Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page London gig guide
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.21.2007, 04:50 AM   #361
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
^
That sounds rather tempting - not sure which night(s) though. Thanks.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 05:04 AM   #362
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
^
That sounds rather tempting - not sure which night(s) though. Thanks.

I'll probably do the predictable thing and go on the Wednesday (Biosphere, Chris Watson + BJ Nilsen), although the Scanner night sounds intriguing.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 06:04 AM   #363
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
It's difficult to choose between the two Biosphere / Chris Watson / BJ Nilsen nights when they have the same line ups doing different things. One part of me thinks that a recording of a storm crossing the North Sea is a rather cool concept, the other thinks it'll be boring as hell. I agree with you on the Scanner night, it does sound intriguing, assuming that there's more to it than just using garden tools (or samples thereof) as percussion.

Note to Porky - This is worth you taking a look. The first event sounds right up your street, but is unfortunately rather pricey.
Old 08.21.2007, 06:39 AM   #364
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The info that this is a TG gig seems to be from a very old post on TG's website, which only refers to an invitation to perform, not a confirmed date. However, this appears on the NWW myspace:

Nurse With Wound

13 Oct 2007, 20:00
Chalk Farm - North London

Rumor has it this will be a performance with Throbbing Gristle.

www.myspace.com/babssantini

I just heard from The Roundhouse that they have no information about this concert. I'll keep digging.

Old 08.21.2007, 07:29 AM   #365
sonicl
invito al cielo

The Freize festival does run from 11 to 14 October, and NWW is the sort of band they'd have play, so I'm willing to beleive that NWW are playing as part of the festival on 13 October. The TG bit I have my doubts about, but maybe Freize are holding off announcing anything about NWW until they know about TG.
Old 08.22.2007, 02:02 AM   #366
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
It's difficult to choose between the two Biosphere / Chris Watson / BJ Nilsen nights when they have the same line ups doing different things. One part of me thinks that a recording of a storm crossing the North Sea is a rather cool concept, the other thinks it'll be boring as hell. I agree with you on the Scanner night, it does sound intriguing, assuming that there's more to it than just using garden tools (or samples thereof) as percussion.

Note to Porky - This is worth you taking a look. The first event sounds right up your street, but is unfortunately rather pricey.

I've scored a couple of tickets for the Wednesday. Maybe see you there.

Old 08.22.2007, 05:38 AM   #367
sarramkrop

The Scanner date looks like it might be an interesting one.

15th September

INEPSY www.myspace.com/inepsy
COLD ONES www.myspace.com/coldonesinyergut
GIVE UP ALL HOPE www.myspace.com/giveupallhope
+a few others TBC

first band at 8, £5 in.

@The Cross Kings, York Way, N1. Nearest tube is kings cross and it's five minutes walk up the road.

Cold Ones 7" on Ghost City Records in Autumn.

Wednesday 5th September

Attack Vipers

Tim Holehouse

Librez

Naomi Hates Human-

Brixton Windmill

www.windmillbrixton.co.uk
www.myspace.com/attackvipers
www.myspace.com/timholehouse or www.timholehouse.com
www.myspace.com/norecording studio
www.myspace.com/naomihateshumans or www.naomihateshumans.co.uk
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2007, 05:48 AM   #368
sarramkrop

JOHN WIESE
LAMBORGHINI CRYSTAL
BLUE SABBATH BLACK FIJI
BIRDS OF DELAY
Thursday 6 September
Barden's Boudoir, 38 Stoke Newington Road, N16 7XJ
8pm | £6 | www.wegottickets.com

JOHN WIESE

John Wiese is a solo artist and serial collaborator from Los Angeles, California. His ongoing projects include LHD and Sissy Spacek, with plenty of freelance work with many artists as diverse as Sunn O))), Wolf Eyes, Merzbow, Dave Phillips, Smegma, Kevin Drumm, Cattle Decapitation, and C. Spencer Yeh. He has toured extensively throughout the world, covering Europe, Scandinavia and Australia as a member of Sunn O))), the UK as part of the Free Noise Tour, the United States alongside Wolf Eyes and recently performed in the 52nd Venice Biennale with artist Nico Vascellari.
www.john-wiese.com

LAMBORGHINI CRYSTAL
Lamborghini crystal is J.C. Peavey and James Ferraro. J.C.Peavey is from Love Canal New York and James Ferraro (also of The Skaters) from Rochester, New York. Ferraro lived on the New York State side of Niagara Falls for a year and there the beautiful broadcast was born, inspired by the miracle of the pyramid trance, a biosphere of the medias released consciousness. Demon channels was set up and broadcasted in an abandon slaughter house outside of Lake Champlain or as the locals call it 'nuclear lake'. The channels have been tainted by the demonic visions of Emanuel Swedenborg and bags of glue and video head cleaner, radioactive soil alike and the vision of melted forms in the information society as filtered through video brain customs and the microwave breeze purification trance until the final idealized form of Goro Karlth. A.M. waves of technocrone vigilante psychosis and back to back angelic tropical reggae to sewer jams and hazed out humid video scans.

BLUE SABBATH BLACK FIJI
A guitar wielding duo from Paris, France, in love with each other, the world and the noise around them, Blue Sabbath drive their set with an emotional charge and desire to express the connection between them through a wall of ecstatic, overdriven textures. Pure energy!
www.myspace.com/bluesabbathblackfiji

BIRDS OF DELAY
Birds of Delay is the duo of Steven Warwick and Luke Younger. The Birds have blossomed into one of the best offerings from the UK noise scene, with a prolific outpouring of material, through a never ending list of labels, including Chocolate Monk and American Tapes, and their continually evolving live performances. While their sound is underpinned by some almighty drones, the pair bring out an ever-changing array of instruments and electronic trickery to create some of the most intrciately rendered "noise" around.
www.myspace.com/birdsofdelay

http://www.upsettherhythm.co.uk/index.html

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2007, 03:36 AM   #369
sonicl
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
I've scored a couple of tickets for the Wednesday. Maybe see you there.
I've checked the finances and money's a bit tight at the moment, so I'm going to have to wait until nearer the time and see if tickets are still available.
Old 08.23.2007, 04:52 AM   #370
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I've checked the finances and money's a bit tight at the moment, so I'm going to have to wait until nearer the time and see if tickets are still available.

Okey Dokey.

Old 08.24.2007, 08:07 AM   #371
sarramkrop

THRILL JOCKEY 15TH BIRTHDAY ALL DAYER

LONDON KOKO,
SUN 11TH NOV, 2007 2PM

CONFIRMED ACTS INCLUDE THE FIERY FURNACES, TRANS AM, THE SEA AND CAKE, CALIFONE, ARBOURETUM, DANIEL HIGSS, RADIAN, THE ZINCS

LONDON KOKO,
1A CAMDEN HIGH STREET
CAMDEN
LONDON
NW1 www.atpfestival.com

THRILL JOCKEYS 15TH BIRTHDAY

LONDON KOKO,
MON 12TH NOV, 2007 7pm

Confirmed line up
Tortoise
Bobby Conn
Adult
KTL

LONDON KOKO,
1A CAMDEN HIGH STREET
CAMDEN
LONDON
NW1 www.atpfestival.com
08704325527 Tube: Mornington CrescentTube: Mornington Crescent
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2007, 04:47 PM   #372
sonicl
invito al cielo

Quote:
The info that this is a TG gig seems to be from a very old post on TG's website, which only refers to an invitation to perform, not a confirmed date. However, this appears on the NWW myspace:

Nurse With Wound

13 Oct 2007, 20:00
Chalk Farm - North London

Rumor has it this will be a performance with Throbbing Gristle.

www.myspace.com/babssantini

It looks like this was a false alarm, it's disappeared from the myspace site. Sorry for getting your hopes up, Florya.
Old 09.12.2007, 03:37 AM   #373
sarramkrop

Pop along to the lovely surroundings of the Flea Pit on Columbia Road, E2 on Saturday September 22nd. Alex Monk will be providing soothing laptop drones and guitars, Isnaj Dui on electronically manipulated flute and dulcimer and Rowan Porteous on laptop and trumpet. The night starts at 7.30pm, entry is £3. So pop along for this one as it promises to be a top notch evening.

myspace.com/alexmonk

myspace.com/isnajdui

myspace.com/superimpozer000
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2007, 09:42 AM   #374
sarramkrop

Storm Bugs played an incredibly raregig the week before the last one, and I've just found out now. Not fair.

Neither There Nor Here
Storm Bugs (Steven Ball & Philip Sanderson)
Live for the first time in 25 years, Storm Bugs present an all-new show of audio-visual navigational circuit bending and dis-orienteering. All around the roundabout, up and down Shoreditch High Street, in and out the Foundry, where are you going and how did you get there? Eschewing expectations, not to mention glitchy abstraction or the hedonistic thrill of the feedback rush, Storm Bugs turn their attention to the here and the now-ness, the there and the then-ness, collapsing distance, time, direction and location into a question, a riddle, a conundrum.
http://www.stormbugs.co.uk
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2007, 08:23 PM   #375
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
JOHN WIESE
LAMBORGHINI CRYSTAL
BLUE SABBATH BLACK FIJI
BIRDS OF DELAY
Thursday 6 September
Barden's Boudoir, 38 Stoke Newington Road, N16 7XJ
8pm | £6 | www.wegottickets.com

Did anyone on here go to this?

If you did, how was it?
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2007, 08:37 PM   #376
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
grey daturas on tuesday
thought forms soon after
then pamelia kurstin at the end of october
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2007, 08:28 AM   #377
sonicl
invito al cielo

Pansonic / Haswell Hecker
11th October
Conway Hall London
8pm
£12
NO BOOKING FEE.
You can pay for tickets by Pay Pal to TGUBERTIX @ AOL . COM

http://www.slimsmith.com/blastfirstp...sonicshow.html
Old 10.08.2007, 06:20 AM   #378
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone know if there is anything of interest going on in London on the 19th of October? Gigwise that is.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2007, 07:27 AM   #379
sonicl
invito al cielo

^
Broken Social Scene at Koko (Sold Out, but I think Bertrand had a couple of tickets for sale)

I can't find anything else.
Old 10.08.2007, 07:32 AM   #380
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I knew about that already and when I saw them before I thought it was one of the most boring things I've ever witnessed in the history of ever. But thanks for thinking of something.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
161718 19 20212229 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth