Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.24.2019, 04:57 PM   #2441
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
tambor apparently was accused of being rude on set? which is a criminal offense deserving a life sentence. guilty until proven innocent and all that. justice! (lol)

Well, sexually predatory comments and stuff, from multiple people. Invading people’s space... leveraging sex for connections and stuff, but yeah, being rude was definitely part of it

Oh, and on multiple shows.

But yeah, probably no big deal right?

Not saying he definitely did everything, but I think there’s enough collaboration to take it seriously enough to be concerned about it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2019, 05:05 PM   #2442
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Well, sexually predatory comments and stuff, from multiple people. Invading people’s space... but yeah, being rude was definitely part of it

Oh, and on multiple shows.

But yeah, probably no big deal right?
I GOT ATTACKED BY COMMENTS

i don’t know man.

let the courts sort it if there’s a crime
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2019, 05:15 PM   #2443
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I GOT ATTACKED BY COMMENTS

i don’t know man.

let the courts sort it if there’s a crime

Ok, so, sounds like multiple women said he sexually harassed them. One, just in the article posted here from when the news was fresh, said he said, stood on her feet, pinned her in place and rubbed his dick against her. ... So more fhan comments.

In the instance that there isn’t a court case, (when, I dunno, a big company might be involved and might be intervening and handling settlements to preserve its property? Possibly?) does that mean nothing should be done?

I’m fine with him resigning if he’s treating anyone like that. I don’t think any charges have been filed, so I’m not sitting here thinking poor Jeffrey Tambor.

I know it’s a tricky world to navigate and I’m not jumping on your ass, but I think it’s really dangerous to get into the “guilty until proven innocent” rhetoric.

Donald Trump is president because people say, “Well, no charges, and he’s innocent until proven guilty.”

It’s dicey, but I’m fine with how this particular situation shook out.
Old 02.24.2019, 05:18 PM   #2444
Severian
invito al cielo

Also it’s possible and super common to be attacked by comments. It’s usually called harassment or hate speech. What if all he did was shout the N-word at people? Just comments so no big thang?

I don’t have the answers, Sway. I’m just sayin’...
Old 02.24.2019, 05:39 PM   #2445
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
What if all he did was shout the N-word at people?

[...]

Sway.
you just called me sway? ATTACKED BY COMMENTS!

i’m calling your employer

and seriously (while i find the number), i’m an old-school liberal who believes in fair trials.

lynchings... remind me of old southern democrats who used the n-word to trump up charges

https://www.bet.com/news/national/20...f-rape-ro.html
Old 02.24.2019, 05:52 PM   #2446
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
you just called me sway? ATTACKED BY COMMENTS!

i’m calling your employer

and seriously (while i find the number), i’m an old-school liberal who believes in fair trials.

lynchings... remind me of old southern democrats who used the n-word to trump up charges

https://www.bet.com/news/national/20...f-rape-ro.html

Yeah, it’s a Kanye referenda. “You ain’t got the aaaanswers, Sway, you ain’t got the aanswers!”

Anyway, I’m an old school liberal too, and I’m not big on this whole lives being ruined by a single unconfirmed word thing that’s going on in the world. Doxxing and so on. Don’t like it, not comfortable with it.

But this is several woman saying they were harassed by a man at unrelated places and times, and the man resigned from the show.

I don’t know if he did anything, but it certainly appears that way. If he didn’t, he should sue for defamation or whatever.

I’m really not down with the public trial stuff, but I’m also not OK with just ignoring allegations when they pop up in numbers and go undisputed.
Old 02.24.2019, 05:54 PM   #2447
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

that’s what hr is for

lawyer is next
Old 02.24.2019, 05:58 PM   #2448
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
that’s what hr is for

lawyer is next

So, I assume you have the same position about Donald Truml, then.
Poor guy not-quite disgraced and never apologetic for attacking people with comments? Locker room talk, yeah?

Didn’t go to court so no big whoop?

And courts fuck up all the time.

Also good luck with HR when you’re a trans woman and your harasser is a rich, white male whose face pays the salaries of fucking HR.

C’maaaan
Old 02.24.2019, 06:24 PM   #2449
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
So, I assume you have the same position about Donald Truml, then.
Poor guy not-quite disgraced and never apologetic for attacking people with comments? Locker room talk, yeah?

Didn’t go to court so no big whoop?

And courts fuck up all the time.

Also good luck with HR when you’re a trans woman and your harasser is a rich, white male whose face pays the salaries of fucking HR.

C’maaaan
so, you’re not for public trials, but you’re for public trials after all?

guilty until proven innocent then?

alright cotton mather

the white male is the new n-word

HANG HIM
Old 02.24.2019, 06:25 PM   #2450
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The fact you didn't censor white male proves that it isn't.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2019, 06:32 PM   #2451
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
The fact you didn't censor white male proves that it isn't.
huh?
Old 02.24.2019, 06:35 PM   #2452
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
The whole false comparison thing.

If you call a black guy the n-word and he punches you in the face, nobody's going to seriously complain except for the person who got punched - and let's be real, you probably deserved it.

But if you go up to a white male and call him 'white male!', he's almost certainly not going to punch you in the face. And if he does, it's probably because he's confused.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2019, 06:47 PM   #2453
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
The whole false comparison thing.

If you call a black guy the n-word and he punches you in the face, nobody's going to seriously complain except for the person who got punched - and let's be real, you probably deserved it.

But if you go up to a white male and call him 'white male!', he's almost certainly not going to punch you in the face. And if he does, it's probably because he's confused.
lol i see.... that’s not what i meant. let me explain the context i was trying to imply

back in the days of the old south (im talking mid 20th century) black men were often lynched over trumped up accusations, usually of a sexual nature

e.g. you catch your lil’ girl making out with a black boy she screams “he raped me” and soon we have a lynching. if you were black you were presumed guilty. the n-world: scapegoat of the south.

but these days, when you want to imply that someone was guilty of something (anything), you make sure to mention he’s A WHITE MALE. this helps ensure that, whether guilty or not, the accused will pay a price for every other white male out there who ever did anything.

as a minority person i should be cackling with glee at these comical developments. “revenge” of something.

but nah. i’ve never been a fan of maoist purges. this is stupid.
Old 02.24.2019, 08:43 PM   #2454
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
so, you’re not for public trials, but you’re for public trials after all?

guilty until proven innocent then?

No. I’m not for the idea of ruining people’s lives based on one unverifiable complaint.

I AM in favor of someone quitting their cushy job when several woman make unrefuted sexual harassment and assault claims against that person.

There is no trial. I’m not engaging in any public trial. But him stepping down from the job doesn’t make me think, “Poor Jeffrey.”

Just basically restating what I already said almost verbatim in case you missed it, which apparently you did.

Quote:

OH COME THE FUCK ON, that is SUCH bullshit. That is such, SUCH complete and utter bullshit and an absolute example of false equivalency, which the teenager in the room recognizes, but you don’t.

And yeah, I get your meaning — that is to say I understand what you meant — but it’s still a bogus comparison. Unless you know of a bunch of whit men who have been “lynched” based on charges that are verifiably false. Like... who are you even fucking talking about right now?
Also, losing your job is not the same as being lynched.
Your entire premise is fucked.

But yes,, poor white males. When will life ever be fair to them. Poor rich, powerful white men who prey on subordinate women.

Jesus Christ, are you on fucking Thorazine?
Old 02.24.2019, 08:49 PM   #2455
Severian
invito al cielo

Also you failed to respond to my point about the fact that the HR solution is fundamentally fucked in this scenario, where the HR person’s job is dependent on the alleged harasser (Tambor) not being dragged through the mid and the show continuing.

You’re all over the place, friendo
Old 02.24.2019, 08:55 PM   #2456
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
No. I’m not for the idea of ruining people’s lives based on one unverifiable complaint.

I AM in favor of someone quitting their cushy job when several woman make unrefuted sexual harassment and assault claims against that person.

There is no trial. I’m not engaging in any public trial. But him stepping down from the job doesn’t make me think, “Poor Jeffrey.”

Just basically restating what I already said almost verbatim in case you missed it, which apparently you did.

OH COME THE FUCK ON, that is SUCH bullshit. That is such, SUCH complete and utter bullshit and an absolute example of false equivalency, which the teenager in the room recognizes, but you don’t.

And yeah, I get your meaning — that is to say I understand what you meant — but it’s still a bogus comparison. Unless you know of a bunch of whit men who have been “lynched” based on charges that are verifiably false. Like... who are you even fucking talking about right now?
Also, losing your job is not the same as being lynched.
Your entire premise is fucked.

But yes,, poor white males. When will life ever be fair to them. Poor rich, powerful white men who prey on subordinate women.

STOP OPPRESSING ME, WHITE MAN

IM TRIGGERED

J’ACCUSE
Old 02.24.2019, 09:03 PM   #2457
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Also you failed to respond to my point about the fact that the HR solution is fundamentally fucked in this scenario, where the HR person’s job is dependent on the alleged harasser (Tambor) not being dragged through the mid and the show continuing.

You’re all over the place, friendo
OOOOH RACIST WHITE MALE
CALLED ME FRIENDO
SURELY A SLUR
Old 02.24.2019, 09:12 PM   #2458
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

ABLEIST

APOLOGIZE. NOW
Old 02.24.2019, 09:20 PM   #2459
Severian
invito al cielo

Yeah, so you realize your points are shit, I have to assume, or you’d be taking me to school because despite this nonsense, you’re smart as fuck — much smarter than I am.
Old 02.24.2019, 09:24 PM   #2460
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, so you realize your points are shit, I have to assume, or you’d be taking me to school because despite this nonsense, you’re smart as fuck — much smarter than I am.
APOLOGIZE TO THE MENTALLY ILL COMMUNITY
73113120121122 123 124125126133173 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth