Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Anyone see silent hill?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.24.2006, 08:38 AM   #1
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
As to be expected it was trash. I hated it. Even as a stand alone film, it was terrible and pointless.
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 10:14 AM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hah, the only reason i would go see it is for radha mitchell
she is fucking hot
but movies based on video games?
haven't we learned our lesson yet?

seriously, clean your brain from shit movies and rent some cassavetes
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 04:31 PM   #3
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i saw it. it was very good for a movie based on a game. it was creepy and atmospheric and the experience was very close to playing one of the games.

the ending was pretty poor, though.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 05:26 PM   #4
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a huge fan of the series and they're definitely the best survival horror games around, but the film was just a mess. As a game, silent hill is very atmospheric and filled with lots of neat little metaphors for why all of the craziness is occuring. The monsters are there for a reason, and signify parts of the character's personal psyche. In the film, they're just there from Alessa's nightmares as a tool for her revenge against those that abused her and killed her. And throwing in monsters from games other than 1 makes no sense. Actually the only creatures from 1 that appear are the insects and the demon children things.

The movie is nothing but a bunch of horror movie cliches, excessive violence and really terrible acting used to make a quick buck. And yes i know this is obvious, and i hope i don't sound like some stupid know-it-all fanboy.

Sorry, if no one cares.
Old 04.24.2006, 06:04 PM   #5
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
It sucked...but I enjoyed it because I was with friends and we made fun of a lot of it. Like "Look at me! I'm burning!" We keep saying that. And what the hell was with that woman who practically got raped by the barbed wire and the she was ripped in half?! Haha we started busting up in the theater. But yeah the movie was trash. All the reasons have pretty much been stated already.
Old 04.24.2006, 09:05 PM   #6
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

On the way out of the theater i heard someone say, "The best part was when the barbed wire went up that lady's ass!"
Old 04.24.2006, 09:47 PM   #7
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
ummjammer atomsk, is your username a play on the old playstation game "umjammer lammy"?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 04.25.2006, 07:56 AM   #8
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

Why, yes it is. I love that game.
Old 04.25.2006, 08:17 AM   #9
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not to gone on the games, they are kinda dopey, i remember, i think it was Silent hill 2 or something and you're going around with a fuckin stick with a nail thru it as a weapon, got very boring very quick, Residen Evil 4 on the gamecube,.pure class
Old 04.25.2006, 11:18 AM   #10
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

RE 4's gameplay is really fun but the game is really lacking because of the semi-neat scientific story and little memos and diaries that i liked to find and read in the rest of the main titles. Leon is a dip shit now too. And the cheesy dialogue can become really obnoxious. It's not really creepy at all either and i wish there were zombies.
Old 04.25.2006, 11:27 AM   #11
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
plus the young one in it is an annoying bitch going round screaming all the time, time "leon......LEON......." jaysus she fair wercked my head
Old 04.25.2006, 11:29 AM   #12
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
The only movie based on a game that I actually liked was Final Fantasy, they put a lot into it. The game was much better though. There's nothing like playing FF3 on the SNES.
Old 04.25.2006, 11:37 AM   #13
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
The only movie based on a game that I actually liked was Final Fantasy, they put a lot into it. The game was much better though. There's nothing like playing FF3 on the SNES.

wow, Final Fnatasy 3 on the SNES... the memories! 7 was very good also, they are bringing out that as a film now, Advent Children
Old 04.25.2006, 11:41 AM   #14
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
wow, Final Fnatasy 3 on the SNES... the memories! 7 was very good also, they are bringing out that as a film now, Advent Children

Yeah! I heard about that. FF7 was really good, I never ended up getting through the whole thing since I never had it for playstation and there's a bug in the computer ROM. FF3 was gold though, I'd play that game 5 hours a day.
Old 04.25.2006, 12:32 PM   #15
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey

you can actually download advent children w/subtitles and it's awesome!!!

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 04.25.2006, 07:14 PM   #16
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Ew. My friend laughed the whole time. I didn't understand it and I thought it was stupid. What a waste.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 07:43 PM   #17
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

Advent Children is alright, but the whole thing has more style than substance. The story is super weak compared to the game's. The fight scenes are definitly pretty though, and the cg is state-of-the-art, but they totally ruined the soundtrack by adding metal guitar to beautiful peices like one winged angel. That really pissed me off. Oh, and Barret had cornrows and called Cloud a bitch.
Old 04.26.2006, 05:58 AM   #18
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
Oh, and Barret had cornrows and called Cloud a bitch.

Barret was always a cheeky git, nobody called Cloud a bitch

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth