Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Creation Rebels - Radio 1 Documentary 1994
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.31.2006, 10:54 AM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.creation-records.com/news/index.html

I recently found an old C90 cassette I thought i'd like to share with you. As I was moving some old tapes I noticed one had 'Creation Documentary' written on the cover, upon listening to the tape all I can work out is this was an old documentary on Radio 1 from 1994 as 'Live Forever' by Oasis is being touted as the labels latest success.
Featuring interviews with Joe Foster, Everett True, Guy Chadwick, Bill Drummond, Mark Gardener, Momus, Bob Mould, Lesley Rankin & Annie Nightingale, the recording is only 46 minutes long, i'm not sure what happened to the start of the show but it starts on Primal Scream and 'All Fall Down'. Apologies to all the Mary Chain fans out there....
There are two things I think make this a quite an exciting documentary. Firstly unlike the 2004 documentary this was made whilst the label was still active and secondly it is pre-Britpop. British indpenedent music had only just brushed with the mainstream so the show is far less obsessed with sales figures and chart positions and focuses more on the artists and the music.
Presented by Peter Eastern

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth