Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Neutral Mlik Hotel Boxset!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.02.2011, 03:13 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
After crawling out of a cave for a decade Jeff Mangum is finally getting really active again with NMH. Besides the tour, which I can't wait to see him on he's also releaseing a vinyl only box set on Nov 11 details below.

The vinyl-only box set, which he’s releasing 11/22, includes the albums In The Aeroplane Over The Sea and On Avery Island, the EP Everything Is, and the unreleased-songs EP Ferris Wheel On Fire. You’ll also get some 7″ singles: One featuring unreleased versions of “You’ve Passed” and “Where You’ll Find Me Now,” one picture disc with “Holland, 1945,” and one with unreleased and live versions of “Little Birds.” There’s also two posters. That’s a whole lot of Neutral Milk Hotel (15 unreleased tracks!), and we’ve got the tracklist below, a stream of the unreleased song “Oh Sister,” a live video of the unreleased song “Ferris Wheel on Fire,” and some other NMH news.
So about those 15 unreleased tracks?

Mangum will also sell them on Bandcamp starting 11/22, using a pay-what-you-want model. “Oh Sister” and “Ferris Wheel On Fire,” are streaming at his site, or at least they will be once it stops crashing from all the traffic. And Mangum is also selling original drawings for $15 a pop.

Neutral Milk Hotel box set:
On Avery Island:
01 “Song Against Sex”
02 “You’ve Passed”
03 “Someone Is Waiting”
04 “A Baby For Pree”
05 “Marching Theme”
06 “Where You’ll Find Me Now”
07 “Avery Island/April 1st”
08 “Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone”
09 “Three Peaches”
10 “Naomi”
11 “April 8th”
12 “Pree-Sisters Swallowing a Donkey’s Eye”

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
:
01 “The King of Carrot Flowers Pt 1″
02 “The King of Carrot Flowers Pts 2 & 3″
03 “In The Aeroplane Over The Sea”
04 “Two-Headed Boy”
05 “The Fool”
06 “Holland, 1945″
07 “Communist Daughter”
08 “Oh Comely”
09 “Ghost”
10 “Untitled”
11 “Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2″

Everything Is:
01 “Everything Is”
02 “Here We Are (For W. Cullen Hart)”
03 “Unborn”
04 “Tuesday Moon”
05 “Ruby Bulbs”
06 “Snow Song, Pt. 1″
07 “Aunt Eggma Blowtorch”

Ferris Wheel On Fire:
01 “Oh Sister”
02 “Ferris Wheel On Fire”
03 “Home”
04 “April 8th”
05 “I Will Bury You In Time”
06 “Engine”
07 “A Baby For Pree/Glow Into You”
08 “My Dream Girl Don’t Exist”
“Holland, 1945″ 7″:
01 “Holland, 1945″
02 “Engine”

“You’ve Passed”/”Where You’ll Find Me Now” 7″:
01 “You’ve Passed”
02 “Where You’ll Find Me Now”

“Little Birds” 7″
01 “Little Birds” (Studio)
02 “Little Birds” (Live)
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I'm most excited for the Ferris Wheel on Fire stuff, personally.

Should be some really good stuff mixed in there. I seem to recall Engine being a really awesome song as well....

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2011, 11:17 PM   #3
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Cool, interesting I just bought avery and aeroplane on vinyl recently, and also ordered that major organ and the adding machine record.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2011, 11:00 AM   #4
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
can you tell me about this tour?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth