Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page which album is yr spring album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.04.2008, 11:50 PM   #21
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I too am curious as to why people are limiting this thread to SY albums exclusively. I don't generally associate one specific album with a season, it's always a number of albums that happen to compliment the season. This summer I've been listening to a lot of Vashti Bunyan and Leonard Cohen's "Songs of Leonard Cohen". Last fall was a lot of Thurston's "Trees Outside the Academy" and winter was too long to list one or two albums to
Old 05.04.2008, 11:57 PM   #22
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I too am curious as to why people are limiting this thread to SY albums exclusively. I don't generally associate one specific album with a season, it's always a number of albums that happen to compliment the season. This summer I've been listening to a lot of Vashti Bunyan and Leonard Cohen's "Songs of Leonard Cohen". Last fall was a lot of Thurston's "Trees Outside the Academy" and winter was too long to list one or two albums to

They're limiting their choices to Sonic Youth because this is the Sonic Youth forum. If the question had been asked in the Non-Sonic Sounds forum, then people would be listing other artists.

I'd actually go with the self-titled first release. I associate most of their albums with either summer or fall, but I think that's when most of them came out or when I saw them on tour most. The first record I never saw them tour for, and I listened to it a lot in my first go at college in the spring, back in '85-86.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2008, 12:09 AM   #23
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
They're limiting their choices to Sonic Youth because this is the Sonic Youth forum. If the question had been asked in the Non-Sonic Sounds forum, then people would be listing other artists.

Aahh thanks for the heads-up. I use the "New Posts" button and often forget the forum is divided into sections
Old 05.05.2008, 02:06 AM   #24
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I really don't have a spring SY album. I have summer and winter but that's it.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth