Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.25.2013, 04:44 PM   #761
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Yes I have actually, and its NOT up my alley. I don't like the flow, I don't like the guy's voice, I don't like the beats, I don't like the lyrics, and I don't like the guys personality. Its 100% meh for me. Sure he is from Compton, yeah he rapped with e-40, but that didn't make me like A$AP Mob neither (the e-40 approval, not the Compton part). e-40 can dig what he wants, but I ain't got to like it. With that 40-water approval, I can't diss Kendrick's character as a rapper, but I don't got to like his rap.

Quote:
"I wish MOB music would have just stuck around, I'm probably the only one still doing it." e-40

I understand there are stylistic differences between Kanye and Kendrick, but these are not substantive. For all intents and purposes, those dudes are the same shit different toilet. That is just my opinion, and again, I am pretty much a curmudgeon about music I don't like

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2013, 07:34 PM   #762
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
@suchfriends: you didn't like the shit he did with Game?

@louder: I'll download Dedication 5 day one. Can't help it.

@sev: Kendrick is the shit, and poised for the top.

Earl is to stay slightly below surface, like MF. I hate to say it, but Earl is delivering what Tyler wants to (lyrically). Tyler is MF on beats, but Earl is above and beyond lyrics. The two just need to make that duo record.

@suchfriends (again): A$AP MOB is legit. Rocky is fire. His flow is unreal.
Old 08.25.2013, 11:54 PM   #763
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Eminem just announced his new album titled "MMLP2", new single is out Tuesday.

watch the trailers here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SBDfRdz6yGI
https://youtube.com/watch?v=peMSWg94ZwY

apparently the album is exec produced by Dr. Dre & Rick Rubin.

MMLP is such a good album. hope this one won't end up sounding like some Linkin Park shit.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2013, 06:40 AM   #764
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
"rappers like Kendrick Lamar or Kanye West"? they're nothing alike! haha.

Yeah, true. Nothing alike at all. Kanye is a pop star, who usually chooses to rap, but isn't strictly a rapper. He's hip-hop, but he's become too varied in his sound to be strictly labeled a rapper.

Kendrick is a rapper, and his rap comes from a completely different place than Kanye's. not to beat a dead horse or anything, but seriously nothing alike.

I thought you'd dig Kendrick, SFAD. He's clearly a disciple of west coast hip hop, and you can hear the cadence of early Bone Thugs in his flow. So, what da deal is?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2013, 07:11 AM   #765
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
JT killed it @ the VMA's.

awful contest though.

first of all, why the hell wasn't Tyler's IFHY chosen for hip-hop video of the year?

secondly, i wish they picked actual talented pop singers like Grimes, Janelle, M.I.A, Fiona Apple, etc instead of sluts who need to show off their body so people would pay attention to their songs.

also, Macklemore seems to be stealing Em's spot as the rapper that the mainstream (aka normal people who don't listen to hip-hop) love.
Old 08.26.2013, 07:19 AM   #766
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I cannot seem to get into that Macklemore guy.
Old 08.26.2013, 07:36 AM   #767
louder
invito al cielo

i don't know, never gave him a chance.
Old 08.26.2013, 11:22 AM   #768
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

I thought you'd dig Kendrick, SFAD. He's clearly a disciple of west coast hip hop, and you can hear the cadence of early Bone Thugs in his flow. So, what da deal is?

No, he just comes from Compton and the west coast, but his beats and flow do not have that sound. They sound more like that typical post-crunk late 2000s rap that I don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
SUchfriends, you should give his album tracks a try.

Did. Ain't feeling it. Y'all should know, just because I'm a curmudgeon doesn't mean I'm self-censored. I check out most new music and artists, I just don't like a lot of what I hear. However, not liking it is very different from never giving it a chance.

Old 08.26.2013, 11:27 AM   #769
louder
invito al cielo

how about this joint? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10yrPDf92hY
Old 08.26.2013, 11:38 AM   #770
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

secondly, i wish they picked actual talented pop singers like Grimes, Janelle, M.I.A, Fiona Apple, etc instead of sluts who need to show off their body so people would pay attention to their songs.

A Janelle Monae performance at the highly-choreographed MTV VMA format would simply shatter and destroy all that bullshit that dominates MTV. It would be suicide for MTV to put such fantastic art showcased juxtaposition to the tripe that masqurades as music at the MTV VMAs. They gave her and Eykah an award simply to pacify the reality that SHE is exactly what MTV is missing (from its early 1990s art music videos and insanely elaborate performances.

Quote:

MC Eiht is ripping it up on that track, and it gets me totally nostalgic for MC Eiht who I loved back in the 1990s, but the beats are too crunk for me, that is NOT west coast UNTIL those two breaks with MC Eiht in the middle. I just can't STAND Kendrick's voice and delivery, on that track he sounded shaky like a pubescent boy going through a voice change

By the way, Eiht gave a shout out to the blocks I live on!!

Old 08.26.2013, 12:05 PM   #771
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Who the fuck told Robin Thicke to dress like Beatlejuice? I mean seriously, the novelty of him dressed like Beatlejuice being twerked by an awkward looking Miley is so laughable that it seems like something fabricated as satire on Family Guy. Its like, you can't even MAKE UP shit that fucking funny. I can't believe that either of them remotely wanted to be taken seriously afterwards.

And Billy Ray must be thinking, shit, THIS is the kind of douche bag that can lure my daughter into making an absolute fool of herself on live television? I think Billy Ray was TEN TIMES the fucking beafcake heart throb this douche is. Robin Thicke looks like if Morrissey morphed into Ricky Martin. Fucking bunch of lamez!

Old 08.26.2013, 02:55 PM   #772
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Who the fuck told Robin Thicke to dress like Beatlejuice? I mean seriously, the novelty of him dressed like Beatlejuice being twerked by an awkward looking Miley is so laughable that it seems like something fabricated as satire on Family Guy. Its like, you can't even MAKE UP shit that fucking funny. I can't believe that either of them remotely wanted to be taken seriously afterwards.

And Billy Ray must be thinking, shit, THIS is the kind of douche bag that can lure my daughter into making an absolute fool of herself on live television? I think Billy Ray was TEN TIMES the fucking beafcake heart throb this douche is. Robin Thicke looks like if Morrissey morphed into Ricky Martin. Fucking bunch of lamez!
LOL.

everything you've said about Janelle/MTV in the above post is so true as well.
Old 08.26.2013, 03:09 PM   #773
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Yea hot off the press!!
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2013, 07:06 PM   #774
chocolate_ladyland
children of satan

chocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asses
so Eminem is releasing a new album?

chocolate_ladyland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 12:52 AM   #775
louder
invito al cielo

yeah, new single is out now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=359na4NeaVA

the prod has an oldskool vibe that's reminiscent of the Beastie Boys. don't know how much i dig Em's vocals on the track though.

i guess the album really has nothing to do with the first MMLP, just a gimmick. Em is gonna sell a ton again huh, good for him.

EDIT: ok i just listened again and i dont like it at all, fuck it this is garbage!
Old 08.27.2013, 06:45 AM   #776
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
What's twerking?

And while we're on be subject of things I'm apparently too old to know about,
Who the fuck is Jerome, why is he in the house, and why the hell should I watch my mouth because of it?

I know nothing of this Kardashian American era. It's like living in a foreign land. I didn't even know VMA's were still a thing!

... Edit: Kanye performed? How'd our boy do? I don't want to watch one of my favorite artists degrade himself with an MTV-affiliated performance.

Also, who's Robin Thicke?

I'll bet Nine Inch Nails killed it. I might be listening to their new album right this moment. *Might* be.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 10:26 AM   #777
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Robin THicke seems to be this fellow who i lazily thought was Ferrell and has a song with a cowbell and what soounds like a micheal jackson "ohh" sample that ironicly overshadowed Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" as the song of the summer.
Thicke is getting sued by Marvin Gaye's family for stealing the song, he offered them a six-figure settlement and they declined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
What's twerking?

And while we're on be subject of things I'm apparently too old to know about,
Who the fuck is Jerome, why is he in the house, and why the hell should I watch my mouth because of it?

I know nothing of this Kardashian American era. It's like living in a foreign land. I didn't even know VMA's were still a thing!

... Edit: Kanye performed? How'd our boy do? I don't want to watch one of my favorite artists degrade himself with an MTV-affiliated performance.

Also, who's Robin Thicke?

I'll bet Nine Inch Nails killed it. I might be listening to their new album right this moment. *Might* be.
lol yeah, Kanye did Blood on the Leaves. it was cool but censored so i couldn't hear half of his rhymes.
Old 08.27.2013, 10:31 AM   #778
louder
invito al cielo

last year's VMA's were so much better simply cuz Tyler won an award. seeing him on stage while his mother was freaking out was so epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAIeW_4hu0w
Old 08.27.2013, 10:39 PM   #779
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

By the way, if y'all wanted a concise definition of 1989-1992 West Coast beats, THIS is it. It seems inspired by this classic 1991 NWA track

Old 08.27.2013, 10:42 PM   #780
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
By the way, if y'all wanted a concise definition of 1989-1992 West Coast beats, THIS is it. It seems inspired by this classic 1991 NWA track

This is the most underrated West Coast album of all time. That spooky Tupac Makavel/Bone Thugz/E-40 Element of Surprise/Luniz/GraveDiggaz/Dr Dooom dark gothic rap was all inspired by this record. Plus, unlike the previous NWA records, this one is most authentically representative of the low-life, street experience. We used to bump the SHIT out of this record posted up on the block in the mid-1990s.. Its the pioner LA record..

363738 39 40414249 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth