Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2017, 08:25 AM   #1421
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
ginger is brown on outside and yellow on inside. why do brits call RED haired folk ginger?
Old 07.25.2017, 10:29 AM   #1422
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
My guess is they confused it with turmeric, which looks the same as ginger but is orange. Ha!

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2017, 11:08 AM   #1423
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hahahah! calling redheads Turmeric would not be too funny I guess.
Old 07.25.2017, 11:19 AM   #1424
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
ginger is brown on outside and yellow on inside. why do brits call RED haired folk ginger?

it's not a Brit thing. I'm not a Brit. Ever seen that South Park episode about Cartmen trying to exterminate the ginger kids and then becoming ginger (thanks to hijinks)? It's American vernacular too.

I have no idea why that's the case, but that's the case. Slang etymology is shaky.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2017, 11:20 AM   #1425
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hahahah! calling redheads Turmeric would not be too funny I guess.

Bahaha!!! But I want to now! Let's do that!

Aw man. That's great stuff.
Old 07.25.2017, 11:42 AM   #1426
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

that cartman shit was taken straight from the Brit use of "ginger" to describe redheads.

americans did not say that shit until it was heard from a Brit.
Old 07.25.2017, 03:05 PM   #1427
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
here's a funny article on GoT.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portl...t?oid=12111961

• At some point Martin must have gone on a trip to the Everglades, breathed in the heady Florida air, and thought, "Man, I could really go for some vagina right now." That is the only reason I can think of why, in A Feast for Crows, he calls a lady's bits a "Myrish swamp."

• "The hair at the juncture of her thighs a brighter red than that on her head. Does that make it even luckier?" No, Jon Snow. Ygritte's pubes are not a rabbit's foot. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

• Nipples of massive girth, darkness, and circumference: Martin is obsessed with them. The same woman of Myrish swamp fame (congrats, Taena Merryweather!) also has "big dark nipple[s]," while one of the Martell ladies has "huge dark nipples" that are also "responsive." A hooker's nipples are "fat" and "brown," while another pair of nipples are "wide pink circles." "Her nipples were two black diamonds, her sex slick and steamy," Martin writes at one point. And at least one knight gets a nipple shout-out: "Her fingers found his nipples," Martin notes, "pinching till he spent his seed within her."

• When Samwell Tarly of the Night's Watch finally makes an oopsie and forgets his vow of chastity, Martin describes Sam's penis as a "fat pink mast." Sam is fat, so his cock is also fat, because that's how penises work. Does Sam's mast have little sails on it? Is his cock the driving force behind some kind of sex boat? I think that's what's going on here. Maybe he can sail into a Myrish swamp!

I thought the latest episode was way too talky and I don't really like the Pilou Asbęk character. Did that one with a paint roller. WTF
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2017, 03:14 PM   #1428
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Piloiu asbaek?

martin is laughing all the way to the bank. he will uotdo the TV show with his forthcoming novels.
Old 07.25.2017, 03:17 PM   #1429
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
danish actor, uncle of the captain of the fleet. He was good in Borgen
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2017, 07:23 PM   #1430
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
here's a funny article on GoT.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portl...t?oid=12111961

• At some point Martin must have gone on a trip to the Everglades, breathed in the heady Florida air, and thought, "Man, I could really go for some vagina right now." That is the only reason I can think of why, in A Feast for Crows, he calls a lady's bits a "Myrish swamp."

• "The hair at the juncture of her thighs a brighter red than that on her head. Does that make it even luckier?" No, Jon Snow. Ygritte's pubes are not a rabbit's foot. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

• Nipples of massive girth, darkness, and circumference: Martin is obsessed with them. The same woman of Myrish swamp fame (congrats, Taena Merryweather!) also has "big dark nipple[s]," while one of the Martell ladies has "huge dark nipples" that are also "responsive." A hooker's nipples are "fat" and "brown," while another pair of nipples are "wide pink circles." "Her nipples were two black diamonds, her sex slick and steamy," Martin writes at one point. And at least one knight gets a nipple shout-out: "Her fingers found his nipples," Martin notes, "pinching till he spent his seed within her."

• When Samwell Tarly of the Night's Watch finally makes an oopsie and forgets his vow of chastity, Martin describes Sam's penis as a "fat pink mast." Sam is fat, so his cock is also fat, because that's how penises work. Does Sam's mast have little sails on it? Is his cock the driving force behind some kind of sex boat? I think that's what's going on here. Maybe he can sail into a Myrish swamp!

I thought the latest episode was way too talky and I don't really like the Pilou Asbęk character. Did that one with a paint roller. WTF

Hahahahahahaa

I read the books, and enjoyed them despite the fact that all of this ^^^ is 100% true, on-point criticism. It's like a soap opera for dudes, I guess. Not that dudes can't like soap operas, or ladies can't like GoT, but that's just what it fucking is. We pay attention for the depravity. Also, some of the characters have moments where I don't hate them and want them to die (mostly Tyrion), so that's nice she that happens.

I don't watch the show because I don't do the unnecessary rape thing. I watched 1.5 seasons and was all raped out, and apparently the true raping had not yet even begun. Raping in the show when the sex is consensual in the book (Cersei and Jaime)? Fuck that fucking shit in the ass with a big ass sword.

No point in watching if they're detracting from the books. Why are they doing that? Because we're stupid and we're fickle and we watch no matter what, and they need to keep the vermin fed.

GoT is gross. But I'll totally be reading Winds of Winter if that fucker ever comes out.
Old 07.25.2017, 07:23 PM   #1431
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
that cartman shit was taken straight from the Brit use of "ginger" to describe redheads.

americans did not say that shit until it was heard from a Brit.

So? Americans say it. End of fuckery.
Old 07.26.2017, 09:24 AM   #1432
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

finished Young Pope. Cool show. I love self-consistent stories. I do not see how someone without ecclesiastical or theological knowledge can get the full hit of this show. very cool stuff.
Old 07.26.2017, 09:25 AM   #1433
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the only "Americans" that say "ginger" in reference to redheads are sad pathetic anglophiles!!!!
Old 07.26.2017, 10:07 AM   #1434
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
the only "Americans" that say "ginger" in reference to redheads are sad pathetic anglophiles!!!!

Well, that's just not true skank. "Ginger" has been assimilated into the nomenclature. Shush.

Also, there is never any need for four exclamation points unless you're trying to be ludicrous.
Old 07.26.2017, 10:11 AM   #1435
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
finished Young Pope. Cool show. I love self-consistent stories. I do not see how someone without ecclesiastical or theological knowledge can get the full hit of this show. very cool stuff.

Yeah, I think that might be why it was kind of slept on by many average HBO viewers. Me, I'm Irish Roman Catholic, so it was like watching House of Cards to me. I loved it.

I also loved the musical choices. The Recondite song that was used as Lenny's "theme" was picked by someone who knows exactly how to balance out a score, and pick a song with the perfect amount of bite and tension to accompany that character. I can't imagine the music supervisor for that show not being an extreme badass.
Old 07.26.2017, 10:31 AM   #1436
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I am the son of an Episcopal priest. That, and my obsessive reading, helped me grasp a lot of the show. VERY cool fucking music choices on the show.
Old 07.26.2017, 10:39 AM   #1437
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
alright, great, and thanks again! baker is the doctor i'd spot on pbs back in the 90s. i recognize his face and he had white hair (longest stint in the role, i read).

so netflix has the dr whos sorted by story after all. gonna look for those.

Another recommendation I just watched is The Daemons. From the Pertwee era, and not necessarily in the very top tier quality-wise but pure trademark Dr Who, and one of my favourite stories revolving around The Master.

Also, growing up during the Tom Baker era, I'll always have a soft spot for him but I can see myself edging more and more towards Jon Pertwee. If anything his interpretation seems a lot closer to someone like Doctor Strange. (Reason #4537 why Benedict Cumberbatch was born to play the part).

Anyway, yeah, if The Daemons is on Netflix you could do an awful lot worse.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2017, 10:43 AM   #1438
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'd say Kris Marshall is more strawberry blonde.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2017, 11:52 AM   #1439
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I am the son of an Episcopal priest. That, and my obsessive reading, helped me grasp a lot of the show. VERY cool fucking music choices on the show.

Hey look! We agree on two things!
Old 07.26.2017, 12:02 PM   #1440
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Another recommendation I just watched is The Daemons. From the Pertwee era, and not necessarily in the very top tier quality-wise but pure trademark Dr Who, and one of my favourite stories revolving around The Master.

Also, growing up during the Tom Baker era, I'll always have a soft spot for him but I can see myself edging more and more towards Jon Pertwee. If anything his interpretation seems a lot closer to someone like Doctor Strange. (Reason #4537 why Benedict Cumberbatch was born to play the part).

Anyway, yeah, if The Daemons is on Netflix you could do an awful lot worse.

Isn't Pertwee's son the guy who plays Alfred on Gotham? A 50-something chap who was in, umm, Midsummer Murders or something?

Anyway, I actually rather strongly disagree about Cumberbach now that I think on it. He doesn't have the zaniness necessary to be the Doctor. And he's already taken on so many legacy characters it's kind of getting ridiculous. Strange, Khan, Sherlock, probably some others...

I think Sir Ian Macellan would do just wonderfully in a big trans-Atlantic blockbuster directed by, say, Christopher Nolan OR... Michael Cain? Eh? Two cracking good choices for a big deal film that needed real star power.

My favorite Doctor is Tenant, but I really like Smith and Capaldi and also Baker and Pertwee though I've seen not a ton of the latter. I think Tennant just had some of the best 1-2 episode stories in Who history. Smith had some truly epic *arcs* about that lasted from beginning of one season to... well... the end of, like, two seasons later... and he did an excellent job with the character, but he didn't really offer anything strikingly different from Tennant, except for a fez and a bow tie and a childlike sense of innocence, but all in all I think Tennant could have nailed most Smith episodes.

Capaldi brought some great new emotions and layers, and some stupid new sunglasses and electric guitars into the mix. Toss out the guitars and I think he was Fucking awesome. Especially when he was mean as shit. Why didn't that last longer? The mean-as-shitness?
62697071 72 73747582122172 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth