Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I'm glad keys are back in guitar-rock music..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.29.2011, 01:39 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Its nice to hear keys beginning to play a more fundamental role in guitar-rock music these days, ever since the 90s grunge era pushed edge and feedback into the mainstream and pushed keys and structured melodies out.

I'm a deadhead and a reggae musician so you know keys are important to me, and really a good keys player is the hardest link to find in a good dance music group like that, the keys holds down the foundation rhythm so that the guitars can have more fun on leads and fills without affecting the overall composition.

So I was listening to wildflag bootlegs and reminescing bout the show in November when I realized part of what I like so much in this group is the keys, it is so perfect. Then I reflected and realized that while I adore Shannon Wright for her underground piano work, the piano has come back in a big way amongst good guitar-rock, both in the indy scene and the mainstream.

I say lets keep bringing it back yo, more keys please!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth