were also suspects in the case, too.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2007, 04:44 AM   #32
The Usher
stalker

The Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's asses
But the whole JonBenét Ramsey thing was just weird, in a way that only Americans can be weird

Old 09.11.2007, 04:51 AM   #33
The Usher
stalker

Hmm, looks like their other children have started to fade away and become just pixels...

Old 09.11.2007, 08:31 AM   #34
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Firstly - I hope the kid gets found safe and well.
Secondly - I wish the media would just leave it alone and let the police get on with it.
And thirdly - I wish the McCanns would just stay out of the limelight for a while.

Even responding to this thread makes me feel embarassed and a little guilty for somehow falling for the hype this case has been given. I hope it's resolved soon.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2007, 09:05 AM   #35
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Madeleine's not going to be found safe and well, if she is found she is going to be pretty traumatized for sure.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2007, 10:25 AM   #36
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
nononoNO!

OK so the media have pushed this thing a hell of a lot but fucking hell you're one cold cunt. Look, we are fucking humans our nature is to worry and get sad about other humans known or not known (the latter to a lesser extent). How the fuck can you turn around and say "oh well I don't know her so I don't give a shit about her"?.
Forgive me I seem to exagerrating this point I'm gonna make but deal with it-Every war going on around the world, every murder you see in the paper do you honestly sit there and read about the problems going on in Darfur for example and just shrug your shoulders and say "well it's not my problem"?

Humans feel compassion even for things that seem trivial because that is what we do. Yes I am not one of those people who are taking this to the extrremes but I still have curiosty purely because it is something I do worry about and do wish her to be safe. If she turns out to be dead then that's another kick in the teeth. For you to say this nation are retards because of the fact that they're saddened by it is just pathetic.

well i have plently of compassion - but the fact is that a total of 17 children in the uk were reported missing inbetween between the month madeleine dissapeared and now, (as well as 3 portugese children in the past few years) and does anybody know their names? a boy of 11 was even shot dead on the streets around his council estate for crying out loud. these facts alone demonstrate how incongruous it is to claim that the factor keeping this story alive is compassion. in reailty it is down to something much more sinister. surely genuine compassion can perpetuate through ideas of class, race and sex. eatmychild has a point, it does seem silly and even worrying that the media and the nation is so infatuated w/ this story that it pays such little attention to crimes being commited to children in darfur, for example, or hundreds of thousands starving across the world. it is absolutely absurd to call it compassion.
Old 09.11.2007, 11:29 AM   #37
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
well i have plently of compassion - but the fact is that a total of 17 children in the uk were reported missing inbetween between the month madeleine dissapeared and now, (as well as 3 portugese children in the past few years) and does anybody know their names? a boy of 11 was even shot dead on the streets around his council estate for crying out loud. these facts alone demonstrate how incongruous it is to claim that the factor keeping this story alive is compassion. in reailty it is down to something much more sinister. surely genuine compassion can perpetuate through ideas of class, race and sex. eatmychild has a point, it does seem silly and even worrying that the media and the nation is so infatuated w/ this story that it pays such little attention to crimes being commited to children in darfur, for example, or hundreds of thousands starving across the world. it is absolutely absurd to call it compassion.

To get every piece of news that have gone on the day before make the paper like reading war and piece sized novels every day and that aint gonna happen. Admittedly the papers' agenda is to make money and they have been shits about it(Madeline to be found in 48hrs was a popular statement by them) but this isn't about the media, it's about the girl. Sorry if that came across as cheesy.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2007, 11:40 AM   #38
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Now only if little McCann was black and American then nobody would have heard about this...
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2007, 02:20 PM   #39
The Usher
stalker

OK, now they're saying there was LOADS of hair in the boot (trunk) of the hire car, and 'bodily fluids', they so did it, now I'm 100% sure.

Note: I am becoming VERY obsessed with this story, which is no good at all.

Old 09.11.2007, 03:59 PM   #40
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
so it wasn't blood it was bodily fluids and hair???
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth