Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.29.2017, 05:39 PM   #40201
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you lost me there, see.

a VGA cable is a (subset of?) DB15

same thing as the controller?

and the monitor goes on a printer cable?

this confuses me lol

speaking of mad science... watch out for soldering fumes yo. use lead-free when possible since you're not well-ventilated (basement and all) and if you must use lead take it outside. also watch the rosin.

anyway, i wanna see pictures when you reach the "it's aliiiiiiiiiiive!" stage

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2017, 06:27 PM   #40202
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
yeah, when it comes to Street Fighter, especially 3, I'm definitely a purist. I never thought I would be an ARCADE ONLY FOR TOURNAMENT! person...but it's really hard to go back once you've gotten accustomed to play arcade version. Will I play other versions? Probably, but not competitively.

I really liked Tekken. That's the one where you fight the little old man who turns into a huge beastmode motherfucker right? The original Tekken? Yeah. That was cool shit.

As for SF, I don't think I ever played past SF2. I've never been a big video game guy, but I totally gave up on fighting games when shit like Goldeneye (N64) and Tenchu Stealth Assasssins (PlayStation) came out. Tenchu was a fucking blast. And Goldeneye was just the best bro game ever. My friends and I would spend days shooting one another, imaging we were honing our skills at some special craft. Then other times you'd be right next to someone with a golden gun and you'd shoot and it would not hit them due to some dumbass glitch, and oh man was that infuriating!

Video games make me angry.

I like BioShock. Or... I liked BioShock when I played it, and since then I have watched it become a major world dominating phenomenon, and I've been interested in the little I've been able to glean about the story line and he characters... dead guys with bunny masks and shit. Steampunk nautical horror with robots. Seems cool.

Also I like Coolboarders and 1080°. Yep. Sports games. Oh! And the first Spurs the Dragon.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2017, 09:42 AM   #40203
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you lost me there, see.

a VGA cable is a (subset of?) DB15

same thing as the controller?

and the monitor goes on a printer cable?

this confuses me lol

speaking of mad science... watch out for soldering fumes yo. use lead-free when possible since you're not well-ventilated (basement and all) and if you must use lead take it outside. also watch the rosin.

anyway, i wanna see pictures when you reach the "it's aliiiiiiiiiiive!" stage
With

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/undam...b-decoder.html

I'm not sure what DB15 n stuff are really used for. But that's what these things used.

As for the soldering, I'll definitely take that precaution...though for the sticks, I don't think there will be too much soldering being done. I'm gonna have quick disconnects on the buttons/sticks so I won't have to go through that trouble every time I need to change one.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2017, 09:47 AM   #40204
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
you ever just want to punch someone in the face?

oh hell yes. who doesn't?
Old 03.30.2017, 09:50 AM   #40205
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I really liked Tekken. That's the one where you fight the little old man who turns into a huge beastmode motherfucker right? The original Tekken? Yeah. That was cool shit.

As for SF, I don't think I ever played past SF2. I've never been a big video game guy, but I totally gave up on fighting games when shit like Goldeneye (N64) and Tenchu Stealth Assasssins (PlayStation) came out. Tenchu was a fucking blast. And Goldeneye was just the best bro game ever. My friends and I would spend days shooting one another, imaging we were honing our skills at some special craft. Then other times you'd be right next to someone with a golden gun and you'd shoot and it would not hit them due to some dumbass glitch, and oh man was that infuriating!

Video games make me angry.

I like BioShock. Or... I liked BioShock when I played it, and since then I have watched it become a major world dominating phenomenon, and I've been interested in the little I've been able to glean about the story line and he characters... dead guys with bunny masks and shit. Steampunk nautical horror with robots. Seems cool.

Also I like Coolboarders and 1080°. Yep. Sports games. Oh! And the first Spurs the Dragon.

Not sure if that was Tekken. Sounds like something else. Tekken was 3D.And that game at a competitive level is insanely hard. So much focus on the movement and every character has like 300 moves. Tekken is Korea's game. There's a technique called 'Korean Backdash'. I love video games, but it's so hard to find time for them sometimes. I can barely play single player games because I get too immersed and I have to play it for a few hours. I have like 4 games to beat at the moment and I'm no where near done with the first. This is another reason why I like street fighter, I can play it for 20 minutes and that's it. I don't have to finish any levels or anything. Just whoop some ass and continue figuring out what works and what doesn't. Or just practice inputs/combos for 20 minutes. But I can also play it for 5 hours straight. It's perfect. Also, if you like snowboarding games, please tell me you played SSX.
Old 03.30.2017, 09:51 AM   #40206
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:

Yeah....most of the time it's when I'm driving. Other than that, I'm a pretty patient dood.
Old 03.30.2017, 09:53 AM   #40207
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah....most of the time it's when I'm driving. Other than that, I'm a pretty patient dood.
ha ha ha. don't get tickets, man!

i wanna punch people in the face when they're prejudiced. like the cowboy fucker who asked me how i sneaked into the country. fuck him.
Old 03.30.2017, 11:36 AM   #40208
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Not sure if that was Tekken. Sounds like something else. Tekken was 3D.And that game at a competitive level is insanely hard. So much focus on the movement and every character has like 300 moves. Tekken is Korea's game. There's a technique called 'Korean Backdash'. I love video games, but it's so hard to find time for them sometimes. I can barely play single player games because I get too immersed and I have to play it for a few hours. I have like 4 games to beat at the moment and I'm no where near done with the first. This is another reason why I like street fighter, I can play it for 20 minutes and that's it. I don't have to finish any levels or anything. Just whoop some ass and continue figuring out what works and what doesn't. Or just practice inputs/combos for 20 minutes. But I can also play it for 5 hours straight. It's perfect. Also, if you like snowboarding games, please tell me you played SSX.

Im pretty sure it was Tekken. I looked up "Tekken old man" on Google and found pictures of the dude in mini-old-guy mode and beast mode (big muscular old guy with upward/outward hair).

Hell yes I played SSX. Only the first one though, for PS2. I see there are shitloads more now. But yeah, I loved snowboarding games. I never got into skateboarding games for some reason.

I used to just come home from school, plop myself down with some Aphex Twin or maybe NIN on the discman, and go to town on Coolboarders. I got really fucking good at that game. And Coolboarders 2.
Old 03.30.2017, 02:59 PM   #40209
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
UNFUCKINGBELIVABLE

I decided to book a holiday to Sevilla to get away for a few days. About 10 minutes after booking the flights I realised I'd booked them on the same week both Pharmakon AND Michael Rother were doing gigs. If you asked me to bands I really wanna see that I've not seen yet it'd be them two. Godfuckingdammit. Just...JUST!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2017, 09:33 AM   #40210
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Damn....that sucks. Pharmakon is dope.

EDIT: I haven't seen her live, but I sure as hell want to.
Old 03.31.2017, 09:53 AM   #40211
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

I have! She's rad.

I still hate the Fucking fuck out of the cover of Abandon though. Jesus. Too Fucking disgusting. Did I ever mention that I thought those maggots were pine nuts for the longest time?
Old 03.31.2017, 10:59 AM   #40212
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I know. This is actually the third time I've missed her. She was playing ATP and it ended up clashing with Beak> (who ended up touring about a billion times after that), second time is when she had to cancel the tour cos she pretty much died and now this.

I was actually looking at flying to Paris a couple of days beforehand, but there's no way I can justify the cost.

Old 03.31.2017, 11:04 AM   #40213
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I have! She's rad.

I still hate the Fucking fuck out of the cover of Abandon though. Jesus. Too Fucking disgusting. Did I ever mention that I thought those maggots were pine nuts for the longest time?

The new one isn't much better!

Old 03.31.2017, 11:23 AM   #40214
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Hahaha @Sev pine nuts! Seriously? lol I mean I see it now...
Old 03.31.2017, 07:19 PM   #40215
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Hahaha @Sev pine nuts! Seriously? lol I mean I see it now...

Yep. Thought those were pine nuts pouring out of her crotch (I know they're not really doing that in the pic, but that's the suggestion). Imagine my surprise when I put on my glasses and looked more closely...

Old 03.31.2017, 07:28 PM   #40216
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
The new one isn't much better!

Sure the cover of Contact is still gross, as was the cover of Bestial Burden... gross and unsettling, both... but they do not compare with Abandon. Maggots.... maggots and the explicit suggestion of maggots entering and exiting a woman's nethers.

YOWza. Blarhf. Blarerrrhfaaaaaalloverthefuckingplace!

Seriously disturbing. The new one is just moderator disturbing. Unless there are fucking maggots hidden in THAT one too! Don't tell me there are, bro.

Fuck. I Fucking HATE maggots and my terrible vision and ridiculously bulbous prism lenses. Fuck everything!
Old 04.01.2017, 08:20 AM   #40217
latorami
little trouble girl

latorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
every single second of my life
latorami is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2017, 09:28 AM   #40218
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Ugh. I really want to punch the person who fucking crashed into my car last night. I walked out to leave for work to find my car's bumper in pieces on the drivers side and the whole side of my car just missing a bunch of paint.

OH! This is afwr my girlfriend broke the damn washer too.....AGGHHHH
Old 04.01.2017, 10:14 AM   #40219
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ugh. I really want to punch the person who fucking crashed into my car last night. I walked out to leave for work to find my car's bumper in pieces on the drivers side and the whole side of my car just missing a bunch of paint.

Oh man. That sucks. I suppose it's too much to hope that your company has a private lot with surveillance cameras?

I want to punch several public officials in the face right now. It's been a constant thing for, oh, two-and-a-half months now. For some reason, round about Jan. 20, my urge to punch grew exponentially. It used to just be Drake that I wanted to punch. Now, it's, like... an entire dynasty of fuckwads.
Old 04.01.2017, 10:15 AM   #40220
latorami
little trouble girl

latorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asseslatorami kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

RIP!!
better fix that washer
latorami is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1511191119612001200820092010 2011 201220132014202120612111 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth