Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston curates art show in NYC...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.28.2007, 08:04 AM   #1
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses

Once again you people who live in New York are so lucky.... the idea of this show is really making my juices flow.

GBE @ Passerby is pleased to present

Radical Living Papers

Alternative and underground publications and art (1960 - 1975)

February 2 - March 20 2007

GBE @ Passerby 436 West 15th Street NYC 10011

Gallery hours: Thursday - Saturday 1- 6 pm

The Council for the Fortieth Anniversary of The Summer of Love with Gavin Brown’s enterprise opens and invites you to an exhibition of the world’s most radical living papers from a time when the press took risks and voiced opinions.
Celebrating the heyday of alternative magazine publishing in Europe and America, Gavin Brown’s enterprise at Passerby opens an exhibition of more than two hundred original copies, as well as reproductions of these seminal and obscure publications, whose influence reverberates through culture, politics, and society.

Covering politics, revolutions, evolutions of the planets, freak-outs, love-ins, support of green politics, gay liberation, power to the people, the peace parties, protests, the Panthers, peyote, LSD, pot, fiction, music, poetry, prose, prayers and more. Publications include: Actuel, Avatar, Berkeley Barb, Berkeley Tribe, Black Panther Papers, Digger Papers, Door, East Village Other [EVO], The Fifth Estate, Freep, Grabuge, Hobo-Québec, International Times [it], Los Angeles Free Press, The Oracle, The Organ, Other Scenes, OZ, Rat, The Realist, Re Nudo, Rolling Stone, The Seed, Ann Arbor Sun....more.

Please note: A press conference to the unified, positive forces, actively involved in the community will be held at 6pm on Friday, February 2, 2007, with active members of today’s free press.

Curated by Eva Prinz, Dan Donahue, and Thurston Moore.

About the curators: Dan Donahue is a musician and designer, whose collections of books, records, clothing, and ephemera of twentieth-century pop culture have inspired numerous books, exhibits, and records. Eva Prinz is a writer and book editor based in New York. She has edited artists’ monographs, exhibition catalogues, surveys, and illustrated books. Thurston Moore is founding member of the rock group Sonic Youth, as well as a published poet. His books include Alabama Wildman, Fuck a Hippie, But Be a Punk , and Total Poon. He also runs EcstaticPeace.com, a music, art, and literature website.

Media sponsors include: Arthur (Los Angeles) Tokion (New York, Tokyo) Beer sponsor: Brahma

GBE @ Passerby
gallery@gavinbrown.biz
436 West 15th Street
New York NY 10011

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2007, 09:58 AM   #2
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
that is so neat.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth