Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page the constantly-bumped "great releases of 2010" thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2010, 08:51 PM   #121
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This is the only album I've listened to in 2010 besides the new Jack Rose and some assorted drum n bass records.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2010, 08:51 PM   #122
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

lawl

Old 02.14.2010, 04:55 AM   #123
DanielCarlson
children of satan

DanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's asses
I really like William Basinski - Vivian & Ondine
DanielCarlson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2010, 07:58 AM   #124
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Ah, there's a new Basinski? Haha, dumb question, there's probably 10 new Basinskis. I love him but feel like nothing will ever top Disintegration Loops

Old 02.15.2010, 10:40 AM   #125
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
chris sharp is wordy as fuck

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 01:42 PM   #126
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
dubstep! dubstep! dubstep! its the new generations trip hop! an open genre label which has easy self adheisive strips of sticky back plastic for the listener to place on whatever electronic based item that he/she/it deems not very good! hyperbole, hyperbollocks! whatever happened to the nonsensitive approach to music...thats good thats shite thats ok./..oh yeah it became obsolete with the advent of the mp3 player, now we are all lester bangs!

as for the autechre album, i really like it, its ten times better than quarstice and 5 times better than 40% of their previous output. doesnt hold a candle to lp5 tho. and yeah its typical autechre beats..what do you expect..power chords? a bad autechre album is gonna knock socks off any other album, dubstep or otherwise, released this side of the summer.....

now lets talk about the masterpiece that is "sisterworld"

....... (stands back and prepares to watch the fruits of his labour behind a big rock that has a link to pitchfork on it)
Old 02.16.2010, 11:27 AM   #127
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
This is the only album I've listened to in 2010 besides the new Jack Rose and some assorted drum n bass records.

drum and bass? why would anyone listen to dnb in 2010?
if you do then listen to my ep
its out on vinyl, and its called 'out there'. i havent searched but im sure its easy to find anywhere on the internet..
if you want some good electronic music id rather reccomend some good techno.
classic stuff. detroit stuff.
acutally - the same goes for Paulybee! dubstep - if its good (martyn and that sort of stuff) - its mainly heavily influenced by good techno or house the others are crap imo.

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 12:18 PM   #128
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

well I'm all for reccomendations.. I want some classic techno def... I've been listening to this redshape album a shitload too.

Mainly just electronic music for the past 4 months..

Old 02.18.2010, 12:50 PM   #129
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
well I'm all for reccomendations.. I want some classic techno def... I've been listening to this redshape album a shitload too.

ok so first of all get the moritz von oswald trio 'vertical ascent' lp.
its not classic techno, but its one of the best records of 2009.
moritz (aka maurizio) is the originator of dub techno so basicly anything by him is pure gold (a few years ago he collaborated with detroit techno superstar carl craig and 'covered' some Ravel and Mussorgsky pieces)
the new monolake lp is said to be very good too - havent heard it myself.
also make sure you get the grandfather paradox compilation on innervision recordings. on that youll find some tunes wich changed techno and electronic music.

Old 02.18.2010, 12:53 PM   #130
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

thanks.

the only reason I still post here is because electronic music forums are too dorky.

Old 02.18.2010, 12:56 PM   #131
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

http://www.mezerik.com/bonus_mixes/

Loads there. Well worth ploughing through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2010, 01:01 PM   #132
Bal
the end of the ugly

oh one more thing
if youre looking for a superb dnb album (or two actually)
get both albums by JONNY L : sawtooth and magnetic.
hes makes the most unique and most interesting tunes in dnb and thats a fact.

Old 03.06.2010, 07:03 AM   #133
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
the greatest album this year so far is the Bastard Noise/Endless Blockade split

specifically the Bastard Noise side which marks a very historic stylistic return to Man is the Bastard who if you are not familiar with is a strong contender for greatest discography of any band formed in the last 20 years
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2010, 08:07 PM   #134
Massassinated
bad moon rising

Massassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's asses
favorite release of 2010 so far : Balaclavas - Roman holiday
Might be of interest for some people here I guess
Old 03.08.2010, 09:29 PM   #135
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite so far of 2010 is Soft Crash by Nothing People, followed by Sorcererers of Madness (4rd Year in a Row) by Guinea Worms, Out of Phase by Home Blitz, the self-titled LP of John Bellows, and the new Hell to Play LP by The Whines. N.213/Reflektionss split LP, self-titled by Le Sang Song, and Meaningless Friendly by So Cow are also rating strong.

Reissue/retrospectives of the year promise to be...

X Aspirations on Pigs
A Frames 333 triple-LP on SS
Nudge Squidfish Twenty Thousand Leagues Under Nashville

Best EPs isn't mounting as quickly as I'd have presumed...

Druid Perfume Don't Eat 'em They're Poison 7"
Mujeres 3 Canciones de Muerte y Sudor 7"
Sonny & the Sunsets The Hypnotist 7"
Rot Shit You're Welcome 7"
Rank/Xerox self-titled 7"
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2010, 01:15 AM   #136
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
What? They're reissuing A Frames? Must must must get.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2010, 05:36 AM   #137
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
The reissues already happened on Born Bad a while back.

333 is a triple-LP of selected cuts from an unreleased 4th album, plus early demo stuff and alternate takes on familiar songs. It's definitely a must, must, must!

There's an early demo from April 2001 that woulda been the actual 1st album which total smokes. I'm pretty sure that much of that stuff made the cut for this release. Regardless, it was pretty painstakingly sorted out, so expect great results.

Reunion tour this May/June with X from Australia! That is seriously gonna be worth deadheading behind!
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2010, 10:08 PM   #138
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses

Wye Oak's "My Neighbor / My Creator" may define my spring even as a short 5-track EP. "My Creator" and "I Hope You Die" in particular will be on repeat for a while.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2010, 02:24 AM   #139
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massassinated
favorite release of 2010 so far : Balaclavas - Roman holiday
Might be of interest for some people here I guess
Yeah that's great. I love the Nice Face record too.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2010, 02:32 AM   #140
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rick
My favorite so far of 2010 is Soft Crash by Nothing People, followed by Sorcererers of Madness (4rd Year in a Row) by Guinea Worms, Out of Phase by Home Blitz, the self-titled LP of John Bellows, and the new Hell to Play LP by The Whines. N.213/Reflektionss split LP, self-titled by Le Sang Song, and Meaningless Friendly by So Cow are also rating strong.

Reissue/retrospectives of the year promise to be...

X Aspirations on Pigs
A Frames 333 triple-LP on SS
Nudge Squidfish Twenty Thousand Leagues Under Nashville

Best EPs isn't mounting as quickly as I'd have presumed...

Druid Perfume Don't Eat 'em They're Poison 7"
Mujeres 3 Canciones de Muerte y Sudor 7"
Sonny & the Sunsets The Hypnotist 7"
Rot Shit You're Welcome 7"
Rank/Xerox self-titled 7"
The Nothing People album is excellent too. I want to order Guine Worms next week, when I get paid. Did you get to hear the Drunkdriver album yet?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth