Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Trees outside the academy leak
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.03.2007, 12:15 PM   #101
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i've listened to it once, haven't really gotten into it yet.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 01:20 PM   #102
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
aww, i like Psychic Heart's much better so far.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 02:31 PM   #103
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
it takes balls to admit to pirating somebody's music on their own site.

you guys are fucking lucky Thurston doesn't use your IP's to get his money.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 04:24 PM   #104
musicfallinglikesnow
stalker

musicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
You've forgotten to mention the risk (likelihood, even) that, if you buy online, the package may never even reach you.

Yeah, likelihood even.

musicfallinglikesnow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2007, 07:30 AM   #105
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
What I'm trying to say here is that the anticipation for the album is part of the fun. Just like sex.

On a serious note I think that any Thurston/Sonic Youth fan should buy it even if it just to support Ecstatic Peace. I'm going to buy it as a birthday gift to some of my friends.

I was waiting for those songs with a crazy impatience, and the pleasure I've had listening to them these last days will definitely not spoil the joy I'll feel receiving the cd I'll order, and putting it on my player.

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 05:32 AM   #106
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
what i think is funny about all these people freaking out about it leaking is that its all theyve talked about. at least myself and i dont remember any others who got it talked about anything except the music. which is what this thread was intended to be. not some million year old debate about downloading. as for him approving of it and for what its worth when i talked to steve in march he said for all he knew they would just email the next album. personally i think every single reason given to not hear it are completely arbitrary but hey thats your opinion. just like its mine to listen to one of the greatest songwriters of our time as soon as i can. omg i heard most of these songs live in march i listened to a leaked album!! srsly whats the difference when you strip away all the pseudo-morals? and could someone please explain to me how this is not exceptional promotion?
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 08:00 AM   #107
real_inhuman
empty page

real_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant futurereal_inhuman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmhouse
i finish work in 15 minutes and i can't wait to get back and hear thurston's new songs again . . . i'm at that point where i've probably listened to the whole about 10 times and i bloody love it.

i do not feel guilty about downloading it.

in fact i couldn't help myself from downloading it.

Thurston has done this to me. If he wasn't so good at what he does i wouldn't give two shits about this album leaking . . . and i'm sure it wouldn't have leaked.

Yeah, i'm greedy and impatient, so what? i'm a westerner, i'm a victim like the rest of us . . .

this doesn't mean i won't buy it when it comes out!

and it doesn't mean that i commend that cunt who leaked it in the first place!
that's it, i just couldn't help myself to dowload it.
real_inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 08:01 AM   #108
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
How is leaking an entire album promotion? Just throwing it out there, as to what, promoting the actual ALBUM in September? That's like saying releasing the album in June to promote the release in September or something along those lines. The 'real' promotion is at Ecstatic Peace dot com where teasers of some songs are meant as promoting the ENTIRE album like they are doing with the new MM album.

Oh and I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind sending there next album through mail, although he wouldn't be happy I suppose when someone else mailed it three months before he intended to.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 01:27 PM   #109
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
i just do not understand this AT ALL. if someone wants to still "buy music" lmfao, then theyre gonna do it regardless. i just honestly do not understand how people talking about how great this album is which does nothing except build anticipation does NOT promote it. i kinda feel like we're already going in circles here but how is this different than sending advance copies to magazines etc? yeah i understand about promoting the "actual album" in september but then youve already lost time whether its weeks or whatever. this way it HEAVILY in my opinion, promotes advance/reserve copy buying plus at the very least hitting the ground running fast. sure teasers promote the album too but not very well at all of course when compared to hearing the whole thing. again i insist if people are still gonna buy music rotflmfao then they are gonna do it anyways regardless of having downloaded it for free.
Old 07.05.2007, 02:18 PM   #110
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses

on the subject of the music... im really loving this album big time!
Old 07.05.2007, 02:43 PM   #111
Androol
the destroyed room

your post is perfect in every way
Old 07.05.2007, 03:25 PM   #112
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
It's all about anticipation I guess. It's simply about making a record, putting time, efford, HEART into it, deciing on a release date as the best moment in the artists vision of sending the SOUNDZ out!!! Promtional copies meant for magazines yet not widely spread/distributed (how it SHOULD work).

To PAULYBEE: I know what you're saying but we still ain't talking hometaping/downloading ---- we're talking leaking!!! I have no problem with downloading the album/ or copying it when it's RELEASED.

This is the first time I ever went into discussion about a topic since the earliest sonic board, I'll leave it at this: I'm glad your enjoying the record, no doubt it's awesome -- will let you know in September xxxx love to all!!!

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 03:28 PM   #113
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Can I just mention that if I ever invite any of you to dinner at my place and I find you picking at the food before I'm ready to serve it at the table, I won't be at all happy and you won't be invited back.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 08:10 PM   #114
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by akesin
Our plan to "defend" the leaking of the download and encourage people to buy a record they already have on September 18? A turbo killer "must have" package of Thurston goodness that everyone will need. Simple right?

i'm guessing a silkscreened & letterpressed lysol-scented insert card, like the perfume promo cards in fashion mags, individually sprayed by thuston himself. has anyone done a scented album yet? t-dog, you could be the first! and get lysol to sponsor it; post-geffen/universal money woes goodbye! and/or a coupon for a individualized custom mixtape from the The Royal Tuff Titty.

in all seriousness, i like the teasers, don't feel compelled to download, and enjoying the anticipation/suffering/religious guilt. okay maybe not the religious guilt part. i think THIS IS the acoustic SY album that everyone in the "next SY album" thread wants to hear (myself among them)...
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 10:24 PM   #115
musicfallinglikesnow
stalker

musicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Can I just mention that if I ever invite any of you to dinner at my place and I find you picking at the food before I'm ready to serve it at the table, I won't be at all happy and you won't be invited back.

You must spread some reputation around...

musicfallinglikesnow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 04:26 AM   #116
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
i'm guessing a silkscreened & letterpressed lysol-scented insert card, like the perfume promo cards in fashion mags, individually sprayed by thuston himself. has anyone done a scented album yet? t-dog, you could be the first! and get lysol to sponsor it; post-geffen/universal money woes goodbye! and/or a coupon for a individualized custom mixtape from the The Royal Tuff Titty.
I know you're joking around and all, but Cathedral's initial US release for The Garden of Unearthly Delights had a print of an apple on the actual CD, and when the CD would heat up, it would create the smell of apples in the room.
vulva is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 01:51 PM   #117
Androol
the destroyed room

Quote:
i'm guessing a silkscreened & letterpressed lysol-scented insert card,

haha thats an awesome idea
Old 07.06.2007, 02:18 PM   #118
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulva
I know you're joking around and all, but Cathedral's initial US release for The Garden of Unearthly Delights had a print of an apple on the actual CD, and when the CD would heat up, it would create the smell of apples in the room.

do you mean heating up in the player? i never thought about that, i guess they would get warm in there...

imagining thurston doing tv spots for lysol, comparing and contrasting wood floors cleaned by competing brands...
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 09:28 PM   #119
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
do you mean heating up in the player? i never thought about that, i guess they would get warm in there...
yeah, when I first put the album on, I kept wondering why the fuck my family was cooking apples up. I always love when bands put an extra touch like that to their releases.
vulva is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 11:02 PM   #120
Androol
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
acoustic it may be, winner's blues greatness it ain't. i'd like some noise and lots of it.
i dont know i thought this album had a lot of noise for what it was

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth