Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page meeting the sonics?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.05.2006, 02:40 PM   #1
karma_army
empty page

karma_army has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I was just thinking that if sonic youth played somewhere like the olympia in dublin or another small enough venue how easy would it be to go and meet the guys afterwards?
karma_army is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 03:07 PM   #2
Magublafix
children of satan

Magublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's assesMagublafix kicks all y'all's asses
would be funny to talk with them and drink 1 or 2 beers...
Magublafix is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 03:13 PM   #3
Grete
the destroyed room

Grete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magublafix
would be funny to talk with them and drink 1 or 2 beers...

it WOULD BE....

SONIC YOUTH ITALIA
Grete is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
I've met them about three times in different situations, and I've decided that after the buzz of the first time, it's pretty awkward (I'm awkward in general) and it's not necessarily worth it.

They are incredibly nice and with the exception of one time, they have always been generous with time, autographs, pictures, etc. (One time they bolted after the show and kindly told everyone no autographs... the next night, they took over an hour to make up for it.) Lee and Steve are the most approachable; Lee took pictures of me and all the other fans once (told us to pose) and Steve can talk about music and the band for as long as you stand there.

Thurston often tries to leave early undisturbed, though I have seen him stand outside and talk to groups of people without the band. I guess it depends on his mood. I once gave Thurston a whistle before a show and asked him to blow it during Silver Rocket, which he did after giving me a shout out! It was fantastic!

Kim is the least approachable; though she certainly is not mean spirited, she doesn't seem to know what to do around obsessed fans.

I would recommend going ridiculously early to the show and meeting them before sound check. You'll have to waste the day, but you might make some friends with the other sonic youth freaks, and generally, there aren't as many people jabbing for autographs as there are after the show.
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 04:16 PM   #5
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I have met Jim, Thurston, and Kim. Kim and Jim were kinda quiet but I talked to Thurston for about 15 minutes. He was really cool. He went off on some random music trivia involving Redd Kross and the Go Gos. It was pretty funny.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 09:19 PM   #6
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
that's really something i'd love... you know even just to meet up, and say thanx for the beautiful stuff they keep doing... i owe them big...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth