Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Dawn of the Deaf...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2009, 07:20 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Thought yall might like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1AvlAMwF6I&feature=PlayList&p=91FDE84E5A0 F0331&index=0&playnext=1

"Dawn of the Deaf deals with the beauty of infernal sonic warfare and the pleasure one finds in getting assaulted with cacophonies of sound until one's ears are reduced to a bloody pulp. Fortunately for those who consider said painfull assaults the epidome of joy, New York City offers a lot of dark and forbidden fruits in its deep down underground nightlife. One of the fascinating aspects of 'noise' events is the likeliness of young talent sharing the stage with unpretentious established artists who are still, and very well for that matter, connected to current avantgarde affairs. Every so often for example one will find the likes of Thurston Moore or Genesis P-Orridge playing or DJ'ing at those off the beaten path lofts. Mind you, not as the headlining act but an opener or collaborator. It is what I call the beauty of a scene that seems to be above tiresome rockstar cliches. Dawn of the Deaf captured what UN:ART:IG believes to be the most interesting of these moments in recent years.

Featuring:
Ramleh @ Death By Audio '07
Prurient & Thurston Moore @ The Hook '06
Magic Mountain @ Rad Pad '06
Wolf Eyes @ Death By Audio '07
Realicide @ 248 McKibbin '07
Yellow Swans @ Silent Barn '07
John Wiese & C Spencer Yeh @ Silent Barn '07
Black Dice @ Market Hotel '08
Mike Pride's Drummer's Corpse @ Tonic '07
Thee Majesty @ Northsix '06"
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 07:31 PM   #2
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
on that note, who is this mike pride dude? that drummer's corpse video is unfuckingmothercuntlickincocksuckinbelievable.
Old 02.05.2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
So, what's the actual deal with you? Do you submit articles to magazines/ blogs/ fanzines? You should. I get the distinct impression you should be writing for someone. I mean, your writing isn't there yet, but journalism accepts substandard writing (and your writing's already better than most hacks', so don't take that as a dig).

Surely something pitchfork-esque would like your writings? If you come back and say that you haven't sent anything off then I have only one response: stop being a pussy.

Right. I'm going to mentally flag this as another reason why I shouldn't internet when drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 11:20 AM   #4
batreleaser
invito al cielo

im still in school, but ive been writing here and there for the school paper. i really appreciate the comments though. another problem is money. im so broke that its damn near impossible for me to be at the forefront of all the new bands, i have to wait till the stuff shows up online and then ill write on it, most of the time. i look at some of my favorite zines; blastitude, perfect sound forever, and even the smaller ones like detailed twang and cassette gods; its almost intimidating. noise music has made for such interesting music criticism. these people have to listen to hundreds of casettes and eps every week and are still able to come up with such interesting ideas. like larry dolman of blastitude; that guy is seriously almost on the level of people like lester and meltzer. another thing is these people have access to so many records, i don't yet. but maybe if i started writing that would change, i would love free records, means all i would have to worry about was food, alcohol, weed, and whores. but i really love writing extended articles on my favorites; ayler, sun ra, the velvets, beefheart, sun city girls, etc.. I could write about that stuff for days. But I have totally been a pussy, I just use the, "Not enough time" thing as an excuse.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth