Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page ATP festival!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.15.2006, 09:06 AM   #281
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
There was a queue for Sun City. I've never heard Sun City. I love Double Leopards. I factored all these things together...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:07 AM   #282
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone else think the New Blockaders were fucking tremendous?
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:09 AM   #283
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I felt that since I was there I should see/hear a noise act, so I saw TNB. It wasn't my cup of tea.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:12 AM   #284
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Also, if you'd have seen the look on the security guards face (left side speaker) as Tibet started singing... it was priceless (one of the few times in my life I've wished I had a camera).

Actually the security guards reactions to the various sounds going down amused me no end the whole weekend... especially the ones in the Crazy Horse... (my favourite stage)

The best reaction (apart from the common expression of disgust and disbelief which everyone of them seemed to adopt) was during Double Leopards when one security guard caught the attention of another and pretended to tie and pull a noose around his neck... to which the other dourly nodded in complete seriousness.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:15 AM   #285
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i liked the bar staff for their reactions, not the service to the music. during corsano flaherty one of them put his head in his hands and just shouted 'fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkk'. i couldnt stop laughing.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:18 AM   #286
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Re: David Tibet. I thought his vocals at ATP weren't nearly as bad as the records I have heard but I was glad he only sang for about 10 minutes in total. I really liked it when they brought out the bass...I never knew Nurse WIth Wound could get into a groove like that. Bummed I missed Ashtray though.

I am conflicetd about the New Blockaders. At times it was excruciating and I wanted it to end but for about 5-10 minutes in the middle I closed my eyes and it was as if they apocalypse was happening around me and I was actually convinced that when I opened my eyes there would be nothing left. There was though. A similar thing during the Skaters. They sounded pretty much the same as the time I saw them before and I wasn't really engaging with it until I lay down on the floor and drifted off a bit.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:18 AM   #287
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
i'm sure i would have enjoyed more NWW in other conditions. as i wrote, i was on one corner of the big room, near the lighted bar, with my chaletmates who did not seem too interested in the concert (they had just met some friends of theirs and were discussing with them). i could barely see what was going on the stage. well, i learned a lesson: for the following concerts, when i was with them, i would go alone near the stage while they preferred to stay in the back.

my enjoyment of the skaters was largely ruined by the fact that i did not notice they were on stage. i thought they were just playing a tape as introduction just before coming on stage and starting (the few things i have heard from them, seemed to me more noisy or more agressive, less ambient). so i was there, waiting for them to come and thinking "hey, this tape is nice! it will be a great concert!" then the "tape" stopped, and i saw them standing up. all of this sounds really silly, i know.
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:20 AM   #288
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Iain]I am conflicetd about the New Blockaders. At times it was excruciating and I wanted it to end but for about 5-10 minutes in the middle I closed my eyes and it was as if they apocalypse was happening around me and I was actually convinced that when I opened my eyes there would be nothing left.[quote]

are you sure you dont drink?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:20 AM   #289
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I think everything I have heard by The Skaters sounds pretty much like they did at ATP. A more intimate venue is a better place to see them...with cushions on the floor would be even nicer.
Old 12.15.2006, 09:21 AM   #290
Iain
invito al cielo

[quote=jon boy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IainI am conflicetd about the New Blockaders. At times it was excruciating and I wanted it to end but for about 5-10 minutes in the middle I closed my eyes and it was as if they apocalypse was happening around me and I was actually convinced that when I opened my eyes there would be nothing left.quote

are you sure you dont drink?

haha....yes, quite sure.
Old 12.15.2006, 09:23 AM   #291
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
I think everything I have heard by The Skaters sounds pretty much like they did at ATP.

it probably was just an impression i had - i only heard snippets of songs by them. i did not really know their music before.
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:24 AM   #292
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Well the funky bass could be a welcome nod to the R&B album that Stapleton has been talking about making for a long while now.Thanks for all the accounts.A most enjoyable read.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 09:33 AM   #293
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i liked the bar staff for their reactions, not the service to the music. during corsano flaherty one of them put his head in his hands and just shouted 'fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkk'. i couldnt stop laughing.

The bar staff in the Crazy Horse were hilarious... whilst trying to ascertain whether Family Underground had played yet (they were the first band on)... I asked one of them, to which I got the reply "oh some band was messing about a little bit earlier"... I interpreted this as meaning the soundcheck and no they had not in fact played yet. About 3-4 minutes later I overheard someone on the next table to me wondering the same thing... I of course jumped in with my little bit of information and they duly thanked me, made a few mobile phone calls and left the hall on the basis of it. I later found out that Family Underground had indeed played and what the barman had referred to as "messing about a little bit" was their set!... I felt like such a fool.

Old 12.15.2006, 09:53 AM   #294
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
According to one chap, the lady on the bar on the left as you walked into the main stage quit on the spot when Wolf Eyes came on, saying, "There has to be some law against this". I felt sorry for a lot of them. Someone really should've warned them. I found some of the stuff a bit boring, odds and sods of it left me cold, but then I'm pretty aware of that sort of music. Can you imagine not having any idea who the Stooges or SY are and then coming to a festival of that? Poor, poor people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 10:36 AM   #295
Iain
invito al cielo

One of the guys on the door said Comets on Fire sounded like nails scraping down a chalkboard...they did at that point and from the outside of the venue to be fair. He also said he liked Deep Purple and rockabilly. Maybe he would have actually liked Comets on Fire?
Old 12.15.2006, 11:53 AM   #296
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
some girl standing behind the bar on the main stage on sunday did a really good impersonation of the wolf eyes vocals... absolutely hilarious. i also noticed that some of the bar personnel seemed really annoyed with the same cd being played over the PA in between bands during the entire festival though (so was i). i really like school of the flower by six organs of admittance, but i don't need to hear it 3 days long on stage 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
Hi Peter.

It's really nice to hear that bark haze came out quite nice. Can't wait, when you'll share recording. Will you put it on dime as well?

Thanks!

everything i have will end up on dime... unless they sound really really utter crap and wouldn't be interesting for others to hear. but be patient please, because i gave them all to someone else who's so kind to offer to transfer everything for me.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 12:06 PM   #297
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.ecstaticpeace.com/shots/A...ay2/viewer.swf

FUCK

The photographer(the one on the left)! That's the one I kept bloody seeing and never getting the courage to talk to her. Dammit. Anyone know her! haha

Piece of crap it is wont go to the pic I asked for. Well if you're interested it's the one on the second page 3 down and 3 across. Man she was gorgeous!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 12:09 PM   #298
Iain
invito al cielo

Which one? That link just goes to the index of the pics for Sunday. Was it the girl with dark hair?
Old 12.15.2006, 12:11 PM   #299
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Which one? That link just goes to the index of the pics for Sunday. Was it the girl with dark hair?

Edited

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 12:14 PM   #300
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

Does anyone know who replaced Jackie-O Motherfucker on the Reds stage on Sunday night?...

It just occurred to me... I left Reds after Mouthus to catch a bit of six Organs action and never returned.

121314 15 161718 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth