Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page So my years of this board have finally bore fruit
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.12.2006, 02:00 PM   #1
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
There was a cd giveaway in the features section todat asking "first person to describe and/or explain the title of Sonic Youth's new album "the destroyed room' will win a free cd."
And boy did I win with a story of J Masics having dirty rooms, as well as It being a dirty era b-side and that the cover picture has to do with the title too.

I don't know what cd I'll get from this--the guy told me to give a list of "more or less current CDs I want" so I just included destroyed room and some things from this year like the my morning jacket live album and the thermals cd. Which I don't if he;ll have- I haven't kept too up in the music scene this year.

Any suggestions if those don't pull thru?
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 02:07 PM   #2
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Duran Duran's debut CD.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 02:15 PM   #3
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
nice going!! If you don't have "Altar" by Boris and Sunn0))) you should check that out
Old 12.12.2006, 02:30 PM   #4
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I considered putting that on there--- but considering the run of cds normally listed on there (shit like van morrison 2006!) I thought the thermals were a long enough shot.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Old 12.13.2006, 06:07 AM   #5
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
get the Supersilent DVD. I bought it yesterday and it's fucking ace.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 12.13.2006, 01:00 PM   #6
hey alex
the end of the ugly

is that the lee and his wife dvd?

He said he couldn;t give up what i asked for, because he wanted to keep them, but he'd make it up in quantity--so sweetness to hit my mailbox soon. Making that and some decent green finds the only good thing happened yesterday---i swear I had my own goddamn personal rain cloud foloowing me all day thru a speeding ticket and losing my wallet (which i did manage to find---a sliver lining has a touch of gray)/

Old 12.13.2006, 01:17 PM   #7
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
is that the lee and his wife dvd?

He said he couldn;t give up what i asked for, because he wanted to keep them, but he'd make it up in quantity--so sweetness to hit my mailbox soon. Making that and some decent green finds the only good thing happened yesterday---i swear I had my own goddamn personal rain cloud foloowing me all day thru a speeding ticket and losing my wallet (which i did manage to find---a sliver lining has a touch of gray)/

nope, supersilent is a norwegian improv/ambient band

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 12.13.2006, 01:22 PM   #8
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
who would want that my morning jacket live album?
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 01:49 PM   #9
hey alex
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
nope, supersilent is a norwegian improv/ambient band
ahh

[quote=who would want that my morning jacket live album?]
Because they're from my hometown, as is the newspaper, and I figured they'd probably have a few extra copies. Plus i was going for recent and that wa slike 2months ago.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth