Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Introduce Yrself.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.31.2008, 01:17 AM   #1241
Youth_Against_Facism
stalker

Youth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's asses
Name: Liam
Jams: Alot
Random Fact: I'm a boy.
Youth_Against_Facism is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2008, 01:32 AM   #1242
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
yay!
welcome.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2008, 07:58 AM   #1243
Mostly Harmless
bad moon rising

Mostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's asses
Word.
Stories should've been made a requirement, or at least strongly encouraged in these first posts.
Old 08.06.2008, 10:26 AM   #1244
benhagerty
empty page

benhagerty is a splendid one to beholdbenhagerty is a splendid one to beholdbenhagerty is a splendid one to beholdbenhagerty is a splendid one to beholdbenhagerty is a splendid one to beholdbenhagerty is a splendid one to beholdbenhagerty is a splendid one to beholdbenhagerty is a splendid one to behold
Uhh yeah, my name is Ben, I am 17 and I am obsessed with Sonic Youth. That is all
benhagerty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2008, 10:28 AM   #1245
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Welcome Ben, welcome to this wrecked place.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 04:32 PM   #1246
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
my name is justin.
I am 21 years old.
I have lived in florida my entire life, but all over. Born in Jacksonville, lived in Miami until I was 8 then moved to a small town in northern florida called Live Oak. Then I lived in gainesville for a couple years, and now I just moved to Fort Lauderdale, where most people listen to shitty hip hop and even shittier techno and think rock music is linkin park, creed, and nickleback. I don't like south florida.
I listen to a lot of music. Robert Johnson, Miles Davis, The Band, Allman Brothers, Beatles, Pink Floyd (piper at the gates of dawn; the first noise rock album?), Meat Puppets, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., Bob Dylan, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Pixies, Modest Mouse, Holopaw, Silver Jews, Pavement, The Pogues, Talking Heads, Sea and Cake, Daniel Johnston, Jandek, The Microphones....and always looking for new sounds.
I am a former student of Florida School of the Arts. I havent done art since I left art school.
I play bass and started playing guitar.
I play soccer and rugby.
I am into photography, music, writing, reading, and riding bicycles. I also like shooting guns and making chemical weapons and bombs with homemade ingredients.

When I was 6 years old I was playing hide and seek with my younger sister and won. She never found me. But after she quit and went to her friends house to go play my mom had to help me get out of the the washer.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 04:41 PM   #1247
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
my name is justin.
I am 21 years old.
I have lived in florida my entire life, but all over. Born in Jacksonville, lived in Miami until I was 8 then moved to a small town in northern florida called Live Oak. Then I lived in gainesville for a couple years, and now I just moved to Fort Lauderdale, where most people listen to shitty hip hop and even shittier techno and think rock music is linkin park, creed, and nickleback. I don't like south florida.
I listen to a lot of music. Robert Johnson, Miles Davis, The Band, Allman Brothers, Beatles, Pink Floyd (piper at the gates of dawn; the first noise rock album?), Meat Puppets, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., Bob Dylan, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Pixies, Modest Mouse, Holopaw, Silver Jews, Pavement, The Pogues, Talking Heads, Sea and Cake, Daniel Johnston, Jandek, The Microphones....and always looking for new sounds.
I am a former student of Florida School of the Arts. I havent done art since I left art school.
I play bass and started playing guitar.
I play soccer and rugby.
I am into photography, music, writing, reading, and riding bicycles. I also like shooting guns and making chemical weapons and bombs with homemade ingredients.

When I was 6 years old I was playing hide and seek with my younger sister and won. She never found me. But after she quit and went to her friends house to go play my mom had to help me get out of the the washer.

Hi there,

welcome to hell
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 05:01 PM   #1248
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
Hi there,

welcome to hell

Thanks for the welcome!

But I moved to south florida a couple weeks before joining the forum, so the welcome is a little late.

Or were you referring to the forum? Because the people here are much more preferrable than the south floridians. I would rather be surrounded by rednecks. At least they are fun to fuck with. Plus rednecks know how to have a clean fight. You get in a scrap down here, chances are you're gonna get shot or stabbed. Fuuuuuck that.

Old 08.14.2008, 05:03 PM   #1249
al shabbray

I was referring to the forum, never been in florida, or the US in general.
but the chances that you will be mind-raped are pretty high here in the forum, dunno if the bad guys in south florida are known for that too.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 05:08 PM   #1250
cars_willkillyou
stalker

not mentally...just physically. that is why i dont go to the clubs in south beach. Or clubs in general.

Old 08.14.2008, 05:13 PM   #1251
al shabbray

they will rape you there?
why did you move then?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 06:59 PM   #1252
cars_willkillyou
stalker

oh, and i read on the previous pages people bashing the division bell...

You should listen to it more. In my opinion, The Wall is the worst album Floyd ever made. Its great...but its shallow and pedantic. The Division Bell is just different. You can't listen to a band that has been around for over 25 years and expect them to similar enough for comparison. Thats why I dont compare Sonic Nurse to Confusion is Sex. Like people, bands grow. I like all of the eras of pink floyd. I think that is why they are my favorite band. Because they change with every album, and every album is amazing...or to me at least it is. Personally, I love Syd Barret's work the most.

I dont think that its the "true" floyd. If there is a "true" floyd, it would be gilmour/waters. Obscured by clouds, meddle, dark side, atom heart mother. thats what pink floyd is.

Old 08.14.2008, 09:35 PM   #1253
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome!

But I moved to south florida a couple weeks before joining the forum, so the welcome is a little late.

Or were you referring to the forum? Because the people here are much more preferrable than the south floridians. I would rather be surrounded by rednecks. At least they are fun to fuck with. Plus rednecks know how to have a clean fight. You get in a scrap down here, chances are you're gonna get shot or stabbed. Fuuuuuck that.

Me and Jade live in central Florida and uhler used to live here too. Sucks to live in the south, no? But we have the luxuries of adding obnoxious Puerto Ricans to our mix of awkward social tension!

Quote:
oh, and i read on the previous pages people bashing the division bell...

You should listen to it more. In my opinion, The Wall is the worst album Floyd ever made. Its great...but its shallow and pedantic. The Division Bell is just different. You can't listen to a band that has been around for over 25 years and expect them to similar enough for comparison. Thats why I dont compare Sonic Nurse to Confusion is Sex. Like people, bands grow. I like all of the eras of pink floyd. I think that is why they are my favorite band. Because they change with every album, and every album is amazing...or to me at least it is. Personally, I love Syd Barret's work the most.

I dont think that its the "true" floyd. If there is a "true" floyd, it would be gilmour/waters. Obscured by clouds, meddle, dark side, atom heart mother. thats what pink floyd is.

I've tried listening to the Division Bell but I just can't get past how much it sucks. Also, fuck the Wall. I'm into Meddle, DSOTM, WYWH, and Obscured by Clouds. As much as I hate the fucker, Waters really helped bring Floyd back down to earth. Could you imagine early Floyd without Waters? How about DSOTM Floyd? Yeah, now think about that again, 10 years later. Euuuuugh.

Either way, welcome to the board!
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 03:32 AM   #1254
cars_willkillyou
stalker

yeah, i just moved out of gainesville. Honestly, Gainesville, St. Augustine, maaaaybe Jacksonville if it was the right part, and like 5 blocks in Orlando are the only places in florida worth living in.

I am not taking away from Waters, I just dont like the wall. I will say that listening to it on vinyl changed my opinion. The album is already an extremely cold record, and when you put it in digital format it loses any sense of warmth and sounds empty. But on vinyl, it is much better. I mean of course, just about everything sounds better through a stylus, but The Wall is one of those albums that it makes a drastic difference...in my opinion at least. I'm right with you though, Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, Ummagumma, great albums. But I personally enjoy listening to Piper At the Gates of Dawn and Saucerful of Secrets.

Its for the same reason I prefer listening to sonic youth over pavement. Pavement is catchier, and im not always in the mood for something i can sing along with. I want to hear music made for musicians, by musicians. I want to hear musicians going above and beyond the norms of popular musical standards and really branch off.

By the way, this is the only music forum I belong to. While I love Pavement and pretty much everything Malkmus does, I dont think a pavement forum is where i would want to be.

I dont even know why I joined this forum though. Sonic youth fans are assholes.

Thanks for the welcome.

Old 08.15.2008, 04:26 AM   #1255
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Pink Floyd (piper at the gates of dawn; the first noise rock album?)
A thread that may be of interest - http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20649
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2008, 05:37 PM   #1256
boy_howdy
bad moon rising

boy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's asses
Name: kana
Jams: recordings of sounds
Pictures: comics, horror movies, and documentaries
Random Fact: i live in the internet
Picture:

boy_howdy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2008, 05:53 PM   #1257
al shabbray

nice pic
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2008, 05:57 PM   #1258
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Tres shabby chic.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2008, 06:01 PM   #1259
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_howdy
Name: kana
Jams: recordings of sounds
Pictures: comics, horror movies, and documentaries
Random Fact: i live in the internet

Picture:

howdy boy, cool boots girl!

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2008, 12:20 PM   #1260
boy_howdy
bad moon rising

boy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
howdy boy, cool boots girl!

thanks! they are my rainboots but since i moved to arizona i dont need them much....
so i wear them when i do my laundry (i wash my clothes by hand with a washboard and everything) and hang them up to dry.
boy_howdy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
53606162 63 64656673 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth