Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bands that were way too short lived
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.01.2008, 04:37 AM   #61
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androol
it was better than the last two butthole surfers albums
Butthole Surfers' good stuff was far too short lived.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 06:22 PM   #62
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Two Foot Flame

i really like the LP i have by them

it was a bit of a shame that kurt cobain offed himself as i reckon he'd have continued to make good music, although supposedly nirvana were going to break up.

i would have liked to have heard more from the church mice, although they split up years before i was born.

it's hard to say really, i mean i can think of a few groups who split up before they started to go downhill but who knows if they'd put out another record if it would have been any good?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2008, 10:13 AM   #63
dogbert1016
empty page

dogbert1016 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
i'll try and do it sometime this weekend
There has been a flac file of the tape available on Idolator's blog, however I lack the requisite software to do anything with this file format. I was wondering if the flac version of For Every Wolf that Roams is the file you intended/ had posted? I've been unsuccessfully petitioning Kill Rock Stars to reissue a comprehensive Huggy Bear compilation (I personally am dying to hear the early demos with Matthew Fletcher on drums) and with their being a ubiquitous cultural reference amongst the contemporary British indie bands (see how often Los Campesinos! and Love is All mention or are compared to HB) you would assume that there would be a renewed interest in their material.
dogbert1016 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2008, 02:36 PM   #64
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
coughs
mclusky
huggy bear
slint in their original form
joy division
pink and brown
Old 04.06.2008, 02:53 PM   #65
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbert1016
There has been a flac file of the tape available on Idolator's blog, however I lack the requisite software to do anything with this file format. I was wondering if the flac version of For Every Wolf that Roams is the file you intended/ had posted? I've been unsuccessfully petitioning Kill Rock Stars to reissue a comprehensive Huggy Bear compilation (I personally am dying to hear the early demos with Matthew Fletcher on drums) and with their being a ubiquitous cultural reference amongst the contemporary British indie bands (see how often Los Campesinos! and Love is All mention or are compared to HB) you would assume that there would be a renewed interest in their material.

yeah this looks like my version along with my scan allthough i didn't post it there, winamp will play .flac files as will vlc and foobar, to burn flac's i use burn for free which you can download for free and i agree it would be great to see some early Huggy Bear reissued, i am also working on making a better sounding copy of this tape

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2008, 03:48 PM   #66
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
arab on radar put out a shitload of ep's and full lengths, put on a buncha amazing shows, they broke up at an appropriate time i think, they wernt gettin along anymore.

im not sure if the coughs broke up for sure, but yeah, they definitley have a few great ablums in them if they do.

the amazing thing about no wave is how much impact it had on underground music in such a short period of time, it wouldnt be the same if it went on longer.

when bands break up, its usually for the best. the smartest musicians always no when theyre creative time with certain people is up.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 07:29 PM   #67
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Burnout.

their 7" on Drag City is so fucking good.

I'll add Honor Role and Moss Icon as well.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2008, 08:59 AM   #68
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
COMPUTER COUGAR
If you like angular Wire style punk rockin with short anthemic bursts of rockin, then find their one EP Rough Notes on High Stress

I fucking love it so much.
Old 05.09.2008, 12:19 AM   #69
swimsuitissue
little trouble girl

swimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androol

I totally agree!
11/19/88 Hollywood, CA; 08/017/90 Hollywood, CA; 09/26/92 Castaic Lake, CA; 07/23/00 Los Angeles, CA; 07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/28/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/20/07 Los Angeles, CA

Television: chewing gum for the eyes. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
swimsuitissue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth