Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Do you have a band?????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.06.2008, 06:41 AM   #601
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I'd record my music and set up a Myspace but Audacity doesn't want to cooperate.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2008, 01:38 PM   #602
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Last night I rpetty much locked myself into being in a band I had never heard.

Big mistake... they sound like a worse version of Cat Butt (band)

So yeah I have that to look forward to...

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2008, 12:39 PM   #603
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
kick them into gear then
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2008, 03:06 PM   #604
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i've just uploaded a recording of "jugband blues" onto myspace
it should show up in a bit.
i'm actually of the opinion that this is the best thing i've recorded and i didn't even write it (obviously)

http://www.myspace.com/pinkmoonband

recorded output will be limited for awhile due to a very bad finger injury

self promotion over

An excellent cover version, Cantankers - I always love covers which aren't simply straightforward retellings of the original. You original songs are really enjoyable too - very narcotic and woozy, if that's not too cliched a thing to say.
Old 07.09.2008, 03:22 PM   #605
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Last night I rpetty much locked myself into being in a band I had never heard.

Big mistake... they sound like a worse version of Cat Butt (band)

So yeah I have that to look forward to...
That shouldn't be a terrible experience. It'll teach you how to deal with bad musicians, and make working with good musicians a lot easier. (Though that has it's own challenges, as well.) Make the best of it, and remember you can leave whenever you want to, even if they're friends. They'll get over it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2008, 07:16 PM   #606
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
An excellent cover version, Cantankers - I always love covers which aren't simply straightforward retellings of the original. You original songs are really enjoyable too - very narcotic and woozy, if that's not too cliched a thing to say.
thank you baby melly
always nice to hear good things

i have a plan
when i get back to new york i'm going to gather up a few of my musically competent cohorts and we're going to play and play and play and then one day, when we get it together enough, we're going to play a live show and cover dark side of the moon in its entirety (if i can find someone who can sing great gig in the sky because i sure as fuck can't).

pompousity at it's best.
Old 07.09.2008, 08:52 PM   #607
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
w/ careful with that axe, eugene encore

that would be sooooooo cool

careful, careful.....

careful......
with that axe, eugene.....

WAAAAAAGHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Old 07.09.2008, 09:09 PM   #608
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i've just uploaded a recording of "jugband blues" onto myspace
it should show up in a bit.
i'm actually of the opinion that this is the best thing i've recorded and i didn't even write it (obviously)

http://www.myspace.com/pinkmoonband

recorded output will be limited for awhile due to a very bad finger injury

self promotion over

great cover!
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2008, 10:44 PM   #609
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
That shouldn't be a terrible experience. It'll teach you how to deal with bad musicians, and make working with good musicians a lot easier. (Though that has it's own challenges, as well.) Make the best of it, and remember you can leave whenever you want to, even if they're friends. They'll get over it.
Haha yeah thanks. I never thought of it like that.
Its one of those bands where no one has an ounce of charisma

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2008, 10:53 PM   #610
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Haha yeah thanks. I never thought of it like that.
Its one of those bands where no one has an ounce of charisma
Every good band has to have at least one member that people point to and say, "Fuck, s/he's awesome." If they can't be charismatic, that becomes your job. And if you're serious about being in a band that's a good position to be comfortable enough to take on. I mean don't be a cocky bastard, but you know. Be the band you want to see.

Unless you're the drummer. Then you might have a problem.
Old 07.09.2008, 11:00 PM   #611
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

unfortunately i am not at all charismatic and terrible at being interviewed. also terribly shy in front of video cameras. you won't see me being interviewed on youtube anytime soon.
Old 07.09.2008, 11:09 PM   #612
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

If I could find more people to actually start a band with, that's something I would work on. I'm afraid to get on stage, but if I had a group to support me, I could do it. I can do it for acting stuff, and I'm scared to death until I get up there.

I think being shit-crazy on stage combined with really shy off stage is a great image, and very doable for shy people, since when you get used to the stage you can let loose a lot more than "real life".
Old 07.09.2008, 11:11 PM   #613
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
it's official, monosodic's first ever gig will happen on jul. 31

anyone from mexico reading, there's also going to be a surprise live set of I/C/O/C in collaboration wation with the new parallelogrammers.

i'm expecting to finish monosodic's gno ep pretty soon and then the recording of pubic mohawk will start.

there's tons of I/C/O/C cd-rs that will be released in the coming months.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2008, 11:14 PM   #614
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

for me, playing to an audience on stage with a band is nothing. they may as well not even be there, there's no real emotional connection (again, this is just me) and there's less pressure on you as an individual, even if you're the so called "leader" because there are other people up there with you to lighten the load..it's way harder for me to just sit and play and sing by myself to one person or five people, no matter how well or how long i've known them.

if i were to be interviewed in a group setting with a band i would just let someone else do most of the talking because i have a problem with talking about my work. i can't listen to it after i finish it either. it would be like watching myself act.
Old 07.09.2008, 11:17 PM   #615
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Quote:
for me, playing to an audience on stage with a band is nothing. they may as well not even be there, there's no real emotional connection (again, this is just me) and there's less pressure on you as an individual, even if you're the so called "leader" because there are other people up there with you to lighten the load..it's way harder for me to just sit and play and sing by myself to one person or five people, no matter how well or how long i've known them.
That's true. In fact, the more I know someone the harder it is for me to perform in front of them.
Old 07.09.2008, 11:22 PM   #616
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
That's true. In fact, the more I know someone the harder it is for me to perform in front of them.
i tried to play for my mom once and i just couldn't. i don't know how else to put it, i just can't.
Old 07.09.2008, 11:28 PM   #617
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Yep. I can't sing in front of my parents. At all. Ever.
Old 07.09.2008, 11:31 PM   #618
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i'm having an argument about whether i will be able to succeed in the music business.

hahaha.

some people don't realise what a manipulative, backstabbing hosebeast i can be.

intelligence + tenacity + creativity = success.
Old 07.09.2008, 11:36 PM   #619
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Haha. I wish I had the tenacity. I've about given up on that for myself, but I still try. I think I waited to long to get serious about it. Everyone I know is all college and stuff, now. Business majors. Fuck that. The only guy I've played with who went in the right direction disappeared off the face of the planet. For all know he's dead.
Old 07.09.2008, 11:42 PM   #620
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

http://www.elbertwade.com/page105.html

speaking of tenacity.
if this doesn't describe me perfectly. i don't know what would. jeebus.
282930 31 3233344181 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth