Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2018, 07:07 PM   #9381
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Bale's goal was just *kisses finger tips* that's one spicy meat a-ball-a

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2018, 08:39 PM   #9382
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Bale's goal was just *kisses finger tips* that's one spicy meat a-ball-a
yeah that was amazing

if we could only compare him to salah it would have been even better
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2018, 02:07 AM   #9383
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I'm actually torn between thinking Karius' mistakes were hilarious and feeling really bad for. One thing-it was fucking awful that not a single Liverpool player went up to him at the end of the game. Talk about kicking him whilst he's down.

Old 05.27.2018, 02:11 AM   #9384
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Anyone who says Ramos deliberately injured Salah need to get their eyes tested. Salah was the one who had his arm wrapped around Ramos'. Real sad for him though.

Old 05.27.2018, 02:31 AM   #9385
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't say he deliberately injured him but it did look like he made him fall in a way that'd likely hurt him. I don't really have a problem with it but let's not pretend it was any other way. I love Ramos but he is what he is.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2018, 07:39 AM   #9386
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Non. Salah had his armed wrapped around Ramos. Ramos may have carried it through but he wasn't his fault.

Anyway, great game with pretty much everything you'd want. Certainly one of the better finals from the last few years.

Old 05.27.2018, 08:13 AM   #9387
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Salah's position makes it physically impossible for him to wrap his arm around Ramos. His arm is outstretched to obstruct Ramos but it's Ramos who gets it into a lock. No problem with either at that stage but Ramos should've let go when they both went down.
Old 05.27.2018, 09:27 AM   #9388
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Non. Salah had his armed wrapped around Ramos. Ramos may have carried it through but he wasn't his fault.

lmao— massive denial. don’t even. please.

you know ramos and what he does. his dive for the yellow card was more of the same. he also did that to cuadrado last year if you recall. he’s a great defender and also a filthy motherfucker. he got away with murder yesterday.

sure he maybe didn’t aim at that particular result but he did absolutely intend that jiu-jitsu maneuver

speaking of predictions earlier, this was michael cox’s prediction before the game

I reckon Liverpool will dominate the start of the two halves, Real will dominate the later periods, and Sergio Ramos will get booked for a remarkably cynical foul. No idea about the score...

spot on except for the getting booked part.

Quote:
Anyway, great game with pretty much everything you'd want. Certainly one of the better finals from the last few years.
not really great when you kill the competition that way. i didn’t want the best player sent out with a dislocated shoulder. the game certainly was diminished after that. that taints the whole game in spite of bale’s amazing fireworks. what that game could have been we’ll never know.
Old 05.27.2018, 11:58 AM   #9389
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

If you're left wondering what-if cos they're lost one player then I'm sorry but that team doesn't deserve to win. Fact is, the team is only as strong as their weakest link and that was Karius.

Firmino was completely shut out of the game, midfield totally overrun after 20 minutes. Defence left panicking after the first goal about Karius.
Put this way, if it had been any star player in Real Madrid, say Ronaldo, or Ramos who had to be taken off would you have thought "damn, they're fucked now". No you wouldn't cos you know their bench and the rest of the squad is good enough to cope. In fact Ronaldo was poor but they coped. If Salah HAD stayed on and was poor they'd never have done it. That's the problem when you rely on one player too much. It's happened throughout history and last night was another example.

They lost Salah. That should have spurred the rest of the team to say "let's do this". Only Mane did. The rest dropped back and panicked.

And we'll ignore that it was Salah's other arm that got dislocated, not the one Ramos had hold of

Old 05.27.2018, 12:00 PM   #9390
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

People can moan about Ramos all they want but they'd kill for that super sexy bastard to be in their team. And in fact most big teams do have their own version.

Old 05.27.2018, 12:18 PM   #9391
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yeah it was the other arm because he was spun around and slammed to the ground like a slingshot. most people are stupid and don’t get physics or anatomy so yeah they complain about the wrong arm. that’s not me though. the shoulder wasn’t yanked out of the socket, it was crushed in.

and yes most teams have their version of ramos and he’s the worst/the best at it. im giving the guy his due— he is the best centerback around these days. just go a few pages up this thread and see what i wrote about him on the game vs bayern. but that doesn’t mean he didn’t ruin the competitiveness of the match yesterday with unfair play.

yes, relying too much on a player is a problem. i agree it’s a fragile situation. real have ronaldo and benzine for starters and then bring bale from the bench— ridiculous depth. yes.

madrid had the better chances all along and that was reflected on your betting odds, so ultimately no surprise there, but it’s a pity that things had to be tainted like this instead of having us a fair contest that madrid could have won *anyway*, just in fairer fashion and likely on overtime.
Old 05.27.2018, 12:27 PM   #9392
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

anyway, speaking of pacts with the devil and spanish witchcraft, eerily similar events: robben and salah out injured early in crucial games, tolisso-ulreich vs benzema -> karius vs benzema, cronaldo and bale bicicyle kicks, this is too odd to be coincidence and clearly the work of the lord of the flies, who clearly has the best tunes.
Old 05.27.2018, 02:48 PM   #9393
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
People can moan about Ramos all they want but they'd kill for that super sexy bastard to be in their team. And in fact most big teams do have their own version.

I would take the Ramos who is always up for the big game, and is a real leader of men. I'll even take the Ramos who'll bend the rules to gain an advantage, but while I don't think he literally intended to dislocate Salah's shoulder, I do think he wanted to hurt him, and wasn't that bothered if he dislocated his arm while doing it. That Ramos I'm not so cool with. But I acknowledge it's always a fine line with players like that. Basically I'm a fan but when he crosses the line he crosses the line.
Old 05.27.2018, 02:51 PM   #9394
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
anyway, speaking of pacts with the devil and spanish witchcraft, eerily similar events: robben and salah out injured early in crucial games, tolisso-ulreich vs benzema -> karius vs benzema, cronaldo and bale bicicyle kicks, this is too odd to be coincidence and clearly the work of the lord of the flies, who clearly has the best tunes.

Old 05.27.2018, 05:01 PM   #9395
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

this is him when he was a kid

Old 05.31.2018, 08:42 AM   #9396
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

zidane quitting real— what the shit?
Old 05.31.2018, 10:43 AM   #9397
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Zidane has left the building! Totally understand why tbh. He did what nobody thought was possible in the modern era.
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I'm toally expecing Sev to burst in here wetting himself after that quote.

In Everton related news they've signed Marco Silva as manager. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

Old 05.31.2018, 03:25 PM   #9398
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Zidane has left the building! Totally understand why tbh. He did what nobody thought was possible in the modern era.
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I'm toally expecing Sev to burst in here wetting himself after that quote.

In Everton related news they've signed Marco Silva as manager. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

Did you ever get the feeling that the footballing world (by which I really mean journalists) never took him seriously as a manager, almost considering him like a caretaker manager while at Real.

Silva's a risk but at least Everton are looking forward. I'm glad WH got Pellegrini but however well they do with him I can't see him staying for more than a couple of seasons. Who would you have preferred?
Old 06.01.2018, 11:34 AM   #9399
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Absolutely. Thing is, his rise is no different to Guardiola's. First team they managed was the B teams and then they were given the big job soon after. Yet, Guardiola was seen as the messiah and yet, as you said, Zidane never really got the plaudits even though he's done what no one thought would be possible in the modern era. The fact that people are saying "yeah, yeah, but are they are they a great team" shows how many idiots there are watching football.

Having said that, does Zidane care what they say? Probably not.

Honestly Pellegrini would have been someone I'd have loved Everton to get. That said, I understand what the chairman Moshiri is trying to do. Trying to get the young manager who's gonna start a revolution at Everton (cringe) but Silva? Nah. I'll be behind him 100% though. I'm certainly willing to give him time. I give it til Christmas before Arsenal fans are quietly grumbling Emery, and Everton fans doing the same about Silva.

Old 06.01.2018, 12:01 PM   #9400
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

FANTASY LEAGUE IS UPPPPP!!

https://fantasy.pre.fifa.com/en/leag...374C59484F5A50

Got one started so if you wanna join this one. Come one and all and play!

Ive actually no idea why you can't pick players from any team and not the 5 we have. Anyone?

420460467468469 470 471472473480520570 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth