Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page More tour dates with Pearl Jam
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.05.2006, 01:29 PM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
DATES AND OPENING ACTS FOR LEG TWO OF PEARL JAM'S 2006 U.S. TOUR ARE AS FOLLOWS:
DATE CITY VENUE OPENING ACT
June 23 Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena Robert Pollard
June 24 Cincinnati, OH US Bank Arena Robert Pollard
June 26* St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
June 27* St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
July 2* Denver, CO Pepsi Center
July 3* Denver, CO Pepsi Center
July 6 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena Sonic Youth
July 7 San Diego, CA Cox Arena Sonic Youth
July 9** Los Angeles, CA The Great Western Forum Sonic Youth
July 10** Los Angeles, CA The Great Western Forum Sonic Youth
July 13 Santa Barbara, CA Santa Barbara Bowl Sonic Youth
July 16 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Aud. Sonic Youth
July 18 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Aud. Sonic Youth
July 22 George, WA The Gorge "An Evening with Pearl Jam"
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 02:02 PM   #2
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
i seem to recognize your face
haunting, familiar, yet i can't seem to place it
cannot find the candle of thought to light your name
lifetimes are catching up with me
all these changes taking place, i wish i'd seen the place
but no one's ever taken me
hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
i swear i recognize your breath
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising
me, you wouldn't recall, for i'm not my former
it's hard when, you're stuck upon the shelf
i changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate
perhaps that's what no one wants to see
i just want to scream...hello...
my god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return
but now here you are, and here i am
hearts and thoughts they fade...away...
hearts and thoughts they fade...away...
hearts and thoughts they fade...
Old 04.05.2006, 03:17 PM   #3
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Dude, I think I could actually be able to go to the 16th gig. I'll be in Monterrey that weekend. Ahhhhh.
Old 04.05.2006, 04:05 PM   #4
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
Darn it, the Cincinnati show is with Robert Pollard... I was hoping to get to go to one of these.

The asterisks represent shows they are doing with Tom Petty... a strange pairing.

Don't diss on Pearl Jam; they play two and half hour shows, mix up their setlists, have made incredible music under the public radar since their heyday in the early nineties, give a lot to their fans, charity, and political debate, and are one of the best live bands around.

I wouldn't judge it until you gave it a proper chance!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 09:22 PM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski

Don't diss on Pearl Jam; they play two and half hour shows, mix up their setlists, have made incredible music under the public radar since their heyday in the early nineties, give a lot to their fans, charity, and political debate, and are one of the best live bands around.

That's right
Old 04.05.2006, 09:38 PM   #6
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
So, what is the deal with the lips. Chabib wouldn't really give me a straight answer.
Old 04.06.2006, 09:48 AM   #7
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
Darn it, the Cincinnati show is with Robert Pollard... I was hoping to get to go to one of these.

The asterisks represent shows they are doing with Tom Petty... a strange pairing.

Don't get too upset that Pollard is opening for PJ. While I will miss the chance to see SY because of it, Pollard is still a strong opener. It should be interesting how he mixes it up with such a large crowd. I've heard that his new bands rocks hard (Tommy Keene on guitar) so it should be arena-worthy.

Also, the last time Pj was in town, there show got cancelled because of flood waters at the riverside, outdoor venue. This is really a make-up show from 2002(3). Pj tends to reward fans that have been inconvenienced even if it wasn't their fault. Plus this is the venue of the infamous Who stampede which vedder referenced in their 2000 show (with SY as the opener) by playing a killer solo version of "The Kids Are Alright".

Plus it's on a Saturday night. Sounds like a no-brainer.

I HATE YOU
--Atari 2600
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 12:39 AM   #8
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
I would love to go but the pricing for tickets is just highway robbery ... I'm bummed out becuz I love SY and I would pay to see them everynight for a reasonable sum, and I don't fault them so much, I guess its some kind of honor to go play with the Neil Young wanna be, WAIT SY PLAYED with Neil Young !! guess that blows that theory... o well.. have fun Madonna fans I bet there will be no taping the shows.. frisk frisk frisk frisk...

I hope they do smaller venues along with the Pearl Jam shows ... for God's sake... when is the price of paying so much to see someone really worth it?? Is the internet downloading really cutting the pie so deep... musicians are forced to fuck their fans >>> I guess it's time to show the door swings both ways..you may have got my music free from your buddy but you gonna pay out your ass to see me live.. the new way of thinking

SugarLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 12:41 AM   #9
krastian
invito al cielo

SY will play their own tour....chill.
Old 04.07.2006, 12:50 AM   #10
SugarLips
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
SY will play their own tour....chill.

of course they will, and I've seen them too many times to count...so no chillin needed .. just expressing my thoughts on it all...
don't mind me if I had the $$$$$$$$$$$ I would probably go see them ... don't think I would hang for PJam they're ok ....just not the gods they act like they are, ekem reminds me of U2

Old 04.07.2006, 12:53 AM   #11
krastian
invito al cielo

Right on.
Old 04.07.2006, 01:38 AM   #12
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I'm so torn. Sy will do there own tour...maybe I should go see that, it'll probably be better than them opening for pj. But I can't go on my own (or so says my parents) so my dad would have to take me and my dad would rather see PJ (and he doesn't even really want to go). And on top of that, I'd have to buy tickets, for me at least, and I wouldn't have money to buy things at coachella which I am already going to thanks to my dad (do I have the right to ask him for more?) and I want to buy CD's and I could probably use some new cloths. Damn.
Old 04.07.2006, 06:27 AM   #13
SugarLips
little trouble girl

I realized ...I may be speaking a little weird becuz the face value of the tickets in some cases may be a reasonable amount like $57.. it's not so much the venue charges but the scouts buy up all the tickets and jack the pricing up.. the scouts are in many cases owned remotely by the venues.. dog eat dog ... Coachella sounds fun, new clothes are always fun.. the concert would be fun too and SY will put on a great show.. I don't know if I had the $ I would go ..

Old 04.07.2006, 01:24 PM   #14
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know about Pearl Jam but I'm looking forward to seeing SY at the MGM.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth