Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page young @ heart
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2007, 11:07 AM   #1
wakeupnow
empty page

wakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to all
I was wondering who here was familiar with the Young @ Heart chorus... based out of Northampton, MA? Awhile back the main page of the Sonic Youth site linked to a youtube video of them performing "Schizophrenia" as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBeFL3qI-n8

I thought it would be so cool if they opened up for Sonic Youth... perhaps on a few off dates.. or something. What do you guys think?

http://www.youngatheartchorus.com/
wakeupnow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 11:10 AM   #2
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Yes we have seen this a million times. And it never fails...
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
The whole documentary about them was great. You should have seen their faces when their choir director let them listen to SY for the first time.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 08:49 AM   #4
wakeupnow
empty page

wakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to allwakeupnow is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
The whole documentary about them was great. You should have seen their faces when their choir director let them listen to SY for the first time.

Yes, it is utterly priceless. Would be great if the documentary had U.S. distribution. They are well known throughout Europe and elsewhere... but completely unknown in the States.
Old 06.15.2007, 10:51 PM   #5
ahhavalon
little trouble girl

ahhavalon ain't too shabby
Yeah, I hadn't heard about them until Schizophrenia. What's the story behind them anyways?
ahhavalon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2007, 02:31 PM   #6
hune.prut
little trouble girl

hune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, they rock!
hune.prut is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2007, 03:12 PM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhavalon
Yeah, I hadn't heard about them until Schizophrenia. What's the story behind them anyways?

Basically a community choir for senior citizens- but instead of singing old crooners songs and hymns, they go with modern songs, i.e, The Ramones, Sonic Youth, Coldplay. They play shows around the MA area. It's great to see how enthusiastic they are about new music.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 11:44 AM   #8
wakeupnow
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Basically a community choir for senior citizens- but instead of singing old crooners songs and hymns, they go with modern songs, i.e, The Ramones, Sonic Youth, Coldplay. They play shows around the MA area. It's great to see how enthusiastic they are about new music.

Read more about them here:

http://www.youngatheartchorus.com/

Also, the movie has been bought up by Fox Searchlight (Little Miss Sunshine) for theatrical release :-D

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/....jsp?&rid=9459
Old 07.12.2007, 12:12 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
them singing schizopghrenia makes me hapier than anything I have ever felt.

I need to see teh documentary
Old 07.12.2007, 12:16 PM   #10
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
they should be the supporting group for the free euthanasia movement.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 12:37 PM   #11
wakeupnow
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by jico.
they should be the supporting group for the free euthanasia movement.

lovely.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth