Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM   #18761
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Santana was fried on Orange Sunshine LSD during that woodstock set. It rules

Ritchie Havens rules too in that. he wakes everyone the fuck up

I'm on TEAM KIM
Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM   #18762
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Santana was fried on Orange Sunshine LSD during that woodstock set. It rules

yeah, i've seen interviews with him where he was saying he'd see a snake wrapping around him or coming out of his guitar or something-- but the whole band was fucking tremendous-- drums, keyboards, timbales, congas, etc.

comparing to hendrix in that show, hendrix is a better guitarist but his musicians are acolytes in the background, whereas santana is a collective clusterfuck that just blows everyone to pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Ritchie Havens rules too in that. he wakes everyone the fuck up

joan baez put me to sleep though ha ha.

i didn't dislike the protest songs, just too much vibrato and squealing.

but it was good that there were those people out there back then-- organizing, getting jailed, etc.

nowadays nobody gives a shit about much.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #18763
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

watched this while chillin on Sunday. Meh. 5/10 It was cool at times, and dull at times.

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #18764
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah, i've seen interviews with him where he was saying he'd see a snake wrapping around him or coming out of his guitar or something-- but the whole band was fucking tremendous-- drums, keyboards, timbales, congas, etc.

comparing to hendrix in that show, hendrix is a better guitarist but his musicians are acolytes in the background, whereas santana is a collective clusterfuck that just blows everyone to pieces.

joan baez put me to sleep though ha ha.

i didn't dislike the protest songs, just too much vibrato and squealing.

but it was good that there were those people out there back then-- organizing, getting jailed, etc.

nowadays nobody gives a shit about much.

I FUCKING HATE that Baez bullshit. Horrible horrible set of songs.

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM   #18765
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh that 2nd thor one was pretty terrible.

baez's first song was about this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hill

and the lyrics are pretty good-- they mean something:

http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/son...hilldream.html

i do hate her slow howling though

swiiiiiiiing looooOoooOoooOoooow

ugh!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #18766
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

Its just cuz the sound guy was shit and the mix down overly focused on Jimi.. Larry Lee actually played some great guitar on that but they muted it on the soundboard recordings however when you listen carefully he is there consistently. Indeed i always found it odd that Jimi didn't decide to keep a secon guitar player because i.always felt like Woodstock is Hendrix's best performance precisely because he had a rhythm guitar player to jam with. Its not even a cliche, i have dozens of Hendrix live recordings and his lead work is possibly the most creative and explorative in that performance and i always felt like it was cuz of Larry Lee being there. Also, they purposely cut out Juma's bongos because well, dude was going a bit too off on them.. Billy Cox on bass is holding it down like Noel never could, i always preferred Billy to Noel

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #18767
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

No one will ever out spazdrum Mitch Mitchell though!!!!!

I'm on TEAM KIM
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #18768
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Yes this is true.. Mitch actually is a terrible drummer in the conventional sense, buddy miles was the superior tactician, but Mitch was better at "following " Jimi the way say Bill Ward could follow Tony Iommi so it always was a better fit. I think the best Hendrix line up was Billy Jimi Mitch

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
839889929936937938 939
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth