Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page ALOBEEBOLA
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2014, 10:04 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking shit... so now the WHO has completely backtracked and hit the green light for "untested" drugs for Ebola.. Just YESTERDAY on PBS Newshour I saw an interview with an WHO spokeswoman who said that the WHO rejects these drugs because not only are the completely unproven and potentially risky, they can cause local unrest as people in West Africa either accuse the organization of favoritism as they rightfully cautiously distribute these new "drugs" or even worse, if there are bad side effects or if they don't work cause unrest as people cry foul and accuse the WHO and all NGOs in the region of duplicity and nefarious intentions.. After all, look what happened in Haiti, the UN security forces sent to back up the NGOs brought severe Cholera with them and Haiti hadn't seen Cholera since the 1950s...

ITS NOT EVEN REMOTELY KNOWN IF THESE DRUGS WORK IN ANY WAY. The doctors have treated literally a handful of people, and its not sure at this point if the survival of these can be attributed to the drug or just the natural mortality rate which in modern healthcare settings is slightly above 50% because of the extremely limited sample size and the "Wyatt Earp Effect"

This is reckless. I should be posting in the "bitch about shit that pisses you off" but I think its such a serious topic it deserves it owns thread..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth